Thread: Anyone in SoCal want to hang out Saturday, March 3rd?

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

Anyone in SoCal want to hang out Saturday, March 3rd?

I'm going to be in Socal on at the beginning of March, and I have all of Saturday off! Anyone want to hang out? So far Anita and Green52 are in.

I was thinking of finding a pool somewhere to go swimming, or I might go to the aquarium, or scuba diving. Let me know if you're interested in hanging out.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Sirenade's Avatar
    Depending on which part of So Cal, I may be up for it

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirenade View Post
    Depending on which part of So Cal, I may be up for it
    I'm going to be in Los Angeles. I said SoCal cause theres a small chance I'd go to San Diego if that was where everyone wanted to hang out.

How about a pool party at my mom's house? Or if someone else has a big pool?

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Obviously, I'm gonna be there.

I really want to come! A pool party would be AMAZING! It depends on what time everything is going on though. My sleep schedule is completely backwards at this point.. we're talking getting up at noon is cutting 3 hours off of my sleep :/

OK! Here's the plan people! The meet up will now be held at a private residence in Alpine in San Diego county (PM for address and directions and my #). Meet up will start at 2pm. There is a heated pool (that is also lit at night), a hot tub, locker rooms with a shower if you need to a post swim rinse. Planning on going to out to dinner down the street at a Chinese/Japanese restaurant- that has great sushi by the way, and also vegetarian options. Hang out after and generally goof off and have fun!

I am about 90% sure that I will come down on Saturday for the meet up... I haven't met any of you awesome mers yet! Anyone carpooling from LA/Hollywood/Burbank/Griffith Park area? I can drive myself down, but I'd prefer to hitch a ride and donate gas money rather than use my mileage on my lease car. :P

PM Me for my phone number.

Woohoo! I missed out on the WMA/Mer-Con last year and haven't been able to really connect with any group of mers since a photoshoot over a year ago! I won't have a tail to bring down (currently under construction), but can at least swim in my monofin. I am also totally cool with meeting up with people prior to Iona's in the afternoon.

Here's how things are looking so far: I will drive down from LA to Anita's place in OC, then hitch a ride with her the rest of the way to Iona's. If anybody in LA area needs a ride down from LA area, I could possibly pick them up and take them to OC, where we could further carpool the rest of the way! Use PMs for details.

Siren, let us know when you upload the photos! I can't wait to see them. Also, let me know if you need any help trimming the video. I seriously can't thank you enough for bringing the camera.

Yes, thank you SO SO MUCH for bringing the camera!! I need to get me one of those babies. That was the best under water camera I've seen!

Here's some photos I posted: Public Link

Here are a few pics from the bunch:

Attached Images Attached Images  

I am slowly uploading videos and trying to figure out the best way to get them to you guys. I will probably upload them to my hotmail SkyDrive, then share the link with each of you (Iona, Freckled Kisses, Malinghi, Green52) and we can figure out what to do with them from there. The videos are showing up on my computer, but my computer has been having issues the past 2 weeks with crashing and programs being wiggy. I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for an amazing day with amazing people!

Can't wait.

Looking over these pictures again, I'm still impressed with the camera. For a point and shoot, especially, the quality is really good.

The Camera is a Pentax W90 and it is an all around outdoor adventure camera. It has "shockproof casing" so I can drop it 5-10 feet and not worry about it. Plus it is waterproof to 20 feet and resistant to cold (I've taken it snowboarding several times). It is pretty small too so I can shove it in my pocket. It has good image quality and several "modes" that adjust to different conditions. I think it is 12 megapixel too

I want to get a good underwater camera with housing for when I go SCUBA diving, but need to save up for it!

Do we have a way to share photos/videos yet? Again, I'd be glad to help out.

Also, Siren, I met someone at a party that is in your same field and works downtown. I assume its a pretty big field, but I wondered if you knew her. I'm just going to go ahead and assume you don't though.