Thread: Just moved back to IL...want to find some swimming buddies!

Just moved back to IL...want to find some swimming buddies!

Hi! I'm Sara, I just moved back to the NW Chicago suburbs and am dying to go for a swim! Anyone between Chicago/Milwaukee that knows a place to go? Or would like to hang out? Let me know!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." ~*Harvey Dent

Hey I live in Chicago (uptown). There are a few Chicago PD pools that are free and have open swim
    “Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kelly View Post
    Hey I live in Chicago (uptown). There are a few Chicago PD pools that are free and have open swim
    That is fantastic news! I'm in the NW suburbs and during the summer, there are so many inland lakes and hidden beaches up here. In the winter, not so much!

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." ~*Harvey Dent

Ah the north shore (glencoe, Wilmette, etc) has a lot of little beaches but I think none of them are free anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kelly View Post
    Ah the north shore (glencoe, Wilmette, etc) has a lot of little beaches but I think none of them are free anymore
    I don't know, Glencoe maybe? But there's also an inland lake, in a forest preserve up near my mom's house that has a beautiful beach and we have a resident pass so we get in for free. But anyone in my car also gets in. 😊

That sounds beautiful! And private!

Hi! I'm in Wheaton, about 45mins due west of Chicago downtown, and am newer in my mer-journey. I'm looking for swim buddies too! I currently go to a pool near me, but would love to find places in the summer too! ~Wren

We should have an IL meetup! Probably when it gets warmer and we can all go to the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Wren View Post
    Hi! I'm in Wheaton, about 45mins due west of Chicago downtown, and am newer in my mer-journey. I'm looking for swim buddies too! I currently go to a pool near me, but would love to find places in the summer too! ~Wren
    “Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

That sounds great! Feel free to friend me! ~Wren