Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's finally time... I'm getting a silicone tail - but from whom?!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    @Glinda Rose
    Her tails are gorgeous! Isn't she making yours? I've been dying to see more updates on it.
    Yes. I'm sure she'll update soon enough. I know she was working on the next video.
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/ZNXtyNg9u1SF2" width="480" height="272" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Mermaid Saoirse is correct. The Mernation ladies are some of the sweetest. Mermaid Elodea has some stories on durability of their tails that will make you laugh and praise the toughness of their product. Mine also is durable and thick-walled. I've never had to worry about ripping. On that note, if you order a dorsal, request that it is reinforced with power mesh it's entire length.

I have seen several of Kariel's tails be baggy at the knees, but they are gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Saoirse View Post
    Sadly Merbellas isn't accepting any new orders and probably never will or just not the same way Mermaid Raven used to.
    I would recommend Kariel's Tails of Art or Mernation. While Kariel's tails are definitely high up on the rank in quality, Mernation is improving with every new tail.

I've been in communication with the Mernation team for a long time as I save for my tail and they're some of the sweetest people I've met! They go above and beyond to make sure your questions are answered. Their wait from the time you order to the time you receive your tail is one of the shortest. I've also heard their $2,700 tails are cast thicker than others, which might help ease your worry of durability :o

Kariel's tails- my gosh I can't speak enough good of how her love for her work shines through with her vibrant fairy-tale-esque style. It might look great for you, Stella. I've heard Kariel is really great at working with her customers to make sure they get the tail they want.

If you're looking to pick from the more popular tailmakers I'd say try your luck and wait for a Finfolk. The twins may have a long waiting list but with some of their amazing fluke options like the Lotus and Calypso- it could be worth it.
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    YAAAAAAS SeaThroughSea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merpal Hal View Post
    Merrowfins and seethroughsea are also pretty good from what I've seen. Also yay for Nim, I love her tail styles.
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!

Quote Originally Posted by SIF View Post
    Mermaid Saoirse is correct. The Mernation ladies are some of the sweetest. Mermaid Elodea has some stories on durability of their tails that will make you laugh and praise the toughness of their product. Mine also is durable and thick-walled. I've never had to worry about ripping. On that note, if you order a dorsal, request that it is reinforced with power mesh it's entire length.

I have seen several of Kariel's tails be baggy at the knees, but they are gorgeous.

You say say to ask mernation to reinforce dorsal with power mesh? Why? I am getting my tail from them.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaTheSiren View Post
    Hi everyone! ^-^

Well, it looks like I've finally gotten enough money together to have a silicone tail made.
    But... I don't really know a lot about tailmakers.
    I hear that FinFolk is amazing, but also very expensive and I'm a little worried about the customization - I think I'll want some things a little different than their usual fluke, for example. It would also take like a year to make them (ouch).
    MerBella is gorgeous but some people tell me that the tails are less durable than those from FinFolk.
    The MerTailor is supposedly good but I've heard a lot of horror stories about that, too...

Does anyone have an idea about where to order? :-)

Thanks a lot <3
    Stella the Siren
    i highly advise mernation the lady's there are amazeing and Erin truly takes care of you and answered your questions. Their wait time is short. They have different fluke shapes and options on thickness. You should check out both their face book and web sight. This is the destine they have drawn up for me they also have you send in your measurements with a duck tape dummy so they can recreate your shape to make your tail. Name:  IMG_0407.PNG
Views: 163
Size:  101.9 KB

I have been looking at Seethroughsea, but have only seen one review on youtube. Is there any forum with seethroughsea reviews? I want to know how the seams look and how their customer service and such is before I put in the money myself