Thread: The perfect mermaid bedroom

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Visit MermaidMermeron(Cameron)'s Youtube Channel

The perfect mermaid bedroom

Please send some ideas

I've been working on some perfect mermaid ideas for my room I've been searching everywhere FB , Pinterest , you name it so please send some ideas

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    What's your style? What colors do you want to use? Are you thinking beachy colors, specific tail colors, or overall sparkly things?
    Do you want actual mermaids on things or do you want it to look like a mermaid lives there?
    What kinds of things do you even want to do with your room? Do you want to paint the walls, hang art/decorations, change your furniture, etc?
    Also, since I see on your profile that you're a merling, what kinds of changes are your parents cool with?

Have you created a pinterest inspiration board for ideas?

Give people something to start with, maybe you can come up with ideas together <3
    Also, just as a tip, there's no need to start spamming other parts of the forum with the same question. People will respond when they have something to add.

I am slowly making my bedroom pirate/mermaid grotto themed. You can get wooden pallets for free and hang them on the wall to give your room a rustic feeling. You could even put hooks on the pallet to hang jewelry. You could have a bed canopy made of netting or you could hang netting on your wall and once again you can hang jewelry on the netting. Just like us mermaids like using fake plants for our mermaid tops and other crafts fake plants with an aquatic look could look interesting dangling from the netting too.

I had a lot of luck going to an antique shop. They had a cool looking mini barrel and other old wooden boxes that I stacked next to my bed for a nightstand.

I also got some antique furniture from my grandparents.

One of my favorite things is I have a wooden bowl that I filled with blue shell sequins and then on top of that I put a diving mask, all my mermaid themed jewelry, etc. I found some old glass bottles in the bay and they were covered in barnacles. I put those leaning up against the bowl.

So my room has objects I found on the beach, antiques, mermaid jewelry/shiny stuff, and a few pirate things.

Oh and I forgot some things...Recently I got a life saver ring that says "Mermaids Welcome Here" that I hung on my door. Life saver rings in general can be cool decorations and big foam floats are too. At World Market I got a glass float - those are really pretty to decorate with.

Pretty much everything I have in my room I found or got by chance. I will have to clean my room so that I can show what it looks like lol.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by ShyMer View Post
    What's your style? What colors do you want to use? Are you thinking beachy colors, specific tail colors, or overall sparkly things?
    Do you want actual mermaids on things or do you want it to look like a mermaid lives there?
    What kinds of things do you even want to do with your room? Do you want to paint the walls, hang art/decorations, change your furniture, etc?
    Also, since I see on your profile that you're a merling, what kinds of changes are your parents cool with?

Give people something to start with, maybe you can come up with ideas together <3
    Also, just as a tip, there's no need to start spamming other parts of the forum with the same question. People will respond when they have something to add.
    my style overall is the spirit of the ocean I was born a mermaid XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    I am slowly making my bedroom pirate/mermaid grotto themed. You can get wooden pallets for free and hang them on the wall to give your room a rustic feeling. You could even put hooks on the pallet to hang jewelry. You could have a bed canopy made of netting or you could hang netting on your wall and once again you can hang jewelry on the netting. Just like us mermaids like using fake plants for our mermaid tops and other crafts fake plants with an aquatic look could look interesting dangling from the netting too.

I had a lot of luck going to an antique shop. They had a cool looking mini barrel and other old wooden boxes that I stacked next to my bed for a nightstand.

One of my favorite things is I have a wooden bowl that I filled with blue shell sequins and then on top of that I put a diving mask, all my mermaid themed jewelry, etc. I found some old glass bottles in the bay and they were covered in barnacles. I put those leaning up against the bowl.

So my room has objects I found on the beach, antiques, mermaid jewelry/shiny stuff, and a few pirate things.

Oh and I forgot some things...Recently I got a life saver ring that says "Mermaids Welcome Here" that I hung on my door. Life saver rings in general can be cool decorations and big foam floats are too. At World Market I got a glass float - those are really pretty to decorate with.

Pretty much everything I have in my room I found or got by chance. I will have to clean my room so that I can show what it looks like lol.
    ok thanks for the idea that sounds cool

I have a Pinterest board allready and I've kinda been looking for ideas every day.

Overall any mermaid things are fine

sorry I just noticed I made 2 pages I'm new to this type of website

My current fabric tail is a shimmering orange but when I save up for a silicone tail I'm getting galaxy colors

Maybe the a mermaid lives here fell to it but.... Honestly all ideas are welcome! :-)

Feel*

We are going to paint the walls blue and use a ocean mural

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidMermeron(Cameron) View Post
    sorry I just noticed I made 2 pages I'm new to this type of website

No worries! I think you'll find a lot of users here will let you know when you can do better when it comes to using the forum- we like to help <3

Good luck with the mural, sounds fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidMermeron(Cameron) View Post
    Maybe the a mermaid lives here fell to it but.... Honestly all ideas are welcome! :-)
    No worries! I think you'll find a lot of users here will let you know when you can do better when it comes to using the forum- we like to help <3

Good luck with the mural, sounds fabulous!
    I'm not using the mural or wall paint yet I'm waiting for when I move but thank you

Well here is a hint : I'm a very artsy person XD

Also I'm allowed to do whatever I want with my room I have nice parents ^-^