Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mers from Belgium or The Netherlands?

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar

Mers from Belgium or The Netherlands?

Hello fellow mers, I'm new and wondering if there are any mers from Belgium or The Netherlands.
    I would like to know some mers living here!
    I'm from Belgium btw!

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

I'm a mermaid that lives in Belgium I just moved to Deinze from Antwerp and still looking far a pool where I can swim with my monofin to keep up with my exercises.

Oh hello!! I'm from Vorselaar province Antwerp but I come a lot in Antwerp and around itself! searching for more pools too! I know one but it rather small deep enough but small (but not many people come there so that's fine)

I used to go to this pool (https://www.antwerpen.be/nl/overzich...edt-in-hoboken) to do my exercises with my monofin No problem there, only no tails allowed.

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    Dutch mer here, from around Rotterdam ^^
    Your imagination is your only limit

Mermaid Fenicia oh think it's so weird that a mono fin is allowed but with a tail on it not. It's just te same only some more fabric haha

Azurin Luna Nice to meet you!!

It's the fabric (below the knee) that is the problem in the pools in Antwerp. They won't allow lose shorts or skirts (even it it's attached to the bathing-suit) only tight speedo's, bikini's and bathing-suits. Some pools even have a vending-machine to sell the 'right' stuff.

Same here in some pools... I've been swimming in a pool in Pulderbos. It's known as a pool for children that are rehabilitating They don't mind tails as long as it's not crowded and don't hurt anybody with it but this never happend to me and the children and even parents love to see me swim there. In the summer or when it's hot enough I go to De Lilsebergen in Lille(Gierle) or Zilvermeer in Mol. and of course also the sea.. but in The Netherlands at Neeltje Jans not the swimming pool thingie but at the beach it's really great there not many people come there so it's not really crowded and also lots of seals that aren't afraid of humans and just will come to you

That would be lovely!

I've seen pics on your cosplay-page and I think we already met at Abunai and/or other conventions

I'm also from the Netherlands . I live near Utrecht. Hope to meet you at a meet sometime. Btw, there is a facebook group for Dutch speaking mermaids. It's called Dutch mermaids.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    I'll be moving to a place near Utrecht soon for my studies

^Cool! I live in Zeist. But I am moving to Barneveld (which is still close by).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

Junior Member Euro Pod StellaMaris's Avatar
    Hi everyone! I just have joined mernetwork this afternoon because I thought it would be time to talk about mermaids and you know, our passion. I live in South-Holland, the Netherlands. I was wondering why we don't talk Dutch here
    I still have to discover this forum, maybe some of you can help me a bit with the major things? Or just replying makes me happy too!

you can speak Dutch if it's easier for you, but only in this topic

Welcome StellaMaris! We do speak Dutch in the 'mermaids from the low lands?' thread. We're happy to have you on mernetwork! Do you have your own tail? Do you have a top, do you like making tails/tops?

What are you looking for on this forum? We could guide you! We have subforums for tailmakers, making your own, accessoires and tops, swimming in tails, photoshoots, professional mermaiding, swimming and diving, marine biology and ocean preservation...

Junior Member Euro Pod StellaMaris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLyara View Post
    Welcome StellaMaris! We do speak Dutch in the 'mermaids from the low lands?' thread. We're happy to have you on mernetwork! Do you have your own tail? Do you have a top, do you like making tails/tops?

What are you looking for on this forum? We could guide you! We have subforums for tailmakers, making your own, accessoires and tops, swimming in tails, photoshoots, professional mermaiding, swimming and diving, marine biology and ocean preservation...
    Hi Lyara,
    Nice to meet you here! Thank you for recommending that thread. Before I introduce myself, I've to tell y'all that my parents don't know anything about my passion for ocean life and mermaids and stuff. I'm a bit of a shy 15-year-old girl who doesn't know yet how to fulfill her dreams. So I don't have a tail or tops and accessoires. The only thing I own is a sea-decorated bedroom with a lots of blue and shells. And a secret playlist about metmaids on Youtube ofc haha. How about you?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Mermaid kisses and starfish wishes

Hi there,

Perhaps your parents will be more positive than you expect. I moved out to my own place nearly seven years ago, and it didn't really occur to me to tell them about mermaiding, but they found out through facebook anyway. And they LOVED it. They keep asking for pics. They show them to their colleagues. Omg...

I have a fabric tail from Mermaid Kat Shop (a German store). The color is red. I have a self made top with lilies and starfish and pearl chains. Loved making it. I love to swim with my tail, it just feels so amazing.

Perhaps you could come to a mermaid meeting sometime under the pretense of meeting friends. You can borrow one of our tails, and try it out. We have a Facebook group for mermaids from the Benelux, it's called 'Dutch Mermaids'. Sometimes we organize meetings for this fb group. You're more than welcome to join sometime!