Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merfolk UK Convention 2017 - First big UK mermaid meet up !!

Wink Merfolk UK Convention 2017 - First big UK mermaid meet up !!

Hi mers!

Its come to my attention that there isn't a thread regarding the upcoming Merfolk convention in London. This thread is to PR this event and to try get other Mers to attend!

Being in London I cannot wait for this event! I will have my Finfolk mythic tail by then too! UBER excited.

Anyway here is the flyer for the event

Name:  15965414_10154938656501255_8903960461411279072_n.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  45.5 KB

The flyer tells you everything you need to know!

Any other Mers in the UK or outside the UK interested in this then go ahead. There is a Facebook page discussing this event it is called 'UK merpod'. You can also type in 'Merfolk convention' in the search bar on Facebook to find the event page.

Bubble kisses <3
    Last edited by Mermaid Emeraldina; 01-13-2017 at 11:16 AM.

I can't wait for this! I will have my Merthology Creations tail and can't wait to swim with everyone! <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Forrest View Post
    I can't wait for this! I will have my Merthology Creations tail and can't wait to swim with everyone! <3 <3
    i followed them on Facebook yesterday their tails look really good. look forward to seeing yours up close! i have a finfolk mythic tail on its way to me

Oh, this sounds awesome! I don't live in the UK, but it's still not THAT far... I might consider going.

Cool I would love to attend but probably wont be able to make it that fare.

I am so excited for this, it will be my first Mer convention.

I can't wait for this. I'll hopefully be swimming in my orange tail. Not long to go now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pondering going to this as I have that week off due to needing to use up my remaining holiday allowance. While I admit I am very much a lurker here, I think it would be nice to meet up with folk. Also I would be attending on a non swim ticket, things really didn't go to plan last year, but that's something for the Bitch It Out section. Also get the feeling if I do go, I'll be the only guy there, LOL

Follow Dogfish On Twitter
    Visit Dogfish's Youtube Channel Visit Dogfish's Vimeo Channel
    I saw this convention advertised in the metro paper and it's actually what made me discover mermaiding! Me and my partner are going, we are super excited! Do you think they might sell fabric tails at the convention?

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    Pondering going to this as I have that week off due to needing to use up my remaining holiday allowance. While I admit I am very much a lurker here, I think it would be nice to meet up with folk. Also I would be attending on a non swim ticket, things really didn't go to plan last year, but that's something for the Bitch It Out section. Also get the feeling if I do go, I'll be the only guy there, LOL

Actually there are a few guys going

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish View Post
    I saw this convention advertised in the metro paper and it's actually what made me discover mermaiding! Me and my partner are going, we are super excited! Do you think they might sell fabric tails at the convention?

I'm not sure about fabric tails, but there are some tail.makers you could talk it about it I'm going too! I have a green and purple silicone tail

lovely! I'm bringing my underwater go pro so hopefully will get some lovely footage of all the tails <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Forrest View Post
    Actually there are a few guys going
    Yeah.. don't know why I said that now, should have known better. Also not pondering anymore, I have my ticket. It's only a few days away now and even though I'm not swimming am really looking forward to it.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    weird question for you. Are there two UK conventions going on this year? A reporter asked me about it but I only knew of yours!

I think this one is currently sold out, maxed at 60 tickets or something was what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    weird question for you. Are there two UK conventions going on this year? A reporter asked me about it but I only knew of yours!

I think this one is currently sold out, maxed at 60 tickets or something was what I heard.
    The one I know of is Merfolk UK and I think that's the only UK one? It's the first year - it sold out of swimming tickets and there were 60 of those but was still offering non-swim until recently. Not sure what the final number was.

After attending today, I just wanted to thank all of those who organised this (if they are reading) you did a fantastic job!!! <3 I hope to attend again! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish View Post
    After attending today, I just wanted to thank all of those who organised this (if they are reading) you did a fantastic job!!! <3 I hope to attend again! <3
    Ditto!!

It was just so incredible being in a pool with so many mermaids!

And yes, there were 60 swim tickets that sold out, and I'm not sure how many non swim tickets. Apparently the reason for the limit was linked to health & safety and the pool size, which I can completely understand. This was the first ever uk mermaid convention and was just a one day event with a two hour swimming slot for everyone. For a first event, I'd say it was absolutely awesome. Big thanks to Jessica and her crew for organising it!

There's no other mermaid convention in the uk as far as I'm aware.

Maybe they were thinking about this: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...40046996099274

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Yes I think that's what it is because they said the world record attempt but they thought it was UK. thanks for sorting that out for me

Yes I think that's what it is because they said the world record attempt but they thought it was UK. thanks for sorting that out for me
    It sounds like that must be it. It's in the uk and involves a mermaid world record attempt - it's just not specifically a mermaid convention. I've never been before, but I think they hold the festival every year and celebrate anything and everything to do with the sea.