Thread: Siren's Lament (Mermaid Webtoon)

Senior Member Pod of Cali

Siren's Lament (Mermaid Webtoon)

So I thought I'd share this beautiful webtoon/comic. It's about mermaids, more specifically sirens.

The official synopsis is: "Content with her ordinary life, Lyra is somewhat of a wallflower. However, her comfortable lifestyle suddenly goes astray when she accidentally plunges into the world of sirens. Entangled in a curse, Lyra will learn that her world may be a lot bigger than she had ever imagined"

Lyra becomes a siren after getting kissed by one, but the 'curse' doesn't get passed along correctly. So instead they share it, both becoming a mermaid/merman in water and a human on land. Ion, the merman who tried cursing her to become human again, comes to shore with her and they both try to figure out how to break it.

It's romance and fantasy. Sometimes includes really soothing music and always cute artwork. I've been following it since the beginning and it's released every Saturday on webtoons.com

Here's a link: http://www.webtoons.com/en/romance/s...t?title_no=632

Here's a sample of the artwork:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 1.22.12 AM.png
Views: 11000
Size:  411.9 KB

It's only about 43 chapters in and features weekly updates, which is very nice. The author/artist is instantmiso. She's written another webtoon named "Where Tangents Meet" (these characters do show up in Siren's, a nice 'throwback'). It is also romance and very cute story and is already completed.
    Last edited by Mer Coralia; 01-01-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: fixed a potential misunderstanding

I'll definitely bookmark this to read later. Thanks.

This looks awesome!!

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

I love the way the comic flows. The provided background music is solo pretty! I'm actually waiting to read this so I can listen in peace.

Kenny is so good at pairing the music with the storyline and the feels. He's the musician? Or sound technician? Sound writer? Not sure what's his official title XD

I would buy the CD, it'd be perfect for a lot of swimming videos.

But I'm happy people are interested ^^

I want to know what pairings does everyone like

I just reached the end of the comic and it definitely doesn't look completed to me. I'm pretty sure it's still ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra1337 View Post
    I just reached the end of the comic and it definitely doesn't look completed to me. I'm pretty sure it's still ongoing.
    That's cause it is? As I said it's only forty-three chapters in.

Her other comic is the one completed. I can see where people could get confused by that...

I am SO sorry! You did say that was about another story! I clearly can't read very well.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    So I have just started reading this comic, and I LOVE IT.
    Thank you so much for the suggestion!
    (sorry also for a small necro-post :P)

Ooh I just found this a couple weeks ago (and read the entire thing in one day.. so now I'm sad and waiting for more..) I'm so glad other people are reading it as well!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    Is anyone else up to date with Siren's? I would love to chat to other mers about it!

I'm up to date.

deviantArt
    Etsy
    (Now offering custom tail designs!)

Same. I am up to date now.

Sent from my Shell-Phone

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    It's been a while since someone posted about this comic, so I'm bringing it back up! Is anyone caught up on it? I basically binged the whole thing over the weekend and I'm dying to see what happens next!!

Also, since I'm a writer myself, I LOVE the amount of mer/ocean puns in this comic. It's given me so many great ideas for future writing!

It is good but there are no updates since some months.