Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's New Tails!

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
    Awe. <3 Thank you so much. I'm so excited to see the new designs and the reviews on the tails!! I'm hoping some warmer water mers can get some good video of the movement. All that's currently out are teases!

I hope your tail comes in soon, Avya!! I'm sure it will be awesome!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Thank you! Mine will be one of the ones that come in the new year I think. Which I'm okay with. 😊 nowhere to swim now anyways (I'm in Canada)😅
    I don't know how to post it, but mermaid Hyli has a video on Instagram of her swimming in a teal one. The clip is only a few seconds but it swims beautifully! I'll see if I can find it!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I hope the link works!
    She swims so beautifully and the tail looks AMAZING.
    I apologize if this has already been posted on this thread.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BMzBsCZhYXM/

In in the northern part of the States. I feel you. :/ I managed to find it. I feel like I have seen the before. It is gorgeous! The fins flow like a dream!!! <3 Thanks for hunting it up as well!

It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

No problem! Hopefully we get more videos soon!! 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Avya View Post
    No problem! Hopefully we get more videos soon!! 😄

Definitely! And some close ups on the scales. The zipper video showed them off pretty well! I'd like to see them in light, though. I'd also like to see some good shots of the fins. Given the company, I'm sure they won't disappoint!

You'll remind me

I'd imagine the fluke will be the same quality/style as the basic Lorena fluke, just a bit smaller possibly?
    I'm curious of how flexible the scales are! Are they slightly bendy? Are they stiff? Oh the mystery!! 😰

Quote Originally Posted by Avya View Post
    I'd imagine the fluke will be the same quality/style as the basic Lorena fluke, just a bit smaller possibly?
    I'm curious of how flexible the scales are! Are they slightly bendy? Are they stiff? Oh the mystery!! 😰

Sadly, I've not had the pleasure of seeing the lovely Finfolk flukes in person. But I second your curiosity on the scales! They look rigid, almost!

You'll remind me

Oh me neither. I just watch a lot of unboxing videos.... 😂
    Hopefully the scales have a bit of flexibility. I'd be afraid of breaking them everytime I sat down if they were super rigid. We will see. Only time will tell!! ☺

Exclamation

~~~~~MAYBE A SPOILER FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T GOTTEN THEIR TAIL IN YET?!?!~~~~~
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I JUST got my tail in!!!
    It's their magenta mythic tail, and it's so pretty, but good lord I am not used to that weight. Definitely a jump after swimming in nothing but fabric. The scales are surprisingly rigid, and the pre-order at least came with some really neato extra goodies, including some extra scales! Pics will have to come later since I'm getting ready to go to bed. I haven't had a chance to swim in it yet sadly, and since i'm getting my hair re-dyed tomorrow I likely won't be able to until we get to our destination for our family trip this year...

There is one big mystery though:

It came with a mermaid key? It's adorable and beautiful and I LOVE it, but what on Earth is this key for???

I guess the key is just a fun trinket. Maybe you could make it into a necklace.

I can't wait for photos! So is it sparkly or iridescent or?

The extra scales are provided encase if you lose some you will have extras to sew on. Does the thread holding the scales on appear to be nice tough thread?
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Ohhhh my goodness. I'm so excited. I'm not getting mine until the new year so this has definitely renewed my excitement!! I can't wait for pictures ! 😃😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Claudia View Post
    ~~~~~MAYBE A SPOILER FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T GOTTEN THEIR TAIL IN YET?!?!~~~~~
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I JUST got my tail in!!!
    It's their magenta mythic tail, and it's so pretty, but good lord I am not used to that weight. Definitely a jump after swimming in nothing but fabric. The scales are surprisingly rigid, and the pre-order at least came with some really neato extra goodies, including some extra scales! Pics will have to come later since I'm getting ready to go to bed. I haven't had a chance to swim in it yet sadly, and since i'm getting my hair re-dyed tomorrow I likely won't be able to until we get to our destination for our family trip this year...

There is one big mystery though:

It came with a mermaid key? It's adorable and beautiful and I LOVE it, but what on Earth is this key for???
    EEEEEEKK!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! <3

The key is really a mystery! It sounds cute, though. So excited. Congratulations on your new tail, mermaid Claudia!!
    You'll remind me

Talking

~~~Photos of the tail will be on my Facebook page at the link below!~~~

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=ed62e56462

(Mostly because I'm still not sure how to embed them in a post... ^^')

I'm SO excited!!!
    My tail is finally here and I somehow love it even more than I thought I would~
    I've never had a neoprene, let alone partial silicone, tail before. My only other tail is a Finfun.com Rio Red mermaid tail with their pro monofin, and a lone Finis Wave monofin (no tailskin cover).

