Thread: Will Raven take Commissions again

Question Will Raven take Commissions again

Apologies if this question has already been asked, however, since Raven's announcement on her Facebook page regarding taking a break from personal commissions, I've quietly wondered not so much regarding the time frame as to when Merbella Studios will take commissions again however if Raven ever will.

I'm not able to purchase a mermaid set from Merbella's until later into 2017 anyway, I'm not in a hurry by all means, however, my heart has been set on Raven's designs for more than a year now and particularly the nude design around the waist, it can't be replicated by any other tail maker, and her jewellery I think the icons speak loudly within itself.

This question particularly goes out to you Raina as you are close friends with Raven, besides Raven no longer taking mermaid commissions, is Raven and Tyler okay in their personal lives since the passing of their family (I think friends have passed away also), have they received support during this difficult time?

Sending lots of prayers and well wishes to them both.

Thank you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    As far as I'm aware, she has no intention nor need to take on any more new clients. That being said I have seen a number of people post on the forum that they got an order in (with no history with Merbellas that I can see) after said announcement. So I wouldn't say all hope is lost, but that it will be more difficult now (and it wasn't exactly easy in the first place) and to not expect too much

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I dont know if she'll ever do it in the way she used to. I think she had a queue of people lined up that she agreed to still take on when she announced she wasnt going to take any more custom orders. She has been incredibly busy trying to get the tails done for people who have been waiting a long time. I haven't talked with her since I think maybe 2 or 3 weeks? I'll let ya know! haha she's just busy

Thanks Raina much appreciated
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

PS - Raina or to previous Merbella customers. I communicated with Tyler approx a year ago and I received a reply a day later I explained at the time that a loan that I was applying for fell through. I only received that one message from Tyler. I've been reading that some mer's go a year without any communication from Tyler. My query is would I be on the waiting list or not as Tyler did not state that in his email message.

I sent Tyler my sketch for my tail also at the time.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I dont know if she'll ever do it in the way she used to. I think she had a queue of people lined up that she agreed to still take on when she announced she wasnt going to take any more custom orders. She has been incredibly busy trying to get the tails done for people who have been waiting a long time. I haven't talked with her since I think maybe 2 or 3 weeks? I'll let ya know! haha she's just busy
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    You will almost certainly not be on any form of waiting list. Basically they don't have a 'waiting to order' waiting list, in the past one would message them at just the right time with a 'I am ready to order and have funds available' email as they have enough clients to not bother waiting on those who aren't ready to pay in full and that lucky person would receive a reply saying something along the lines of 'hey thanks for contacting us, we're happy to take your money and make you a mermaid tail'. Basically until you have the money in your account ready to send to them there is no point emailing them.

I've also been wondering/worrying about this for months. I know it hasn't even been a year that she's taken off, and obviously she can/should prioritize her health & well being first, but it feels pretty disheartening to finally save up money and then not be able to buy one (for the record: i wouldn't ever want her to know that lol. These are my troubles, not hers).
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    what mer-crazy said.

I used the term waiting list loosely. it was people ready to order right when she took a break so she committed to a few of them.

Thanks Raina and everyone.

Riana, its wonderful to know that someone is there for Raven

I'll try again sometime in the future to be on the waiting list with Raven

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    what mer-crazy said.

I used the term waiting list loosely. it was people ready to order right when she took a break so she committed to a few of them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~