Thread: Color Tattoo 24hr

Color Tattoo 24hr

Saw this today at target, there are some seriously bright colors... has any one tried it in water?

http://www.beautezine.com/maybelline...otos-swatches/

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/c...cents-an-hour/

seems to hold up in normal wear for a heckuva long time but add water and?????

Just seeing if any one has tried it...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    ^ I was interested in seeing if this would work in the water 2
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

I will be glad to test it for you as I have it.

Chesapeake Pod
    ^ Yea! ThanQ Siren of the Sea
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Gah I haven't tried it yet; I'll try to do it sometime this weekend.

~Meriel Enna

oooh neat idea !!!

That's kinda a cool idea! I'd love to play with that, not even for mermaiding purposes
    Mermaid Jewel

I have seen some reviews on these and everyone is raving about them!

Don't know how they would hold up under water though
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

Do you know how to remove it? I'd think it'd be pretty hard...
    Mermaid Jewel

It's just like a normal creme eyeshadow you just take it off with make up remover.

I would imagine oil based being the best to remove it, olive oil would work well
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

I actually have some of this in the gold shade. It worked amazingly well at staying on all day (just like advertised) but I have yet to try it in the water. It is my favorite eyeshadow by far though; the color vibrancy is just insane.
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Chesapeake Pod
    Anymer got the chance to try it yet?

i wear the gold one copper one and teal one and tey work amazing and i jumped in my lagoon at my house the other day and we have dirty merky water there in our bay and it stayed on the whole time it doesnt stay all day after youve jumped in water but it stayed pretty darn well for eye shadow

I have a few of these and they are pretty nice. Just don't put too many layers or it can crease. I remove it with makeup wipes and it's not a problem. I haven't gone swimming with them on yet so I can't vouch for that, but they do stay on all day out of water! They work nicely as bases for powder eyeshadows too!

Junior Member Pod of Cali Simone's Avatar
    Add Simone on Facebook
    I just bought this a few weeks ago. I got a dark blue color and a pearly white. They work great dry, as long as they are not applied too thickly. I wore them while swimming in the river and they seemed to stay on pretty well as long as I didn't touch and rub my eyes too much (which I tend to do as a bad habit.) If you need to dry your face it helps to gently pat with a towel, not rub. I'm going to test it out again in water tomorrow. So far I'm pretty happy though compared to other makeup I've tried.

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    I used my green and white of these a few weeks ago when I went swimming in the pool, and it stayed on. I generall don't touch my face while swimming, though, so I would advise not doing so. I still had to scrub like crazy to get it off afterward, so in my experience, they work well.
    Swamp fish noises intensify

I have these, too, and personally... I hated them. I "make" cream eye shadow using Ben Nye cream as a base, then powder as a "seal" or to boost colour and add shimmer. In comparison to what I usually do for costume make up, these fell flat MAJORLY and I honestly may never buy it again. :-/ Really disappointed me. I haven't tried them in water, but if you put a translucent powder on top, then final seal (Ben Nye) it should be fine.
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    I got the teal one of these. It was awful. I wore it once and it creased and wore off in a few hours. Blaahhh. Not to mention the teal one makes you look like you haven't had any sleep.

This is a skip product for me

I have like 6 of these and a few more in the mail XD I've used these, tested them in a very hot shower and worn it for long days walking round the big city near me. I've used it to do scales on my forehead and to seal loose glitter onto my face... and it worked to hold the glitter, even in water (not 100% but good enough for our needs as long as you don't rub it)

Make sure you use a decent brush to blend it out before it dries and it won't crease. It only creased for me when I messed around with the liquid sealer that came with my glitter. Try blending two colours together too =) (I recently did the blue on the top lid and turquoise/green under my eye and it looked really nice.