Thread: So I'm going to Hawaii...

Question So I'm going to Hawaii...

(Just as a starting thought, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. Let me know where this might need to go and I'll work on getting it fixed!)

So... I'm going to Hawaii with my family this December for New Years (Which im so incredibly thankful for) and we're hoping to snap some underwater pics!!!
    I was wondering if anyone would mind suggesting some places to go swimming and shooting? Or even some things to just go see as a family, or places to snorkel? I'd really appreciate it!

Additionally, has anyone here taken photos underwater there before? I haven't really tried opening my eyes in ocean water before, the closest I've gotten is a salt water pool... Is it any easier on the eyes due to the clarity of the water, or is it about the same? Will I just have to push through it? No promises, but there's a chance my stepfather and I will use these shoots to take pictures for a new children's storybook (he's already written somewhere between 5-6 I believe). No matter what, I'm hoping to see and do lots of things, and that my family will have a great time <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Claudia View Post
    (Just as a starting thought, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. Let me know where this might need to go and I'll work on getting it fixed!)

So... I'm going to Hawaii with my family this December for New Years (Which im so incredibly thankful for) and we're hoping to snap some underwater pics!!!
    I was wondering if anyone would mind suggesting some places to go swimming and shooting? Or even some things to just go see as a family, or places to snorkel? I'd really appreciate it!

Additionally, has anyone here taken photos underwater there before? I haven't really tried opening my eyes in ocean water before, the closest I've gotten is a salt water pool... Is it any easier on the eyes due to the clarity of the water, or is it about the same? Will I just have to push through it? No promises, but there's a chance my stepfather and I will use these shoots to take pictures for a new children's storybook (he's already written somewhere between 5-6 I believe). No matter what, I'm hoping to see and do lots of things, and that my family will have a great time <3
    There's a lot of mers here in Hawaii! Do you know which island you will be visiting?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

We'll be on the big island in Kona

Oh my god, awesome! Do you have any pics you would like to show us?

Also, is that a mythic tail in your profile picture? It looks mermazing!