Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's New Tails!

I'm SO going to get one! These are amazing!! Can't wait to see when people start getting these and can't wait to get my hands on one. Super excited thinking all the mers who will get their dream tail now!! <3 ....So many exclamation marks! CAN YOU TELL I'M EXCITED???

I think it's time to upgrade my tail closet too (sooo who wants to buy my pink tail soon lol)
    Mermaid Riia
    (Merenneito Riia)

Finland's first mermaid entertainer

www.merenneitoriia.fi

user formerly known as Riiarin

Really hope we'll get more information soon So excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Riia View Post
    sooo who wants to buy my pink tail soon lol
    Do you have a pic lol?

OMG I might just buy one of these instead of saving up for a Mernation I'm only partially into.... If they offer different flukes this may end up being a chance for me to get my dream tail before my family trip to Hawaii <3

So much excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look what's just been posted !!!! The tails are absolutely beautiful !
    Here's the link
    https://instagram.com/p/BMrMRGpD_LR/

Wow! Those fins are beautiful! Not sure how I feel about the scales yet, (but I imagine they'd look best wet.)
    It says the body is made of neoprene. Does anyone have any experience in how well that holds up?

The coloring is lovely. What puts me off now is the zipper. I think I'll hold off on pre-orders and wait to see what others think of them. I'm loving the color - it's so rich!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Just because the description didn't get copied over, this was attached to the photo:

Finally! Here's our first up close look at one of the brand new Finfolk Productions Mythic Tails! So many of you have been curious about the design and creation of these tails and we're finally going to let you in on some goodies and facts about them:These tails ARE fully swimmable and designed for swimming, just as full silicone tails are. They have the same style of silicone flukes and monofins currently used in all of Finfolk's products.The bodies are a color matched neoprene base, with wide toothed, water safe, sand and sea salt worthy zippers effectively hidden in the back.Four way stretch, silky soft fabric lines the inside of the body for total comfort whether worn by land or by sea.
    The mermaid scales that adorn the bodies are custom made, fully colored with a metallic sheen, lightweight, durable resin, and are 100% designed by and for Finfolk. They are completely unique and exclusive to our mermaid tails, and based off of our original scale design. They are hand sewn and adhered onto the bodies for complete durability and quality.
    The entire Mythic line will come with the option to add on decorative silicone fins. With this upgrade the tail will receive a dorsal fin, heel fins, and hip fins. All Mythic tails will come with the same fluke, designed very specially for this line.
    The specialized sizing of the tails has been done by averaging out every measurement for every mermaid tail we have ever made. Meaning these tails were created, absolutely and entirely, to fit all shapes and sizes as comfortably and as perfectly as possible.
    The Mythic tails are 100% handmade, sent to you from our studio with love just like all of our full silicone creations. While customization options will not be available, we will be continuously designing and adding new colors and unique flare to the line.
    Presale is scheduled to begin by the end of the weekend! We are very excited to share all of this with you, and will answer all questions and comments through our Instagram and Facebook posts as thoroughly as possible, as well as on the new website which will launch in the next few days. �� A&B
    #mermaid #mermaidtail #finfolk #finfolkproductions

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Resin scales! Wouldn't have guessed that. I'm interested to know how they've made this process quick as it will have to be to make these profitable. Doesn't say if the flukes are detachable, Raina do you know? I'll definitely be ordering one if these work out!
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

I'm really excited at the prospect of resin scales...I've wanted to have a tail with a more plasticky/hard scaled surface, but I know it limits movement. I wanna feel one!

If a different fluke was a possibility, I would definitely have ordered one. Still, it's a beautiful tail

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Summerlilly's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Summerlilly On Twitter
    Still, I am probably gonna need one tbh
    beep boop get some soup

Quote Originally Posted by lynsea View Post
    Resin scales! Wouldn't have guessed that. I'm interested to know how they've made this process quick as it will have to be to make these profitable. Doesn't say if the flukes are detachable, Raina do you know? I'll definitely be ordering one if these work out!
    I dont think so, I think it's still all one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    I'm really excited at the prospect of resin scales...I've wanted to have a tail with a more plasticky/hard scaled surface, but I know it limits movement. I wanna feel one!
    We will have them available for people to check out at Mermania in person

"While customization options will not be available, we will be continuously designing and adding new colors and unique flare to the line."
    This sounds interesting. So basically the process works kind of like buying fabric tails where you have different color choices to pick from but not a lot of customization. To me being able to add or not add fins is a pretty nice option.

I am so excited for Abby and Bryn. These tails seem like a good 'break' project where when they need a break from working on a silicone tail which requires more thought due to all the customization going on, they can then work on one of these mythic tails. When I am working on art I like to move from a newer, harder to think about project to an easier project where I know exactly what to do.

The other day I was asking if Finfolk tails have a metallic sheen, so reading that these tails have that shine definitely struck a cord.

I get cold easily and I have concluded that my favorite places to swim are in springs - which are cold...So a neoprene tail has certainly been on my mind.

Next, the scales being made of resin makes me think the tail might be a lot sturdier for land photos. Also the sturdiness means that if you let a friend put on this tail, you wouldn't have to worry so much about them damaging it.

There are so many pros I can think about... I am about to graduate in December so maybe this could be a graduation present ha *cries*.

Now I really want to see a close up of the scales though...
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Finfolk's New Tails!

I'm going to go ahead and buy one the day they're available! I'll make sure to post a review/YouTube video once I receive the tail!

The only thing I'm a little confused about is if we'll still have to send in measurements, or if there's just going to be different sizes to choose from?

God the suspense is killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity Falls View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and buy one the day they're available! I'll make sure to post a review/YouTube video once I receive the tail!

The only thing I'm a little confused about is if we'll still have to send in measurements, or if there's just going to be different sizes to choose from?

God the suspense is killing me.
    me too!! and I was thinking that same question. But in order to get them out so quickly and I am starting to doubt the size is custom. Cant wait to find out more

The waistline might be elastic with an adjustable clasp to change the size. They did get to work with one of Hannah's tails, and some older photos of one of her sequin tails showed that she had a setup inside the top of the tail kinda like that.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Question answered!
    Plus they've just posted another picture and caption!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMtt4hDD...olkproductions

A new picture of the tail in the water has been posted.

Here's another picture of one of the tails underwater !