Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's New Tails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Machhalee View Post
    Neither would I! Haha! I think common sense is needed with every tail and caring for it. These are pricey, you'd never catch me dragging mine around, fabric or not! Btw Faith, I subscribed to your channel! Love your videos.
    Awww thank you!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Machhalee View Post
    Neither would I! Haha! I think common sense is needed with every tail and caring for it. These are pricey, you'd never catch me dragging mine around, fabric or not! Btw Faith, I subscribed to your channel! Love your videos.
    Awww thank you!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I just walked in from making some angel trumpet cuttings and remembered to check Finfolk's facebook. Still no word on the winner that I could find.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

anyone else buy during the presale and their tail hasn't shipped yet?? i'm honestly very annoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

The FinFolk Mythic Tail winner is Ayesha Sosa! 💜
    And with a huge congrats to her , FinFolk Productions posted the message with a orange scale background! So maybe one of their new Mythic tails are orange?

Those orange scales look so pretty!

Ayesha Sosa is soooo lucky!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Mystery View Post
    anyone else buy during the presale and their tail hasn't shipped yet?? i'm honestly very annoyed.

I purchased mine on Nov 14th. Still waiting also. They did send an email out a couple weeks ago about the delay. First batch went out for Christmas and the rest would be end of Dec. beginning of Jan. It should be soon now

Perhaps they sold more Mythic tails then they expected and thus it is taking them a while to make so many tails.

Ayesha Sosa has replied to the post saying she won. I was checking out her profile. She is SO deserving like, I feel awful for wanting to win. Also she has an orange tail and Finfolk posted her name over orange scales. I am pretty sure one of the next Mythic Tails will be orange.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    Tropical Plants

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    They did have a poll on FB asking for new colors, orange was a popular choice.

I'm glad it wasn't random That was so sweet of them reading through everyone's stories (at least the heartfelt ones).

Pretty sure shipping is behind for a lot of companies, not just Finfolk. The joys of the holiday season.

Follow Mermaid Machhalee on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Machhalee's Youtube Channel
    Makes me so disappointed that I bought my tail so soon. Orange was my dream color all along. I also suggested Orange or Gold during the poll on Facebook. I guess I'll just have to save up for it. The woman who won was so deserving, I'm so happy for her!!

The Earth is NOT some "dead thing" you can claim.

I'm so glad the only thing really "wrong" with the tail is the occasional scale falling off, which was something to be kind of expected . I just got my tracking number for my tail, and it looks like it'll be arriving on Friday :wooo:

Follow Mermaid Machhalee on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Machhalee's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity Falls View Post
    I'm so glad the only thing really "wrong" with the tail is the occasional scale falling off, which was something to be kind of expected . I just got my tracking number for my tail, and it looks like it'll be arriving on Friday :wooo:

So lucky!! I still haven't heard a thing about my tail, the suspense is KILLING me! What color did you order?

The Earth is NOT some "dead thing" you can claim.

Unboxing video pretty please!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    Tropical Plants

I ordered the teal color! I did email finfolk saying I'd like to receive the tail before the 15th of January so I could use it at my first mermaid meetup. I don't know if they even read my email or not, but everything seems to have worked out.

And I'll be posting an unboxing video on YouTube :> I'll make sure to link it on here as well

I just found this Mythic Tail review by Catherine Steele on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BOxqUcJB...leillustration

The discussion on that post is interesting too. She has good pros and cons but what mainly interested me is that she has lost 8 scales after only taking it out twice. Once again I see no previous evidence of her swimming in a mermaid tail so it could just be a beginner thing - learning how to swim in a tail, learning what surfaces you shouldn't wear your tail on, etc. This has me more and more curious about how the majority of mers will do with this tail.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    Tropical Plants

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Saren's Avatar
    Follow Saren On Twitter
    Follow Saren on Tumblr Visit Saren's Youtube Channel
    I just got my email about my order shipment. They really are working around the clock to get these tails out. At the latest some tails will be shipped out mid January. Does anyone know the twins personally? Do they like chocolates? I would like to make them treats to show how much they are appreciated!
    Mermaid Saren
    ||Tumblr||YouTube||Instagram||Twitter||

user formerly known as Fayrn

I think it might be a beginner thing. I took mine out over 4 times and the only thing that happened was that one scale on my heels cracked, I have a magenta with fins. You have to be careful i only put it one with a yoga mat beneath me.

There are a few things that make it a little hard like getting you feet in to the mono fin but its the same it would be with any other tail with non detachable body.

I did talk to the girls (I had a zipper problem) and they spoke of making alterations on the second batch that will come out in january like double reinforcement in some locations.

[Quote]i think it might be a beginner thing. I took mine out over 4 times and the only thing that happened was that one scale on my heels cracked, I have a magenta with fins. [EndQuote/]
    -Mermaid Vee

I certainly agree with you. I suppose so many people are excited that they can get a $800 tail that is highly realistic and not crappy and strewn together suddenly. So excited that they just forget for a moment that the scales are kinda delicate. But hey , live and learn right?

[Quote] ...and it looks like it'll be arriving on Friday :wooo: [EndQuote/]
    - Gravity Falls

Oooooo I bet Friday cant get here fast enough! Spam us with pictures please!

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    I just found a fuller video of someone swimming in the Mythic tails:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-TzRztWOkU

The fluke is super cute. I feel the top portion color of the magenta is harsher underwater against the rest of the transitioning colors and stands out little too much but still beautiful colors. The flow of the fluke is gorgeous. I can't wait until someone gets underwater footage of it.

Also sidenote, Saren, are you still getting a full silicone tail from Finfolk? Or did you change tail makers? I'm sorry I don't remember.

Hello! I am new to the MerNetwork, but I found your thread on FinFolk's fabulous Mythic Tails! (I am eagerly awaiting my teal mythic tail--squeeeee)! Anyhoo, I just saw your post about underwater footage of it and I found this video clip of mermaid_bubu on Instagram of her swimming in the ocean (under water) in her mythic tail:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO04qQED...y=mermaid_bubu

The fins move beautifully! Kind of wishing now that I got I got the extra fins!