Thread: Hello, from a soon-to-be landlocked mermaid!

Hello, from a soon-to-be landlocked mermaid!

Hello, my "real" name is Bridget!

I live in northern Indiana, but attend college in Ohio. Although I'm probably transferring to Nebraska very soon, which is farther from the Great Lakes than I have ever been (and I admit that makes me pretty sad!)

Although I have lots of experience with and love for the water - I grew up on the shores of Michigan, swim competitively, and work as a lifeguard/swim coach - I am very, very new to the world of mermaiding. But I have always loved mermaids and I have wanted a tail since I was probably 6. Well, now I'm 19 and I own my first fabric tail! I'm very excited about it! I hope to save up for a Sirenalia silicone someday.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

- Lazuli

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lazuli View Post
    Hello, my "real" name is Bridget!

I live in northern Indiana, but attend college in Ohio. Although I'm probably transferring to Nebraska very soon, which is farther from the Great Lakes than I have ever been (and I admit that makes me pretty sad!)

Although I have lots of experience with and love for the water - I grew up on the shores of Michigan, swim competitively, and work as a lifeguard/swim coach - I am very, very new to the world of mermaiding. But I have always loved mermaids and I have wanted a tail since I was probably 6. Well, now I'm 19 and I own my first fabric tail! I'm very excited about it! I hope to save up for a Sirenalia silicone someday.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

- Lazuli
    Where are you in Ohio? I'm in Mansfield (between Cleveland and Columbus)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

University Heights, right by Cleveland.

Welcome! I really like your mermaid name! It's awesome that you swim competitively.

Aw, thank you!! <3

I really like your tail, by the way. The fluke shape is quite unique and the color is really nice! I feel like red stands out

Thanks!! I also like the red color, it's my favorite mermaid color! The tail is from Mermaid Kat Shop btw.

If I ever order a silicone tail the color will also be deep red!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lazuli View Post
    University Heights, right by Cleveland.
    I know where that is! I went to Case for undergrad, and my parents live in Parma. I moved to Maryland to go to grad school though.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Oh, cool! I have some friends from Case and my mother attended college there.

Are there any Mers in Ohio!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...9&share_type=t

Here's a link for some ohio mers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'll check it out!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Pod of The South
    Landlocked. I've never heard that term before, but it sounds appropriate for the desire to swim but nowhere to do so.