Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Magictail Monofins!

Quote Originally Posted by faithonthebass View Post
    Lovely! The orange will go nicely, especially since the magic tail skins are very shear

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    The skins can be sheer and can show off a dark colored bikini once in the water. I wear mine with shiny silver leggings underneath ($10 online) which are opaque and reflective so they covers my bikini (Brazilian to prevent panty lines) and also keeps me extra warm and makes it a breeze to slide the tail on an off. Also have to use grey socks with the Mahina, as dark or white ones will show through.
    Lauren Chu ~ Mermaid Soluna
    HamptonsMermaid.com @HamptonsMermaid
    Miss Mermaid USA 2016/17, Miss Mermaid International 2016/17 2nd Runner Up

Quote Originally Posted by HamptonsMermaid View Post
    Hi everyone! Just noticed this thread as I haven't been very active here in awhile. I'm in the video in the original post! As Miss Mermaid USA I got to test drive the first round of Magictail Pros at Miss Mermaid International in Egypt! They're awesome! The large fluke looks so realistic in the underwater pictures. There's a ton of new colors. It's much more powerful than a regular fabric tail. Easy to swim in. And the foot pocket is a one-size fits all design with adjustable Velcro straps. Even our Miss Mermaid Mertender, "Hightower," who is the official tallest man in Germany was able to wear one! The large fluke especially looks good on large/tall mers since tiny fabric tails are pretty disproportionate on adults.

After Miss Mermaid Kristen gifted some of us the tails and they fit easily in our standard suitcases for international travel (you just wrap the edges around your clothes and they pop right back when you take it out). Mine fits my Mahina as well. Though the monofin it comes with is much lighter than the Mahina and thus easier to travel/fly with.

I just returned from Mermania where had a vendors booth. I imported over 30 Magictails (I think I'm the first in the US to import!) I sold several at the event and I have more in stock here with me in NY.

You can use my coupon code MISSMERMAIDUSA17 for 20% off at Magictail.net!

Let me know if you have any questions!
    Thank you! I unfortunately saw your Instagram post after I ordered my magic tail tail-skin last week, but I will remember for next time! :-)

Hey all, so I went ahead and purchased one of the pro tails including the new monofin earlier this year and when I got it I found my feet were extremely loose inside the monofin, and the Velcro straps they include didn't seem to do up tight enough to make any difference.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am worried about swimming in it now becsuse I know with my old FinFun cover when it started to get too loose and my feet started loosing contact with the monofin it became much more difficult to swim properly as I would loose power on every stroke.

I mentioned it to magictail and asked if maybe they have a different size cover for larger feet as I felt like the velcros are not fully closing because my feet might be too big, but they replied they only offer the one adult size monofin cover (which I thought was wierd because on the website it mentions 2 different feet sizes that the fin supports for medium and for large.

I don't believe I have particularly large feet given the foot measurements that the fin is supposed to support (I'm approx US men's size 7/Women's size 9) and my feet fit ok into the foot pockets just the Velcros don't close right up on mine like they do in the video. In the email back to me they said I just have to close up the Velcro really tight, which I did and it doesn't help.

At the moment I am still waiting for them to send my skin and monofin cover back to me because I had to exchange the skin for a size large (again I went off thier online size charts which suggested I was a medium, then when I got it it had a TINY waist I only just squeezed into and all the scales were overstretched they looked massive!) so I haven't been able to try it again since, but has this happened to anyone else and if so did you find a solution to it? I just feel like it's a problem with the size of the monofin, because there is so much distance side to side it makes the cover too loose in the middle, where the fin Fun cover works better because the fin is smaller and that means the cover can be tighter.

I know as a worst case scenario I can just use a Mahina fin inside the Magictail pro skin instead, but I paid alot of money to get the Magictail monofin as well and am disappointed it isn't designed better to hold your feet in!

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar

Quote Originally Posted by meerine View Post
    Also, has anyone heard of Mermaid.inc? They actually do fabric tails to fit over Mahina Merfins in their Seasiren mermaid tail line; their Bespoke mermaid tail-skins are actually customizable. I emailed them awhile back and they said their tail-skins have a zipper to insert the Merfin (they didn't specify whether or not it was waterproof) and that the tail-skin fabric was a 4-way stretch neoprene. They are a company based out of Indonesia and quite expensive (even if you purchase it without the monofin), but they look pretty awesome. The only thing I find a bit "iffy" is that they don't credit the Mahina Merfin as their monofin in their mermaid tail descriptions--they confirmed they use the Mahina Merfin in their email. Anyhoo, I was wondering if anyone out there has purchased one, and if so, what they think of it (I am unsure if there is a thread already started on Mermaid.Inc)...

Here are the links to their SeaSiren and Bespoke tails:

https://hellomermaidinc.com/collecti...maid-tail-skin

https://hellomermaidinc.com/collecti...maid-tail-skin
    Those SeaSiren skins look amazing, the problem I have with them is the only pictures I have been able to find of them is those computer generated images, not any pics of real actual tails which makes me wonder if they are are a real company making real tail skins or not. Also what makes me suspicious is the seasiren tails are still listed as "Pre-order", months after they were put up.

So if anyone has any actual photos or actually now owns one of these Mermaid.net tails I'd love to see, but I'm very reluctant to purchase from this company otherwise.

Member formerly known as leomar

Quote Originally Posted by meerine View Post
    My Magic Tail H2O tail skin arrived today, and it fits my merfin very well! Yay!!!

Attachment 40070
    Thats so cool. What size is your Merfin? I have one too and I wanted to buy the Pro Skin of Magictails too but the Merfins distinguish from each other in the size of the whole fin regarding to the shoesize. (I hope this sentence was correct )

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Andrew View Post
    Those SeaSiren skins look amazing, the problem I have with them is the only pictures I have been able to find of them is those computer generated images, not any pics of real actual tails which makes me wonder if they are are a real company making real tail skins or not. Also what makes me suspicious is the seasiren tails are still listed as "Pre-order", months after they were put up.

So if anyone has any actual photos or actually now owns one of these Mermaid.net tails I'd love to see, but I'm very reluctant to purchase from this company otherwise.

They have them up on their instagram! https://www.instagram.com/mermaid.inc/?hl=en
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

https://youtu.be/-PfcaGSrrIo at long last I got one of these! Check out my swim video to see how the mahina works!

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

And Voila! I reviewed the monofin and tailskin as well as mention the Mahina compatability. Magictail said that my little sketch about their conversation with Mahina "felt exactly like it was in real life"
    https://youtu.be/PQU3jMSrNCU

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube