Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's New Tails!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    *All the Canadians collectively sob into our Tim Horton's cups over the exchange rate*

I think all the non-us countries are feeling this right now haha. Can't we all agree that US needs to just lower their dollar value? It's only polite to the rest of the world.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hey mers I just read Finfolk's reply to Saren the Mermaid's question about monofin foot sizes on Finfolk's Instagram:

Hi Saren! The foot pockets will go by size, starting with a 6-8 sized shoe in the XS, 8-10 in the Small, etc. there will be plenty of room for bigger (whaddya call 'em?) feet, as well as room for fin socks!
    So I would fit the body of the XS perfectly for the Mythic tail, but my shoe size is around 9 - 10 which is the monofin size in the Small tail. I know it is better to have a monofin that is too big than too small. I wouldn't want my feet feeling squished.

Before I got my monofin my Grandparents sent me some old regular swim fins that are a size 6 - 7. I would swim with them until my feet hurt from being squeezed so much - or until my feet cramped up. When I finally got my Finis Rapid, which is big enough for my feet, I was amazed at how much more pleasurable it was to swim with a fin that actually fits!

Oh well I knew I wouldn't get one of these tails right away so I have time to see what happens. I think they said they will offer a wider range of sizes eventually. Perhaps along with that they will offer larger foot size options for XS tails...
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    Hey mers I just read Finfolk's reply to Saren the Mermaid's question about monofin foot sizes on Finfolk's Instagram:

So I would fit the body of the XS perfectly for the Mythic tail, but my shoe size is around 9 - 10 which is the monofin size in the Small tail. I know it is better to have a monofin that is too big than too small. I wouldn't want my feet feeling squished.

Before I got my monofin my Grandparents sent me some old regular swim fins that are a size 6 - 7. I would swim with them until my feet hurt from being squeezed so much - or until my feet cramped up. When I finally got my Finis Rapid, which is big enough for my feet, I was amazed at how much more pleasurable it was to swim with a fin that actually fits!

Oh well I knew I wouldn't get one of these tails right away so I have time to see what happens. I think they said they will offer a wider range of sizes eventually. Perhaps along with that they will offer larger foot size options for XS tails...
    I need to get a M, based on the measurements but have a shoe size of about seven. Looks like I'll be making use of socks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    Oh yeah, CAD is the same as AUD compared to USD (and to eachother for that matter)....wooo -_- not
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Posted this on the general Finfolk thread as well but figured it would go here too. Finfolk is having a Black Friday sale and will be releasing and unknown new color of their Mythic line. My guess is purple or orange!
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

I hope purple or orange is right! I'm gonna be upset if they release a red one since I already ordered the magenta to make up for it!

Senior Member Pod of Cali badkidbebe's Avatar
    Ooooo a black tail!!! I actually wanted a black tail but I'm not sure how it would photograph. I went for pink and black instead. Although my tail isn't made yet so I wonder if I asked them their thoughts on a black tail? Hmmmmm <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a black tail, I had the same concern but it looks to have turned out well.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Summerlilly's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Summerlilly On Twitter
    They posted on Instagram about their black Friday sale starting on Thursday at 12 o clock at night, fin sets for the mystic tails only are free, and apparently they're gonna have little surprise-type items showing up to buy.

I MIGHHHHTTTTT need to finally buy a mystic tail cause the temptation is killin me but I don't have the money ughhhhhh. (They're also sold out of the teal one, and I'm not sure what size I would be but I think large (which is the only size of the dark pink tail left) is a little too big but I WANT ONEEE....... ;P
    beep boop get some soup

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)

Finfolk's New Tails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Summerlilly View Post
    They posted on Instagram about their black Friday sale starting on Thursday at 12 o clock at night, fin sets for the mystic tails only are free, and apparently they're gonna have little surprise-type items showing up to buy.

I MIGHHHHTTTTT need to finally buy a mystic tail cause the temptation is killin me but I don't have the money ughhhhhh. (They're also sold out of the teal one, and I'm not sure what size I would be but I think large (which is the only size of the dark pink tail left) is a little too big but I WANT ONEEE....... ;P
    Wait....12 at night in what time zone?!??!

Nevermind....lol...it's EST

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Eeeeepp sale starts sooooooonnnnn!
    beep boop get some soup

It's 12:07 EST and I still don't see anything.....Ahhhhhhhh!!! I want to know the secret items now!!!! (sorry I lost myself there for a moment...lol)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Saren's Avatar
    Follow Saren On Twitter
    Follow Saren on Tumblr Visit Saren's Youtube Channel
    I'm thinking what they meant is midnight friday. Since midnight it's the first hour of the new day, it makes more sense this way
    Mermaid Saren
    ||Tumblr||YouTube||Instagram||Twitter||

user formerly known as Fayrn

Quote Originally Posted by Saren View Post
    I'm thinking what they meant is midnight friday. Since midnight it's the first hour of the new day, it makes more sense this way
    Yes....it does....Thursday at midnight threw me off....

Interesting to see what these holiday 'eggs' are going to be that will be dotted around on the website too

I had a dream of swimming around in my mythic teal tail last night and woke up to an email from Bryn... Coincidence ?!

I bought my mythic tail the minute they came live on the website, Im glad I did because it meant i got the colour and size i wanted (which has proven to be mega popular) and has sold out. Im glad I got in there! Im going to do a unboxing video and upload to youtube as well the minute i get it I will zoom in up close on these individual scales etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    Yes....it does....Thursday at midnight threw me off....

I literally stayed up to see if I could grab anything but nope. Oh well lol.
    beep boop get some soup

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Summerlilly View Post
    I literally stayed up to see if I could grab anything but nope. Oh well lol.
    Me too...lol...

Senior Member Euro Pod Moonchild's Avatar

Follow Moonchild on Tumblr Follow Moonchild on Flickr
    ahhh I just saw these tails a few days ago and I love them!! I think the resin scales look better than the full silicone ones, more realistic! not so sure about the durability though...

Anyways, if I lived in the US I'd get one without a second thought, but the shipping costs+customs duties are really putting me off

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    ahhh I just saw these tails a few days ago and I love them!! I think the resin scales look better than the full silicone ones, more realistic! not so sure about the durability though...

Anyways, if I lived in the US I'd get one without a second thought, but the shipping costs+customs duties are really putting me off
    Agreed. Canadians are sobbing

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I'm sobbing and sobbing but still hopeful lol.

(Mom? Can I borrow some cash...?)
    beep boop get some soup