Goodness where to start....
    Overall it is HEAVY. At least for me. It's roughly 23 pounds from what I can tell, with the fluke being a particularly weighted part.
    The silicone fluke, pectoral fins, heel fins, and dorsal fin(s)/halves all look beautiful. The colors are awesomely blended and they are wonderfully floppy~<3
    The scales are a bit of a mystery for me. They're certainly rigid, and they feel pretty strong! I wouldn't be too worried about snapping one really, but I'm still inclined to be careful on a hard surface with them, particularly when suiting up. There seem 5 colors of scales that are layered down the tail, kind of like sequined tails, that range from an almost peachy-orange-creme color, to a salmon-y color, a hot pink, a rather strong but deep red, and an eggplant purple color. There are ten extra scales included (two of each color) for any emergency repairs. The purple scale is completely opaque, while the other colors are all slightly see-through. The scales definitely shimmer too, which looks super great in person!
    The neoprene backing is black on the inside and a hot pink on the outside, and the threading looks pretty strong to me. It's a thick, plastic-like threading.
    The zipper is a plastic(?) dive zipper, like the ones I've seen on SCUBA diving suits. At the very top of the tail at the waist there is a flap that folds over with a piece of Velcro helping keep it together.

Included with the tail was an order detail sheet, and a full color tail-care/safety information sheet.

I feel like in person this tail looks more like a range of the pink-red-purple spectrum, but in photos appears as more red based tail overall. For me this is awesome, since red is my favorite tail color, but how do you guys feel about that? I think some color correction would help the pink shades show better

~~~PRE-ORDER GOODIES!!!~~~

The pre-order sale included some extra goodies with the tail~<3
    There were two medium-sized Finfolk Productions logo stickers included, along with two little button-pins with the logo in a bright pink color and a blue-green color.

I'm not sure if this is pre-order exclusive or not, but also included was a mermaid key and a pretty illustration, with an explanation on the back that you now have a key to the mermaid city of Atlantis!
    They include a website that will be accessible in the future, and that new adventures will be available in 2017, saying to be sure to bring your mermaid key. What do you guys think it's for???

Let me know if there are any other things you'd like to know about the tail, and I'll do my best to find out!

I'm SO excited!!!
    I've never had a neoprene, let alone partial silicone, tail before. My only other tail is a Finfun.com Rio Red mermaid tail with their pro monofin, and a lone Finis Wave monofin (no tailskin cover).

Overall it is HEAVY. At least for me. It's roughly 23 pounds from what I can tell, with the fluke being a particularly weighted part.
    The silicone fluke, pectoral fins, heel fins, and dorsal fin(s)/halves all look beautiful. The colors are awesomely blended and they are wonderfully floppy~<3
    The scales are a bit of a mystery for me. They're certainly rigid, and they feel pretty strong! I wouldn't be too worried about snapping one really, but I'm still inclined to be careful on a hard surface with them, particularly when suiting up. There seem 5 colors of scales that are layered down the tail, kind of like sequined tails, that range from an almost peachy-orange-creme color, to a salmon-y color, a hot pink, a rather strong but deep red, and an eggplant purple color. There are ten extra scales included (two of each color) for any emergency repairs. The purple scale is completely opaque, while the other colors are all slightly see-through. The scales definitely shimmer too, which looks super great in person!
    The neoprene backing is black on the inside and a hot pink on the outside, and the threading looks pretty strong to me. It's a thick, plastic-like threading.
    The zipper is a plastic(?) dive zipper, like the ones I've seen on SCUBA diving suits. At the very top of the tail at the waist there is a flap that folds over with a piece of Velcro helping keep it together.

Included with the tail was an order detail sheet, and a full color tail-care/safety information sheet.

I feel like in person this tail looks more like a range of the pink-red-purple spectrum, but in photos appears as more red based tail overall. For me this is awesome, since red is my favorite tail color, but how do you guys feel about that? I think some color correction would help the pink shades show better

There were two medium-sized Finfolk Productions logo stickers included, along with two little button-pins with the logo in a bright pink color and a blue-green color.

I'm not sure if this is pre-order exclusive or not, but also included was a mermaid key and a pretty illustration, with an explanation on the back that you now have a key to the mermaid city of Atlantis!
    They include a website that will be accessible in the future, and that new adventures will be available in 2017, saying to be sure to bring your mermaid key. What do you guys think it's for???

Let me know if there are any other things you'd like to know about the tail, and I'll do my best to find out!
    SO MUCH EXCITEMENT.

You'll remind me

Thank you so much for sharing photos of your tail! I do like the way the scales shine and that mermaid key is super cool it looks like they made those themselves.

Now I want a Mythic tail even more lol. I can't wait for your review after swimming in it!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of Cali badkidbebe's Avatar
    Living vicariously through everyone posting about their new Mythic tails!!!!!!!! Ahhh so happy for everyone who ordered one!!!! More pics more pics!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Love those pictures and thanks including the link :P

Not sure if it's for just Finfolk Mythic mermaids or everyone but we'll wait to see in the new year what that new link entails.

It's interesting they tell you not to kneel in it. It's much safer to kneel in silicone since it just flexes to your body, resin wouldn't since it's more rigid.

How does the monofin feel in the fluke, if you don't mind me asking? I noticed there are two "sharp edges" towards the inward center.

Thank you so much for including the photos! <3

looks awesome. the colour suits you too. i am in the UK so I'm sure I'm in for a long shipping time... i cannot wait... the girls said mine well be shipped after christmas now so i think ill be getting my tail well into january.... no big i guess...good things come to those who wait and all that... i ordered the teal colour.

I'm SO excited!!!

yeah!! glad you got your tail!! It is hard to tell from your photos, but do you feel the colors are the same as they look on the Finfolk site? On there page they are so vivid and bright

Congrats on your tail and thanks for posting the pictures. You and the tail look great.