Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite California beaches?

Favorite California beaches?

So I need to have more dumb adventures in my home state, and I'm curious what everyone's favorite beaches are in our lovely state xD

I went to Newport beach recently and I love it there! But I also really like La Jolla, it has nice tidepools and I'm all about that. And I'm nostalgic for Imperial Beach since I lived there for a few years.

I'm on mobile!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Ventura harbor cove beach is not much of a beach, but its behind a breakwater. The waves are very small, making it easy to get into the water while wearing your tail.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Point Loma has really good tidepools. La Jolla is also good for snorkeling. Catalina is fun if you ever wanna go more North. Pacific Beach and Ocean Beach are good for surfing. As is Blacks Beach, though it is a nude beach so caution there.

Oooo nice! Definitely gonna be taking more day trips soon XD

My favorites are Laguna and Sunset Cliffs in San Diego.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    La Jolla is a blast, but if I'm honest, my favorite California Beaches are the plain ol' Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan beaches. Like sure they're dirty and crowded, but they're my childhood!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    Growing up coastal I wish I could say I have swam at more of our beaches, but I am pretty limited to the beaches in the Ventura/Carpinteria regions of the state. That being said, I am also rather fond of Mom's beach. I grew up at that beach and the harbor village accross the street is a quaint little spot to grab a bite to eat after a nice swim.

I would love to make it down south a bit more to one of the larger pod meets though and swim in some of the slightly warmer at nicer beaches.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Senior Member Pod of Cali Delphinus's Avatar
    Follow Delphinus On Twitter Add Delphinus on Facebook
    Visit Delphinus's Youtube Channel
    Laguna, and Corona Del Mar (because that was my usual growing up). I recently visited White Point, which looks nice, and I'll probably actually hit the water for scuba soon. Near-shore hot vents apparently make it nice!
    "Nella fantasia io vedo un mondo giusto, lìtutti vivono in pace e in onestà."

Junior Member Pod of Cali
    You can't swim at most of them, but I've always been a sucker for the northern beaches round Humboldt and Mendocino- I find them very picturesque and the tidepools are always bustling with life!

Junior Member Pod of Cali Floriston's Avatar

Follow Floriston on Tumblr
    I love going to Poplar Beach in Halfmoon Bay and different places in Santa Cruz!
    i wanna be where the people are

Although parking is expensive as all heck, the Torrey Pines hiking trail leads to a relatively secluded beach that's really nice! It's surrounded by cliffside and the sand is pretty fine. There were times when my husband and friends and I had the whole beach to ourselves!

If you like tidepools, Leo Carrillo is always my favorite. It is about ten minutes away from Zuma in Malibu, and has a lovely stretch of rocks and all types of sea life. There's cliffs and large boulders to play around on as well. I would love a meetup there! There's usually quite a few kids near the tidepools, but to the right of that people are sparse. I think it's perfect
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

I just looked up Leo Carillo, it looks beautiful! The campsite looks like fun too :P

I actually made my name Kalani at that campsite! My best friend at the time and I were dreaming of being professional mermaids and stayed up in our tent planning everything out We were toying around with names and it just stuck!

Off track, but little did I know that Kalani translates into the heavens or sky in Hawaiian.
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Quote Originally Posted by Calizaire View Post
    My favorites are Laguna and Sunset Cliffs in San Diego.
    How's the water at sunset cliffs? I heard it's super rough, I'd like to swim there in my tail but because of the rocks I'm worried it could get damaged.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Ive never HEARD of sunset cliffs but I'm down to go! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    Ive never HEARD of sunset cliffs but I'm down to go! lol
    Right now it's f-ing freezing lol. A few people I know went last weekend to snorkel. If you wanna go June-August is the best time from what I've heard.

Name:  hdbeachL.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  59.8 KB
    I just recently went to Heart's Desire beach up north of San Francisco and I LOVED IT! It's usually fairly quiet, though rarely empty, and it's a beautiful spot for photos. The waters are also so perfect for swimming in. They're really calm, fairly shallow, and warm for a California beach. It is a bit of a trek to get there, but any mermaids up near the Bay Area or NorCal should go to Heart's Desire because it's amazing

Junior Member Pod of Cali

Follow Mermaid_Calla on Tumblr
    Thank you for posting that Amy! I'm in Brentwood so that's right around me, but I'd never even heard of it before. I'm adding it to my list lol

Sunset Beach has free parking, but many waves - but there is Huntington Harbor right across the street, and you can swim in your tails there! It's nice, there are a few parks off the harbor, clean bathrooms in a nice neighborhood.