Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Primarina Tail (Pokemon)

That looks awesome! How will you be attaching them to the tail?

Sent from my Shellphone using Tapatalk for Android
    Currently deciding on a color/design and saving up for my first tail!

Quote Originally Posted by MeliPixie View Post
    That looks awesome! How will you be attaching them to the tail?

thanks! I will be cutting slits into the tail and sewing them in. Might have to be by hand. i already have the placement marked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updates: i tested sewing theough the silicone and while my machine actually did it with ease the stitches pulled out and ripped the silicone. So thats a bother. Im testing a sample right now to see if i can just simply use more silicone to adhere the spikes to the fabric. Fingers crossed.

In other news i went through my supply closet and turns out i already had enough pearls and starfish decorations to make my accessories. The starfish got treated to the same paint-glitter-silicone process as the spikes. Here is how everything is coming along...
    Headband awaiting starfish:

Said starfish:

And pearl hair-ties

If adhering them with more silicone doesn't work, do you have more materials? May I suggest: leaving an extra inch of fabric at the side that attaches to the tail without silicone or glitter. Then you can put the fabric through the slit and sew it up like a seam.

If adhering them with more silicone doesn't work, do you have more materials? May I suggest: leaving an extra inch of fabric at the side that attaches to the tail without silicone or glitter. Then you can put the fabric through the slit and sew it up like a seam.

Yeah i have plenty. I figure after i try everything else i will sew the fabric for the spikes in FIRST and them protect the tail with plastic wrap and do the process again. Probably going to be doing that...
    I am visiting family for the next week though so there will be no updates.

The spikes are attached!

Once i trimmed the silicone i was able to sew them in and they stayed put. Turns out during my testing i was catching ONLY silicone and not the center layer of fabric.
    Here is how it looks on the inside... strait stitch to hold, zigzags to reinforce.

I have the fabric for the top cut and i started assembly. The lining for the inside is also cut and pinned.
    Today i will be working on my partners cosplays but by the end of tomorrow Primarina should be done!

Ah! It looks so great! Good idea reinforcing the stitching on the spikes I'm so excited to see it done!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    It looks awesome!! I can't wait to see the final tail!!

A Primarina Tail (Pokemon)

Yesterday my friend kate came over and did my makeup for primarina! She will also be my makeup artist at con, we have a few adjustments to make but overall i LOVE the look.

We went for SUPER dramatic eyes (even glueing and covering my eyebrows) and soft lips with LOTS of sparkle EVERYWHERE.

Today i finished assembling the costume, I had some complications but now its all in one piece and fits (yay).

I already brushed, braided, and packed my wig. And now the costume is folded carefully and in my bag. Im actually done with Primarina!

I am very excited to put the whole look together at the con (on FRIDAY OMG) and will be sure to post more pictures here

*squee bubbles* OMG you did it! It looks so good, I'm dying to see it all put together!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    That is amazing.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

I just realized i didnt post ANY pictures from wearing this to SakuraCon *facepalm* well what better time to do it than the first mer-monday of mer-may (lol)

Ah you look mer-mazing! You did a great job!

Ah you look mer-mazing! You did a great job!

Why thank you

I'm so happy to see this thing in action it looks great.

What an amazing cosplay!! Also, I love your Popplio plush.

Just finished altering my top to make it a bit more covering and will be taking Primarina to a cosplay meet-up tomorrow. I really need to find a time to take this swimming but thats gonna be harder now that its past summer...

Also you can spy my roommates cat, pip, hanging out with me.

I love all of the shimmy ruffles. Also Pip is an adorable name.

Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar
    OMG, the outfit is awesome! I loved Primarina, not just because I thought Popplio was adorable, but because it became a beautiful mermaid, (even though I'm more of a Popplio now, awkward teen who is a mer, and hasn't told anyone he wants a tail or anything). I also really appreciated its music inspired moves, like Sparkling Aria, as a singer myself, who does theater and stuff. I'm a total Pokémon nerd. One of my favorite Pokémon youtubers, Trickywi, who does awesome Pokémon inspired music. I'll leave links to the two she did on Popplio and Primarina.

The one about Popplio, "In Your Spotlight," is about all the hate Popplio was getting, and a sad song, but it was beautiful and made my heart melt:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8sJjhYmINs

The one about Primarina "Don't Fear The Rain," is about Primarina coming out of its shell, and singing beautifully. Can totally say that these two are like my theme songs, this one is so beautiful:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kh5JgctSo8

Junior Member North Pacific Pod
    Add Namielle on Facebook
    Just saw this thread and OMG! You look absolutely adorable and perfect! I wish I could have made it to Sakura Con this year to see this in person. I bet pictures can't do it justice.