Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mers from Belgium or The Netherlands?

Junior Member Euro Pod StellaMaris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLyara View Post
    Hi there,

Perhaps your parents will be more positive than you expect. I moved out to my own place nearly seven years ago, and it didn't really occur to me to tell them about mermaiding, but they found out through facebook anyway. And they LOVED it. They keep asking for pics. They show them to their colleagues. Omg...

I have a fabric tail from Mermaid Kat Shop (a German store). The color is red. I have a self made top with lilies and starfish and pearl chains. Loved making it. I love to swim with my tail, it just feels so amazing.

Perhaps you could come to a mermaid meeting sometime under the pretense of meeting friends. You can borrow one of our tails, and try it out. We have a Facebook group for mermaids from the Benelux, it's called 'Dutch Mermaids'. Sometimes we organize meetings for this fb group. You're more than welcome to join sometime!
    That would we awesome!! Still I don't think my parents would take it serious (espacially my dad). I'm also a writer of fantasy and scifi stories, so they know of my creative mind. But I suppose my dad would call it childish. Maybe I can persuade them when I buy a monofin... I think it's just not the time yet.

And I would love to join the FB Dutch Mermaids! Sometimes I really have the need to talk about this and have others around me who understand me. But, if I join the FB group would my friends don't see it? For me, the step is too big right now to tell the world about my obsession I think so.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Mermaid kisses and starfish wishes

Nope, it is a 'besloten groep', your facebook friends will not be able to see that you joined, don't worry

Buying a monofin as a starter is a good idea. I recommend a bigger monofin. It's much more fun to swim with a bigger monofin. Many fabric tail sellers have monofins in their tails that are too small. In my opinion that takes away a lot of the fun!

Nope, it is a 'besloten groep', your facebook friends will not be able to see that you joined, don't worry

Buying a monofin as a starter is a good idea. I recommend a bigger monofin. It's much more fun to swim with a bigger monofin. Many fabric tail sellers have monofins in their tails that are too small. In my opinion that takes away a lot of the fun!
    Thank god, that's a relief. When the summer comes, I'm going to search for monofins and maybe I'll go to the swimming pool every morning when it's not so busy with people. Do you recommend some brands for monofins?

I recommend this one: http://www.mermaidkatshop.com/produc...ory/mono-fins/

And yes, that is a fairly average price for a monofin...

Perhaps you can make your own fabric tail with that monofin later on!

I recommend this one: http://www.mermaidkatshop.com/produc...ory/mono-fins/

And yes, that is a fairly average price for a monofin...

Perhaps you can make your own fabric tail with that monofin later on!
    Those are great monofins! I keep them in mind for the summer... And yes, I read here and there about people making their own tail/monofin. But I thought only people with a professional company are able to make tails out of silicone and such materials because they have molds and the right tools. But neoprene seems easier..

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I got this recently. It has nice propulsion and is slightly smaller than an adult merfin.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Comfortab...I2JVZviR9F5xXw
    Formerly known as ireneho

That's also a great choice if I want a cheaper monofin! Oh btw, I've sent a request to the Dutch Mermaids FB group. Can't wait to be part of it!

I love my Triton monofin (the same as in Kat's tails), but if you feet are bigger that EU-size 38, you'll need a Hydra (same EU-brand only bigger feet-size and a bigger blade) you can buy them here: https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/so-dive/393/m

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Fenicia View Post
    I love my Triton monofin (the same as in Kat's tails), but if you feet are bigger that EU-size 38, you'll need a Hydra (same EU-brand only bigger feet-size and a bigger blade) you can buy them here: https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/so-dive/393/m
    Thank you! I only see a difference in the fin between the Hydra of Mermaid Kat and the one of the Scuba Store. Kat's one is more mermaid-shaped. But that So Dive Maori is also greatt ❤️

I have 2 Triton monofins, a yellow one that I use for practice and in my fabric tails and a clear one that is in my silicon tail A clear Hydra is on it's way to use in a silicon tail that I going to make for a friend

I have 2 Triton monofins, a yellow one that I use for practice and in my fabric tails and a clear one that is in my silicon tail A clear Hydra is on it's way to use in a silicon tail that I going to make for a friend
    For example, I'm going to buy a monofin. The Triton has the sizes 34-38 and the Hydra 39-43. I fluctuate between 38 and 39, so which one should I choose based on your own experiences?

If you can come over to me, you can try both as I have both here at the moment the Hydra will go into a silicone tail. I also have both finis wave and rapid

If you can come over to me, you can try both as I have both here at the moment the Hydra will go into a silicone tail. I also have both finis wave and rapid
    That's a great idea! I really want to try your monofins, it's so kind of you. But to come over all the way to Belgium is a bit too far for me. I live near Rotterdam. Maybe we can keep a date in mind on which we (and other mermaids) can meet each other?

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaMaris View Post
    That's a great idea! I really want to try your monofins, it's so kind of you. But to come over all the way to Belgium is a bit too far for me. I live near Rotterdam. Maybe we can keep a date in mind on which we (and other mermaids) can meet each other?

Sounds so much fun!!!
    a mer meet up with belgian & dutch mermaids

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

I'll be at different conventions and events in the Netherlands, but by then the Hydra is in a silicone tail. You always can try my other monofins And I like to go to a meet sometimes as I can't go to the mermaid Monday at Beringen every 3th Monday of the month

Quote Originally Posted by StellaMaris View Post
    For example, I'm going to buy a monofin. The Triton has the sizes 34-38 and the Hydra 39-43. I fluctuate between 38 and 39, so which one should I choose based on your own experiences?

Good question. I guess I'd pick the 39-43 if I were you. IF it turns out to be too big, you can always wear neoprene socks in your foot pockets, many mers do that.

A monofin that is too tight is very uncomfortable to wear and causes painful blisters!

Also, since you're only 15, your feet might grow a little more

Good question. I guess I'd pick the 39-43 if I were you. IF it turns out to be too big, you can always wear neoprene socks in your foot pockets, many mers do that.

A monofin that is too tight is very uncomfortable to wear and causes painful blisters!

Also, since you're only 15, your feet might grow a little more
    You have a point. I keep the seize 39-43 in mind. Still I think it would be nice to test some monofins when we can meet each other.

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Add MermaidLana on Facebook Add MermaidLana on Google+
    Follow MermaidLana on Tumblr Visit MermaidLana's Youtube Channel

Red face Mer from the Netherlands~!

I'm from the Netherlands, Rotterdam! We have a pool here, "De Fakkel". They accept mermaid tails! I swim there all the time!

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Same! I bought my mermaid tail from AlieXpress, here's the link, it's cheap, and it's good. I don't know you're age, but I bought on efrom the adult size!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3278...ddresstype=600

I'd buy it on the app, it's cheaper that way!

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Omg that sound's so much fun! I'd come, thats for sure!