Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's New Tails!

oh gosh i just made a new thread i didn't see this!!

Ive bought one! in teal! with the extra fins! I AM SOOOO EXCITEEEEED

Junior Member North Pacific Pod tessie's Avatar
    Add tessie on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyMoon View Post

Ive bought one! in teal! with the extra fins! I AM SOOOO EXCITEEEEED
    I bought one as well!! I have a Sirenalia tail that I love to death, but I couldn't pass this up. The pre-sale savings is totally worth it for me
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

I'm actually crying right now. This is so surreal. Thank you for the size chart btw ! I couldn't find it online either hA

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    No word about the footpocket size yet? They say they use the shooter.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    I asked and this was what I got as a reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    I asked and this was what I got as a reply:
    As someone with hamster feet, this worries me a bit. I've never worked with a shooter before. Any small footed mers out there who have?

Push come to shove, I'd just get multiple pairs of neoprene socks to try and make up for the difference, but I'd prefer not to.
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

See I'm the opposite. I can squeeze into finis M just fine but I prefer the L as I can wear my neoprene booties with it. I'd assume they went with the medium size but it would be nice to know exactly.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    It's nice they had the green one without fins. I think the fins complete the look and the dorsal is perfect for hiding the zipper. I can't wait for that video.

Although I'm really into getting those octopus leggings ^^

They'd be so cute for yoga!

So I saw where they explained to someone that the hip measurement is taken from your hip bone I think I have been measuring myself the wrong way for tails this whole time because my Mom told me to measure myself lower than that for hips. Anyways at least now I know.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Technically speaking your mother is correct. Anyone who does sewing will tell you that your proper 'hip bones' are a lot lower than most people think (around your lap area where they're telling people to measure their 'butt'). The place they are telling you to measure is classified as your 'high hip' at least from a technical point of view and I can assume they've done it that way to avoid confusion from the general public.
    Last edited by Mer-Crazy; 11-13-2016 at 10:28 PM.

Ahh okay thanks Mer-Crazy! So are most tail measurements done this way at the high hip instead of the actual place you are supposed to measure for your hip? How confusing...

For those of you who have ordered one of these Mythic tails I can't wait for your review!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

I suppose it depends on the tail maker. Most of them include a measuring chart with pictures of exactly where abouts to measure so that helps clear things up a bit but like I said unless you have sewing experience it's an easy thing to not know. It's probably easier to just call it the 'hip' and 'butt' haha

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hmm... currently considering the sizes. My hips and waist fit well enough to a size small... but apparently my butt is too small, haha! They say to order a size down if in doubt, but I'm a bit nervous about that. I've never been a size extra small anything!

That said, I really love the teal and pink tails! (Especially eyeing the teal, as I think my mermaid name tends to imply blue.) Not as fond of the others only because the color transitions on them look a lot more abrupt, which isn't my personal preference. However, if you like bright tails, I think they'd be really nice!

I am in the UK so our sizes are a little different to US sizes. I am a UK size 14-16 so I obviously chose the size L.

I'm debating colour! I can't decide between the light pink and the regular pink. If they had a true purple I'd be all over that.

Wow! They're already sold out of size small and large in the teal color!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Summerlilly's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Summerlilly On Twitter
    eeeeek
    beep boop get some soup

Finfolk's New Tails!

I'm so glad I purchased the small in teal while I could. I was debating waiting a couple weeks so I could have some more money but I think this was a great decision :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gravity Falls; 11-14-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Saren's Avatar
    Follow Saren On Twitter
    Follow Saren on Tumblr Visit Saren's Youtube Channel
    I just purchased a teal M. Hoping it'll fit my big feet! But I'm so excited! This is a perfect solution for all my traveling!
    Mermaid Saren
    ||Tumblr||YouTube||Instagram||Twitter||

user formerly known as Fayrn

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lazuli View Post
    Hmm... currently considering the sizes. My hips and waist fit well enough to a size small... but apparently my butt is too small, haha! They say to order a size down if in doubt, but I'm a bit nervous about that. I've never been a size extra small anything!

That said, I really love the teal and pink tails! (Especially eyeing the teal, as I think my mermaid name tends to imply blue.) Not as fond of the others only because the color transitions on them look a lot more abrupt, which isn't my personal preference. However, if you like bright tails, I think they'd be really nice!
    I was worried about that too, I still ordered a size Small though