Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you attend a mermaid con in East coast Canada??

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Would you attend a mermaid con in East coast Canada??

So in all the work I have been doing for Mermania, I can't help but think how nice it would be to host a convention locally where I live. I know all the resources in and out, and with my company being so well known I know I could get sponsorship. The thing I don't know, is if people would actually be willing to truck it to Canada!

Now where I am in NS is not that far from the US border. We're close to Maine.

It's a short drive or short flight for most folks on East Coast .

Obviously, I am not committing to anything at all, more playing with the idea in my head. Sort of a pipe dream that if there was enough interest I'd do it somewhere down the line.

but when it comes to actually crossing borders into another country, I am not sure how Americans feel about that? I mean, your dollar is worth more so everything will be a lot cheaper hahaha.

I see a lot of international folks come to mermania, merfest, and other groups.

So I am just sort of wondering

We have great pools, and really cool festivals that could be incorporated into the convention (such as the pirate festival), we have a Titanic museum and the Titanic grave yards, and in the summer it's pretty much as warm here as it is in the states that are close to us.

Just thinking out loud
    Last edited by AniaR; 11-11-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Yes I would totally come to that! I've always wanted to do a trip to Canada. This seems like a fantastic opportunity!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Sure, but I don't know if Trump would let me back in.
    H.P. Lovecraft “You fool, Warren is DEAD!”

Hard to say...I am in the middle of the US, and so even going to the east coast is a bit far and costly.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Summerlilly's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Summerlilly On Twitter
    Hey! I'm only about 14 hours away! My entire family goes to New Brunswick every summer as well, so let us know when you want to do this! (If you're going to) It's funny I was going to go meet you last year, but we couldn't get to Nova Scotia in time, so this would be awesome!!!
    beep boop get some soup

Unfortunately, no. Costwise, even Miami would pushing it for me.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

It's essentially the same thing for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Chatfish View Post
    Hard to say...I am in the middle of the US, and so even going to the east coast is a bit far and costly.

~Alinda the Reef Fish, aka Astronomical Mermaid~

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    You came to NC. I would go to Canada. Fair is fair!
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Yessss pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!

For suresies! Both my mother and I have always wanted to visit Halifax. And it's a fun drive from upstate NY
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

As long as it's summer, yes

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

It would be something for me to consider. However, for us in Western Canada, its costs more for 2 people to fly across the country then to stay at a all inclusive resort anywhere in Mexico for 7 nights including flights. Its a great idea for us Canadians.

^^ I know right? Same thing for me if I wanna go anywhere western in the US or Canada!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Merman Lir's Avatar
    I would go if the time of year were right and I had the money. I've never been to the great white north!
    Formerly known as Chris Edwards

Yes I would if the water is warm and it's summer not in January!

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    I'm on the Southernmost part of the West Coast of the US, so it'd be one hell of a trip. It would honestly just depend on what's happening during that time and whether or not I could afford to go, money- and time-wise.

I'd love to visit Canada and see all the green though

At the moment, between Mermania (2018 whoo!) and Kelpstock (2017 hopefully), it'd definitely have to be a future future thing.

Also I've never been out of country x)

Would love to visit you but alas the summer time is when I make all my $$ performing weekends with the band and now adding mermaiding to that will be even more busy. In the Hamptons we only get 3 months out of the year to hustle. Winter is totally dead here which makes Mermania in Jan accessible. I'm guessing up north you guys are on a similar schedule tho.
    Lauren Chu ~ Mermaid Soluna
    HamptonsMermaid.com @HamptonsMermaid
    Miss Mermaid USA 2016/17, Miss Mermaid International 2016/17 2nd Runner Up

If I had enough money for the trip, I would go! It sounds fun! Plus, I've always wanted to go to Canada so.
    Mermaid Mikayla

For sure !!!! As long as I have the money or enough time in advance to save money and let my bosses know !!!!! I’d really love to meet other mers in person. And Id really love to meet you Raina your such an inspiration !!!!!

The titanic museum would would be a must see for me !!!! Plus I’d like to see Canada. The only boarder town I crossed into there was literally nothing to see or do. Not even a souviner shop !!!!

i live in Texas so it would be fun to see somewhere new !!!!