Thread: Does anyone else find the design of the mermaid on this candy bar interesting?

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

Does anyone else find the design of the mermaid on this candy bar interesting?

I think it's interesting that the tail on this mermaid widens to indicate calves, and she clearly wearing a top that appears to be the same color and texture as her tail. It kinda seems like an image of someone in a costume rather than an actual mermaid.

I wonder whether the existence of mer costuming is influencing the concept of what a mermaid looks like.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I've seen stuff like in a lot of recent art.

I normally would image a mermaid, in my mind, having a tail thats very fluid. But more mermaid art not shows mermaids with knees and calves. Its interesting. But it makes all our tails look more realistic.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Aquatarian; 01-28-2017 at 06:38 PM.

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    I really do think people are catching on to the new anatomy through mer cosplaying!
    I really adore that fluke... not sure how well it would propel someone, though :P
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram