Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ordering a tail from SeeThroughSea!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLyara View Post
    That's not bad, especially considering that elaborate paint job! Does she offer competitor monofins as well?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk
    I asked them about the competitor for an upgrade and they said they don't recommend it. I don't have the email handy, but they said something like, 'it adds little propulsion and sacrifices the flowiness of the tail'. Of course it was worded much better than that but you get the idea. They do it though, if you really wanted it.

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Huh, really? The competitor has at least double the propulsion of most monofins on the US market. What monofin is standard in their tails? I would disagree quite strongly with that claim of adding little propulsion. It would sacrifice the flow of the tail, but that might be the look the mer is going for.
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    They use the finis trainer monofin in their tails. I've heard nothing but good reviews about the trainer.
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Oh I 100% agree. I thought that was a little weird considering that, yes, it does sacrifice the flow, but the competitor can be one of the best monofins for maximum propulsion. And I also agree that it could be the look the mer is looking for...
    My suggestion would be to do research on what kind of monofin would be best suited for you. They are professionals, but it's not like a competitor hasn't been used in a tail before.

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar
    I agree with the sacrifice of the flow but yes it is the best for propulsion
    I love the look of a floppy tail so yeah... and I have also sort of a skin condition on one of my foots and for me the finis is more comfortable then the competitor (I know that sounds a bit weird I think??)
    Last edited by Mermaid Lilija; 03-29-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

I saw a few hours ago that the status of my tail changed

I thought it is a bit weird because normally something from customs comes up first? It says it is departed already... Anybody knows? (it came from Hawaii to Belgium)Y Also it was sent with USPS.

Name:  oie_7165836L29mcvDl.png
Views: 526
Size:  73.8 KB

Sorry for the people who didn't know! I literally posted spam on my Instagram about my tail and forgot about this threat a bit... but it came in this friday! And it is a beauty! went swimming with it the same day and it was just fintastic!

Ah, it's gorgeous! I don't know how I missed this on IG but congratulations Lilija! It's so beautiful, I can't wait for your video! <3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Currently deciding on a color/design and saving up for my first tail!

I am going to do a small update on what's going on with my tail.

After lots of swims I realised the back of the tail is too short so it always shows my swim pants and has a huge gap not just a "gap" when I swim it feels like the whole pool is coming into my tail. I first thought this was just because I didn't pull the tail fully up but again I swam a lot.

I mailed them about the problem with the shortness of the back and they said they would make me a gap wrap for free but never heard of them after I sent them a mail with what I would like.

My top is already tearing in the front and the back where the "seaweed" is attached is just coming off (I had to sew this on my own to get them back on the bra underneath).

This is really a huge disappointment since they were so nice to me. I don't really know what to do, I had a birthday party for a kid in 2 weeks now but I can't go there looking like this mess. So I cancelled it...

I actually now regret this first tail. It is still beautiful but it just has the big faults that I can't get it fixed on my own or by another tailmaker because I have no money left to do this.

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about this. Your tail is so pretty. How disappointing. Perhaps if you are persistently in contact they will help you. If a product has a flaw that makes it come apart with use, something ought to be done. Don't count them out just yet, keep at it <3

Quote Originally Posted by MeliPixie View Post
    Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about this. Your tail is so pretty. How disappointing. Perhaps if you are persistently in contact they will help you. If a product has a flaw that makes it come apart with use, something ought to be done. Don't count them out just yet, keep at it <3

I've already tried this... I see them posting on Instagram but they just won't answer me... I gave up.

Oh dear, that is terrible Perhaps write an official review of your items so other mers know what to watch out for, that's all I can think of. Unfortunately this happens with too many companies and to too many merfolk.

I was thinking about doing that but can't find a seethroughsea review forum so still figuring out where to do it. I was also thinking about a little gofundme page because I really have some difficult times financially now. I can't pay some bills, I have to feed my animals...(rough times here) Keeping the goal a bit low so I could fix my tail first so I could do some parties and earn some extra money with that..

But I feel like such a desperate mermaid for doing that! People have really good reasons for doing a gofundme & don't think I deserve to do that.

You spent good money on a tail that was going to earn you money, and it turned out not to be the quality you expected. If you need a little help getting there, there is no shame in asking. You and your animals deserve to eat. It's fine to make a gofundme. If I had it I would donate myself.

As for a review forum you can probably contact a forum mod to help you figure out where to post, or even ask in the Mer Network chat room if you're on Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    there isn't an official review section yet. But honestly I can't say I am surprised. When tail makers try to skip ahead this can happen.

This sucks Lilija you spent so much money on this tail and you were looking forward to it so much... hope you can work it out with Seethroughsea!

Maybe in the meantime you can make/buy another top, so you'll be able to do events/birthday parties?

You could make a skirt of this shape: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1KOi8O...en-Kwasten.jpg You could decorate it with shells, plants, pearls, etc. and easily wrap it around your hips. That would conceal the low back for now!

Hey Lilija,
    A friend just let me know this was here, though I tend to stay off mernetwork, I wanted to address this. I'm sorry that I didn't realize you were waiting for a response from me after I collected your measurements to make a gap wrap.
    I'll message you privately so we can figure out what we can do to make sure that you're happy with your experience. Name:  Gap Wrap.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  103.6 KB

The moment you feel so bad & stupid at the same time !
    Holy Fins!

The mail I had sent was not even sent. Not noticing this with a full mail... Stupid me.
    I feel so saved & happy! It was just a miscommunication.

I will be making an official review. (Going to ask for an official review page so people can post it there since there isn't one yet)

I have to say I am still very happy with my tail. Sometimes things go wrong, it happens. But to have people so understanding is amazing!
    Thank you Alicia!

Yay! I'm so glad you are working toward a solution again!

Glad to hear everything is working out!