Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raina's new tail

Senior Member Pod of Cali Sirenade's Avatar
    The pantyhose and baby powder method is what I have used for Thom Shouse tails (he recommends for both latex and urethane). I haven't tried silicone, but I'm not surprised it is hard to get into.

so every time youll have to do this? wouldnt be easyer to put a zipper in the back , at least for the butt and hip?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    The pantyhose and baby powder method is what I have used for Thom Shouse tails (he recommends for both latex and urethane). I haven't tried silicone, but I'm not surprised it is hard to get into.
    I am thinking I may just buy silicone based lubricant. I can't see that degrading it Kinda a funny excuse to go buy lube hahaha

so every time youll have to do this? wouldnt be easyer to put a zipper in the back , at least for the butt and hip?
    This was the very first tail Raven ever made with silicone. My tail was like her experiment to make sure she got the method down and to decide if she wanted to make them and sell them. We didnt order enough silicone for additional adjustments (extra fins, zipper, etc) and she was nervous about trying it in case she messed up since she knew how badly I wanted this tail. This stuff is EXPENSIVE. Not quite easy to "experiment" without wasting

Maybe down the road if she figures it out I may have a zipper put in... but honestly I can see how it would still be difficult with one. It just sticks to you and then refuses to move along anything that isn't smooth. Also I cant believe how much silicone stretches. It's perfectly tight and snug on me, but it slips around from sweat and sometimes the part thats wide for my butt will STRETCH to my legs! It's totally different learning to move, pose, and I'm sure swim in it.

I'll post a lot more once I swim in it, I am thinking of posting a thread "so you're thinking of a silicone tail..." with all these little things I've learned hahaha. Im just so thankful I get to go to Florida and see Raven and so many people in person who are going to help me refine my mermaid water skills!

Raina your tail is GORGEOUS raven did a truly amazing job on it. im so happy and excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sidenote:
    iblondie- that gif of ariel is AMAZING.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Raina, it's so lovely, and looks so great on you! I especially love the raised scales and the shape of the fluke.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Just wanted people to know, my old tail was given away to a girl here in HFX today she's going to be a mermaid too. Since I was able to fundraise the money for this tail I wanted the good karma to keep going. Here's mermaid mimi putting some talc on the tail to wrap it up to take home!

Not to be nosey but how much did the tail cost?
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

which one? I originally paid 1000$ for my mertailor tail, I gave it to her for free. Raven's tails start at 2000$+

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Aw, I'm so happy for you And your excitement is infectious! I can't wait to see you in action with this! Woohoo. Just a few weeks ^_^

Your tail is soooo beautiful! I can not wait to see videos Raina. You are one of my favorites by far and with this new tail....I gush.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Don't use silicone based lube with a silicone tail!!!!! Oddly enough, the silicone reacts with the silicone and can degrade the material. It goes against logic, but there you go O_o

Don't use silicone based lube with a silicone tail!!!!! Oddly enough, the silicone reacts with the silicone and can degrade the material. It goes against logic, but there you go O_o
    well thank you for that bit of knowledge haha

Chesapeake Pod
    ^ Thats was SO sweet of you to give away your old tail! Good karma to you Raina
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

off for my first swim! videos and photos to come later tonight

Chesapeake Pod
    Woohoo! Veru excited..I'm sure everything will go great
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

YAYYYYYYY!!!
    I Believe

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    I can't wait to see how she moves!!! Enjoy the swim!!! I am going to stay home and work on my tail so that it is hopefully ready for when you come down.

Follow me on facebook!

Mermaid:
    Mermaid Star

Troup:
    Sea Star Studios

Performer:
    Alexie Star

Senior Member Pod of Texas taom's Avatar
    SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

I am going to post one mother loving review here later, but for now...

I have another video but it's not uploaded all the way yet

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    I love all of the pictures!!!! You look lovely!

Follow me on facebook!

Mermaid:
    Mermaid Star

Troup:
    Sea Star Studios

Performer:
    Alexie Star