Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Luna Mermaid Monofin

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel

Finis Luna Mermaid Monofin

Finis is going to have a new line of monofins made of silicone. They look really cute!

http://s15.a2zinc.net/clients/emeral...&Task=Products

What do you think?
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Finis is going to have a new line of monofins made of silicone. They look really cute!

http://s15.a2zinc.net/clients/emeral...&Task=Products

What do you think?
    Looks pretty cool, I hope to see more videos of people testing them out at mermania

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    It was really comfortable and easy to maneuver....I swam in it and thought about pre ordering it, but I didn't know when I would use it and I am on a budget from making my silicone tail...the only down sounds to it was that it doesn't give a lot of proportion like a shooter, because it's flowy, but I guess that's expected. Since I have a MagicTail I didn't mind it. It really made you feel like a fish

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a Finis Luna would be good in a silicone tail because if silicone only sticks to silicone you could easily stick it to this monofin?
    Oh oh or it could be easy to re-paint this monofin because you just get some pigment and a trial size of silicone and then paint this fin the way you want? Wait! That could mean you might be able to just make the silicone body then attach it straight to this monofin and you wouldn't have to make a silicone fluke at all...Unless if you wanted to spend time sculpting one but otherwise you could just paint the monofin. I see a lot of possibilities with this.

I really like the shape of this monofin and I am so glad it has individual foot pockets and straps.

I am just not sure yet if it would be too floppy for me. I have only used a Finis Rapid monofin.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

How big was this fin? I'm having a hard time judging. I'm pretty excited about it, regardless! I like floppier fins and it's nice to have an adult monofin shaped more like a "traditional" fluke.

I was looking through some of the Mermania photos and in one photo of the Finis booth the Luna monofin looked to be the same size as the Finis Rapid they had next to it on the table. I thought it was smaller than that until I saw the photo.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

The one for the smaller foot size is shorter than the one for larger feet...it's like the Wave and Rapid

^also curious to know the length across of the monofin!
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    ^also curious to know the length across of the monofin!
    I don't really know exact measurements, but I'd say that the bigger one in the widest part is about 2 feet wide maybe...and the smaller one for smaller feet is probably 4 to 6 inches smaller in width...it's all very floppy

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    I didn't try it in the pool, but I did try it on. I have a Womens Size 9 Wide foot, and when I tried it on, my left foot fit comfortably, but the right foot heel strap was just a tad too tight. The lady at the booth said that they will probably be coming out with a size Large (I tried the Medium), after all the feedback they got from folks trying it at Mer-Mania. I also tried putting it in my tailskin, which was made for a Fin Fun monofin. It was a good fit width-wise, but it is a bit longer and less crescent-shaped than the Fin Fun, so it stuck out of the skin along the bottom edge a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Echinacea View Post
    I didn't try it in the pool, but I did try it on. I have a Womens Size 9 Wide foot, and when I tried it on, my left foot fit comfortably, but the right foot heel strap was just a tad too tight. The lady at the booth said that they will probably be coming out with a size Large (I tried the Medium), after all the feedback they got from folks trying it at Mer-Mania. I also tried putting it in my tailskin, which was made for a Fin Fun monofin. It was a good fit width-wise, but it is a bit longer and less crescent-shaped than the Fin Fun, so it stuck out of the skin along the bottom edge a bit.
    That's good to know! Most of the time monofins tend to be hidden when swimming in the water too. Will there be a small size also?

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Finis Luna Mermaid Monofin

Quote Originally Posted by faithonthebass View Post
    That's good to know! Most of the time monofins tend to be hidden when swimming in the water too. Will there be a small size also?

There already is a small size, the medium foot pockets were a bit large on my feet and I wear a 6.5 US, but it was still very comfortable

I found a video of someone who got their hands on it early! Doesn't show what it looks like in the water, but it gives you an idea of size and floppiness!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2XM_HWJyJFg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-The Michigan Merrow-
    - lady of the lake -

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lazuli View Post
    I found a video of someone who got their hands on it early! Doesn't show what it looks like in the water, but it gives you an idea of size and floppiness!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2XM_HWJyJFg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It looks very soft. I wonder if there is much propulsion in it?
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    It looks very soft. I wonder if there is much propulsion in it?
    I felt like it powered through the water as well as the monofin in my MagicTail (I have an older model), but it definitely would not compare to the propulsion of a Finis Shooter, because it's floppy after all. I think it actually makes you feel more like a fish.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Rocky Mountain Pod
    Pod of The South
    Add H-SAMA on Facebook
    Visit H-SAMA's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    I felt like it powered through the water as well as the monofin in my MagicTail (I have an older model), but it definitely would not compare to the propulsion of a Finis Shooter, because it's floppy after all. I think it actually makes you feel more like a fish.

Have you tried their foil? I wonder if it's similar...

Quote Originally Posted by H-SAMA View Post
    Have you tried their foil? I wonder if it's similar...
    I haven't tried the foil, but just from seeing videos, I think it's probably similar.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Rocky Mountain Pod
    Pod of The South
    Add H-SAMA on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    I haven't tried the foil, but just from seeing videos, I think it's probably similar.

Ahh cool, I thought so, so basically the difference is rubber x silicone... cool.
    I wish they would make one with pastel neutral colors with some specks of shine... flakes... idk... with glitter maybe? lol
    (after writing I guess I have a pretty specific idea of what I want. )
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/46936021091408697/

Quote Originally Posted by H-SAMA View Post
    Ahh cool, I thought so, so basically the difference is rubber x silicone... cool.
    I wish they would make one with pastel neutral colors with some specks of shine... flakes... idk... with glitter maybe? lol
    (after writing I guess I have a pretty specific idea of what I want. )
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/46936021091408697/
    I was told they were going to make more colors eventually, but for now they are just going to make two colors with them being for the different foot sizes. If sells pick up; however, I definitely see more colors coming!

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Rocky Mountain Pod
    Pod of The South
    Add H-SAMA on Facebook
    oh yeah, definitely I am just hoping for more "fashion" ones??...
    usually is very basic primary.
    This ombre effect was already a huge improvement. loved it. not hating. Just wanting more heheh