Thread: Selling neoprene tail skin with partial sequining and painting

Selling neoprene tail skin with partial sequining and painting

Hey all! I'm testing the waters to see if anyone would be interested in buying my tail skin that I started on forever ago and never finished. It was supposed to be a sequined neoprene tail but I only sequined about half of the back of the fluke and attempted to paint a bit of the fluke and a few scales before I gave up completely.
    I don't use this tail because I'm just not happy with it and would like to start a completely new one so I'm hoping if I can sell this one that I can put that money towards creating a new tail that I won't hate.
    This tail is really good for someone looking for a tail skin or blank tail, or a tail to sequin. The sequins can't be pulled off because I used E600 to glue them down and they are really stuck on there, but you can cut off the fluke portion and add your own.

These is a zipper down the back, and extra fins along the zipper, along the bottom of the fluke, and on the hips.
    I will include the sequins I have left over if you want.
    I'm thinking of selling the skin for $100. Including the sequins. Not including shipping. US only please (because shipping is a lot)

Here's the back before I attempted to paint it I'll have to get an updated picture of the painting I started

And the sequins (I used about half of one of the gold bags on the fluke)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    What monofin does it fit? And measurements?
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Mermaid View Post
    What monofin does it fit? And measurements?
    Fits a modified finis Rapid and measurements: (in inches)
    waist- 21 (for comparison my waist measurement is 24 and my hip is 36)
    hip-32
    ankle- 20
    calf- 24
    knee-19
    waist to knee-22.5
    knee to ankle-23
    Waist to ankle-44

Here's what the tail looks like as of now.

The fluke closes with sewn in velcro

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Darn. Too small for me
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

If you are not ready to sell your tail/item, do not post it here. I understand wanting to gauge interest, but there are so many fluctuating factors that it more times than not becomes void or counterproductive, and just induces confusion and frustration. For example most people post a thread like that, and a number of people say they are interested, but by the time the person is ready to sell (usually months later) those same people often no longer have the funds. That is frustrating to the potential buyers and seller. ONLY post if you are ready to sell the tail/item now. If you ignore this rule and post a item that you are not ready to sell, your thread will be deleted.
    -Classifieds Rules

Let me know today if you plan on selling this tail for sure. If so I'll change your thread title and keep it open. If not your thread will be deleted.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebekah.fish's Avatar
    Add Rebekah.fish on Facebook
    Yea I may be interested I just have to measure my friend to be sure

Yeah, I for sure am ready to sell it. Just says possibly because I wasn't sure If anyone would think it was worth it to buy.

So your measurements don't match the measurements for the tail? I thought it was for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekah.fish View Post
    So your measurements don't match the measurements for the tail? I thought it was for you?
    Neoprene stretches. If it was exactly sized it would fill with water and you would swim out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Pearl View Post
    Neoprene stretches. If it was exactly sized it would fill with water and you would swim out of it.
    This. Because of how stretchy neoprene is, to keep it up in the water it needed to be smaller than my measurements and if it were exactly my measurements it would be baggy once in the water.

Still up for grabs

I think it is really lovely, unfortunately it is to small for me too. I hope it finds a home with someone. If you are interested in doing a basic neoprene tail for someone else I would be interested in talking to you. I really like that tail.

This still for sale?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MerNetwork mobile app

Not anymore, since no one wanted it i took it apart. I totally forgot to notify an admin that it wasn't available anymore. 😥

Sent from my LG-M210 using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by landlockedmermaid View Post
    I think it is really lovely, unfortunately it is to small for me too. I hope it finds a home with someone. If you are interested in doing a basic neoprene tail for someone else I would be interested in talking to you. I really like that tail.
    I'll PM you

Sent from my LG-M210 using MerNetwork mobile app

Banned
    Follow MermaidAnnabella On Twitter
    Visit MermaidAnnabella's Youtube Channel
    Is she still available?