Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordering a tail from SeeThroughSea!

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar

Red face Ordering a tail from SeeThroughSea!

I am in the process of ordering a tail from SeeThroughSea! I thought a diary from how things worked out would be fun also so other mers could see a review on this tailmaker as not many exist from them. I'll keep updates as many as I can!

First things first; I searched through mernetwork's forums for reviews of different tailmakers. I first wanted to buy from mertailor because I loved the "phoenix" fluke but after all the bad reviews I decided not to buy from him. I further searched for tailmakers. I did have a budget (for only the tail+top shipping not included) my budget was $3000. As Merbella's wich I love took a break and Finfolk also, I searched more and more I came across a lot of makers but found seethroughsea interesting also from what they do.

For mers who don't know what they do this is what they have on their site (I would love to explain it myself but as my english is not my first language I am afraid of making mistakes);
    " Here at See Through Sea, we hold giving back to our community and participating in marine conservation efforts as one of our top priorities. We have therefore chosen to donate up to 20% of the proceeds from our See Through Sea shop to Ocean Clean-Up events and marine research, rescue, and rehabilitation organizations such as Ke Kai Ola and West Hawaii Marine Mammal Response Network. To date, we have removed over 1,000 lbs of manmade debris from the Sea! "

The tails;

You can choose from six different flukes, two scale patterns, two mermaid top design and add-on fins
    The tail cost $2500 inclusive heel fins or you can substituted the fins for a mermaid top.

Flukes; http://nebula.wsimg.com/obj/NzI4RjlG...VjNGQ6Ojo6OjA=
    http://nebula.wsimg.com/obj/NzI4RjlG...UyZGE6Ojo6OjA=

Scale patterns; http://nebula.wsimg.com/obj/NzI4RjlG...dkYjE6Ojo6OjA=
    http://nebula.wsimg.com/obj/NzI4RjlG...E5M2U6Ojo6OjA=

Mermaid Tops; https://attachment.outlook.office.ne...live.com&isc=1

https://attachment.outlook.office.ne...live.com&isc=1

Add-on fins; http://nebula.wsimg.com/obj/NzI4RjlG...Y2MWE6Ojo6OjA=
    http://nebula.wsimg.com/obj/NzI4RjlG...Q4YmE6Ojo6OjA=
    http://nebula.wsimg.com/obj/NzI4RjlG...MxMWQ6Ojo6OjA=

The add-on fins each have a different price as they aren't all the same size so it depends. I asked for the pricing guide and I got it in no time!
    Price range for hip fins from $200-$220
    Price range for Dorsal fins from $185-220
    Price range for Heel or other small fins from $165-$175

My tail;

I've chosen the Renee fluke(tail price $2500),parrotfish scales, Odyssey ankle fins($165), Mana dorsal fin($210) and the seaweed top(included in tail price)
    total; $

They also gave me the price for shipment (
    approximately) it is $250 from Hawaii to Belgium but this isn't fully correct yet!

We already had a lot of contact they were very nice and responded really fast! We live in complete different time zones; when it'sday in my country, it's the middle of night at theirs! But I contacted them in the evening(my time zone) and they answered me at day(they time zone). It only took about a few hours from them to respond! They also were very nice and helped me out a lot with questions I had.

My design;
    As I am a mermaid born in the winter and cold lands of Finland. I wanted a tail that presented ice,snow, cold and my birthplace. I love the color blue in combination with white but I used also black in the back en the fluke upper details for more depth. The stripes represent icicles. Also used dots in my fluke as the reference to snow there are small,medium and large ones on it not in a pattern but just randomly as snow is. I choose the seaweed top I felt in love with it, don't get me wrong! I had difficulties with choosing from the two designs as I loved them both but thought the seaweed top was just unique and more realistic looking (as I think of why do mers have scales on their breasts?) but that's of course an opinion of me!
    the top is also blue covered in "snow" dots" and I asked for depth in the top with light-medium and dark blue colors for a more realistic top. I also choose the parrotfish scales!

Why I choose the color blue and white (and black)? First of all; it's one of my favourite colors, the ocean has this color, the flag of my birth land has it and I'm born in the winter so this reminds me of when I was born.
    Why a blue seaweed top instead of naturel colors? As I said I wanted to create a tail that presented ice,snow, cold and my birthplace. And I have a wild fantasy so why not do something unusual? I first wanted to use naturel colors and let the seaweed just look frozen but the colors didn't work with my tail itself so I choose to go full fantasy and froze the seaweed!
    Why the renee fluke? I also had diffculties choosing from the flukes as there are many beautiful ones they have! I had difficulties choosing from the Anthias, Kailua, Odyssey and Renee. I thought just because I'm a bit chubby the other the Anthias and Kailua wouldn't look very good on me because they weren't as width so the attention would go on my chubby parts rather then my tail. Then the Odyssey and Renee, I really had difficulties with choosing from these two! After a few discussions with myself... I thought the Renee would fit better in my snow/ice conception as this fluke is more sort of straight, pointy and more streamlined to represent these things.
    Why not the Ward scales instead of the Parrotfish scales? I thought about getting the Ward ones as they are also more pointy, but I didn't really like them (this is everyone's personal view), I loved the Parrotfish ones also because they would fit more with the chubby body I have. So it wouldn't be all pointy and straight, and my body would fade a little in with the tail as these scales are round!

