Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's New Tails!

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Mermaid Hyli posted a video of her swimming in them:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMzBsCZh...by=mermaidhyli

I really like the movement of the fluke and the hip fins!

I'm hoping they post an actual video, similar to their YouTube one of the Individual Scale upgrade, where they go up close and personal with them and into more detail.

I'm curious to know what it sounds like when you clink the scales, since they're made of resin.

I'm totally eyeing the blue icy tail. ;^; I'm canadian so everything is more expensive and our dollar isnt doing so well. I may wait till reviews come in and hopefully be able to order one in the spring! tho a snow shoot near the water would be gorgeous!

I jumped in head first and got the magenta tail, but I echo what Coralia said. Also I wish that the green tail was darker or brighter for the most part because then it would have ben my top pick for sure! The tail i'm waiting on will be orange and blue so i wanted a different color scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnaps View Post
    I'm totally eyeing the blue icy tail. ;^; I'm canadian so everything is more expensive and our dollar isnt doing so well. I may wait till reviews come in and hopefully be able to order one in the spring! tho a snow shoot near the water would be gorgeous!
    I feel you. Curse you exchange rate!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

thanks for posting the video haven't seen it before, i ordered that colour. still happy with that choice as i didn't want something too loud as i have anxiety i don't want to stick out like a sore thumb too much lol and teal is my fave all time colour most of my possessions are either blue/teal

the fins move gorgeously through the water. i like how the dorsal flops around and the hip fins move up and down with the body, the heel fins compliment that fluke so nicely too. the fluke moves just right too not too stiff not too floppy.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Summerlilly's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Summerlilly On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by faithonthebass View Post
    I feel you. Curse you exchange rate!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    No kidding, lol. WHYYYYYYY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME QUEBEC??!!!? But I mean, I can barely afford one anyway.. maybe I'll just ask for money for christmas.. :P
    beep boop get some soup

Oh lord I just about screamed when I saw these! That teal one is almost perfect. And I wonder if the tails can come without the hip fins, or any fins at all. I'm a simple mermaid. xD

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitWing View Post
    Oh lord I just about screamed when I saw these! That teal one is almost perfect. And I wonder if the tails can come without the hip fins, or any fins at all. I'm a simple mermaid. xD
    The fins are an extra $250 which is purchased separately. After the presale they'll be $300.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Saren's Avatar
    Follow Saren On Twitter
    Follow Saren on Tumblr Visit Saren's Youtube Channel
    They only have XS available for the teal now. Bryn emailed me saying I may have been the one who took the last of the mediums. It seems the teal was the most popular because the other colors don't seem to have any sizes that have sold out
    Mermaid Saren
    ||Tumblr||YouTube||Instagram||Twitter||

user formerly known as Fayrn

The teal is now entirely sold out. All the other colors have all sizes avaliable, currently. (As of 1:21am EST)

I'm really liking the way the tail moves in the water. I was worried it would be a bit rigid. I second the mer who mentioned a close up video of the tail like they did when they released the individual scales. That would be wonderful.

I'm about 90% sure I'll be snapping up one of these, come springtime. However, I'm also holding out on Mermaid Kariel's cheaper tails.

So many choices!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

Junior Member North Pacific Pod tessie's Avatar
    Add tessie on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Saren View Post
    They only have XS available for the teal now. Bryn emailed me saying I may have been the one who took the last of the mediums. It seems the teal was the most popular because the other colors don't seem to have any sizes that have sold out
    Talk about lucky! I was debating if I should get a teal or not, but I ultimately couldn't give up on my pink/purple color scheme :P
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

Although they didn't have a red one like I was hoping (since red is my thing) I totally fell in love with their deep pink/magenta tail and I went for it <3 I'm so excited!!!

Now begins the anxious wait for them to start shipping out and arriving....

I am so excited. I am in the UK so the sizing is a little different to US sizes. I am a uk size 14-16 so i opted for size L. I have always had a big bum (over 40") so I am certain I've chosen the right size.

do you guys think i chose the right size ??

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    *All the Canadians collectively sob into our Tim Horton's cups over the exchange rate*

I wonder if they'll be selling the scales separate...
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Highly doubtful, those scales are a big part of why these tails are so cheap.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    *All the Canadians collectively sob into our Tim Horton's cups over the exchange rate*

HAHAHA this is so me right now. *EATS TIMBITS OUT OF SADNESS*

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBrandie View Post
    I wonder if they'll be selling the scales separate...
    As far as I can tell they won't, but they are including some scales with the tail in case a few fall off.