Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Finis Luna Mermaid Monofin

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)

Finis Luna Mermaid Monofin

Quote Originally Posted by AqaticAlvara View Post
    Okay so I've been researching monofins too and this is the one I'm stuck on. I really like it from what I've seen but I have one hangup. My shoe size ranges from 6.5-5 so, I would have to get the smaller watermelon looking one. I really don't like the color scheme.
    I plan on easing myself into mermaiding so once I get a monofin I'm going to swim with only that for a while. My question is if it's important that you love how your monofin looks and if so is there a way I could paint it to fit my mermaid style?
    I wore both sizes MerMainia and I wear normally a size 6.5. Both fit well, the larger one was definitely looser in the bottom part of the footpockets, but the adjustable straps held my feet in well.

And I understand, I love the blue green a lot more than the red yellow combo. I know that they mentioned to me they hope to sell enough to where in the future you will be able to choose your colors.

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Curls View Post
    I wear a size 6 shoe, so I have small feet (my Mahina is the largest child size). I have the adult Luna on the green/blue color scheme and it fit great. I wore thin neoprene socks with it as I had rubbed horrible blisters on my feet with my Mahina. You should be fine with the adult Luna.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Okay I'm thinking I might do that. I've got a bit to think over it I'll probably get it for Christmas. So I've got a bit of time. This is good to know though because I've seen review videos where people say otherwise so I was going by that but slowly through discussion I'm leaning towards taking my chances with the blue green. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    I wore both sizes MerMainia and I wear normally a size 6.5. Both fit well, the larger one was definitely looser in the bottom part of the footpockets, but the adjustable straps held my feet in well.

And I understand, I love the blue green a lot more than the red yellow combo. I know that they mentioned to me they hope to sell enough to where in the future you will be able to choose your colors.

Thank you so much this helped a lot!

faithonthebass I'm new and doing a lot of research, just watched all your videos, your great and very informative! Thanks

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by AqaticAlvara View Post
    Thank you so much this helped a lot!
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kianabella View Post
    faithonthebass I'm new and doing a lot of research, just watched all your videos, your great and very informative! Thanks
    Thank you! DON'T WORRY EVERYONE A REVIEW IS ON THE WAY!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Is it smaller than an adult merfin?
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    That depends on which brand, but if you mean the Mahina, I believe so yes. I don't have a Mahina though so I'm not 100% sure on that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Currently deciding on a color/design and saving up for my first tail!

Does it fit into a Fin Fun or Magictail skins?

It does NOT fit into a FinFun tailskin. I tried it. The tips did not curl up, but the fabric is too short and exposes the bottom part of the fin.

I wonder if you might show us a picture of this? I have been very curious to see exactly how it looks.

This is mine in the SunTails

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

Way smaller

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

Thanks Faith I know you have a couple FinFun tails (I'm reeeaaally leaning toward them because of the custom sizing) and I'm sure you're a busy mermaid, but if you have a moment would you humor me by taking a photo of the fin in one of your FinFun tails? Being a plus size mer is tough when it comes to fabric tails, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MeliPixie View Post
    Thanks Faith I know you have a couple FinFun tails (I'm reeeaaally leaning toward them because of the custom sizing) and I'm sure you're a busy mermaid, but if you have a moment would you humor me by taking a photo of the fin in one of your FinFun tails? Being a plus size mer is tough when it comes to fabric tails, lol.

Consider yourself humoured. It no worky. Stretches out the skin and looks plain awkward in my opinion.

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

Oh, dear. Well thank you though I appreciate it. Guess the search continues

Oh, dear. Well thank you though I appreciate it. Guess the search continues

Honestly the FinFun monofin is a great bet or the Mirage if you've got child sized feet like me.

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

I had the opportunity to try a FinFun monofin the other night and didn't care for the way it pushed my ankles together, or how the Lexan piece pulled away from my feet with every kick. Plus I'm knock-kneed, so having separate foot pockets like in my Luna is perfect. Haven't seen or tried a Mirage but I'm on a very strict budget right now so looking for something that will fit my big booty, my current monofin, and my wallet. It's a challenge but I'm up to it! Aaaaas long as I have the help from fellow mers like you, and their cameras

I had the opportunity to try a FinFun monofin the other night and didn't care for the way it pushed my ankles together, or how the Lexan piece pulled away from my feet with every kick. Plus I'm knock-kneed, so having separate foot pockets like in my Luna is perfect. Haven't seen or tried a Mirage but I'm on a very strict budget right now so looking for something that will fit my big booty, my current monofin, and my wallet. It's a challenge but I'm up to it! Aaaaas long as I have the help from fellow mers like you, and their cameras

Well I have a video coming that may help with one of those problems! If you like more separate feet, consider a SunTails monofin.

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

Thanks, I will I'm subscribed to your channels so I'll keep an eye out for that video! <3