I really can't wait for my tail and I will keep you mers updated as much as I can! Also if you have any questions about my tail/design or other stuff feel free to ask!

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

My tail design

Name:  oie_22202038Axiy0FWE.jpg
Views: 1821
Size:  100.3 KB

You can also follow them on instagram if you want to see more of their creations!
    They have two instagrams 1: https://www.instagram.com/seethroughsea/
    and the second instagram is only about their tails: https://www.instagram.com/seethroughseamermaids/

What a great review! I can't wait to see how it progresses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Tami View Post
    What a great review! I can't wait to see how it progresses!

I will be updating as much as I can! I'm now in the process of taking my measurments !

Quick small update;

I've had some troubles with PayPal and contacted SeeThroughSea about this! I had troubles for 1 week almost 2 weeks. They were really helpful and even offered other options if PayPal kept giving troubles. Today I paid the full price of my tail (I used PayPal) and they are now beginning the process of making my beautiful tail! They will keep me updated of the process! I really can't wait to see not only the final product but the whole process of the tail!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lilija View Post
    Quick small update;

I've had some troubles with PayPal and contacted SeeThroughSea about this! I had troubles for 1 week almost 2 weeks. They were really helpful and even offered other options if PayPal kept giving troubles. Today I paid the full price of my tail (I used PayPal) and they are now beginning the process of making my beautiful tail! They will keep me updated of the process! I really can't wait to see not only the final product but the whole process of the tail!
    This so great hearing about all the nitty gritty about ordering a tail - I can't wait to see the final product in your hands!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

That's an absolutely gorgeous design and definitely fits your mermaid persona to a tee!
    Will you be showing progress pictures on it once they come out?
    The Crystal Mermaid of The Seafarer's Grotto
    Princess Nymphia of the Sea
    Instagram: @crystallinemermaid
    Solo Performer Facebook: Nymphia the Crystal Mermaid
    Business Facebook: The Seafarer's Grotto: Mermaid for Hire

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessNymphiaoftheSea View Post
    That's an absolutely gorgeous design and definitely fits your mermaid persona to a tee!
    Will you be showing progress pictures on it once they come out?

Yes I will! They are now getting all the materials so when they begin they will keep me updated!

Quote Originally Posted by faithonthebass View Post
    This so great hearing about all the nitty gritty about ordering a tail - I can't wait to see the final product in your hands!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Oh yes! I had so much trouble getting the money transfer! I don't know about the rest of the world but Europe has some really strict laws and I struggled 2 weeks with only the money! I will post pictures of the process when I can and of course the final product!

Yes I will! They are now getting all the materials so when they begin they will keep me updated!
    YASSSSS! I can hardly wait to see your tail come to life!

It's kind of funny really, I actually ordered a tail from See Through Sea myself as well. I'm supposed to be receiving it by late March to take with me to an anime convention here in the states to start promoting myself Looks like we'll be sisters born from the same tail company so to speak lol

YASSSSS! I can hardly wait to see your tail come to life!

It's kind of funny really, I actually ordered a tail from See Through Sea myself as well. I'm supposed to be receiving it by late March to take with me to an anime convention here in the states to start promoting myself Looks like we'll be sisters born from the same tail company so to speak lol
    Ahww yess!!!! would love to see your tail too!

Ahww yess!!!! would love to see your tail too!
    Do you know when you're tail is going to be completed? I know they usually take about 2 weeks to make them, at least that's what Alicia told me last time we talked

Do you know when you're tail is going to be completed? I know they usually take about 2 weeks to make them, at least that's what Alicia told me last time we talked
    They didn't really gave me a date but they said they would make it as fast as possible because they felt a little bad for me about all the troubles I had with the money ( which obvious wasn't their fault ) I ordered the tail on 14.01.2017 and I payed the full price on 30.01.2017 and they ordered the materials early last week! So I think they are beginning to start the progress as they already prepped the molds while I was struggling with my money transactions! I can't wait for updates!

Btw I followed you on Instagram!!!
    Last edited by Mermaid Lilija; 02-07-2017 at 02:37 PM.

I just checked my mail and got some good news! This is the mail!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 23.42.51.png
Views: 1074
Size:  87.1 KB

I can't wait oh my gosh!!!!! They really keep good contact, the lag they are talking about was just one day! I don't mind one day at all sometimes you need to wait a few days for answers and they apologize for just one day. Don't get me wrong it isn't bad but they really didn't need to apologize ! I am so happy with their help and fast responses

I can't wait to see this!!!!

I can't wait to see it, i LOVE the design!

Ordering a tail from SeeThroughSea!

Hannah Fraser just did an un-boxing video! She sent one of her tails to See Throughout Sea to have silicone fins added to it! It's absolutely beautiful!!

Last edited by Mermaid Tami; 02-14-2017 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Tami View Post
    Hannah Fraser just did an un-boxing video! She sent one of her tails to See Throughout Sea to have silicone fins added to it! It's absolutely beautiful!!

Omg!! Where can you find the video?????!!!

Yep, her Facebook