Thread: Greetings from Newcastle, Australia!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar

Greetings from Newcastle, Australia!

Hello to fellow mers!

As it says, I am from Newcastle, Australia!
    I have always loved the ocean, and always been a swimmer. My family used to joke that I am more fish, and less human. Much like you all I am guessing!
    I recently was invited to be in a mermaid photoshoot, which really excited me. It was from there that I bought a merfin (from Mahina Mermaid) and set about making my first tail. The aim was to be able to swim in the tail so begun my sewing adventures.
    From there I have simply made more accessories, trialed new tail making techniques and generally reveled in all sorts of crafty goodness!!
    I am passionate about my countries amazing beaches, lakes, and creeks, and their conservation. I am sure you have all heard and seen out Great Barrier Reef, and how that beautiful haven for all sea creatures is under threat. My voice has been added to the masses to help save what is left.
    I hope to find a pod of my own to call home!
    Thanks! And happy swimming!

(full credit to makeup/hair from
    https://www.facebook.com/SarahOswaldMakeupArtist/ and photo/editing from http://www.mapetitecoquetteboudoir.com/)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    That is such a beautiful photo. Welcome to MerNetwork.

Thanks so much! I certainly felt very magical. The photographer and MUA did an incredible job.

That feeling of magical has to be exciting. I'm hoping to have that feel once I put on the tail.

Oh you will. It's just the best. For fear of sounding cliché, it's like finally being in the right skin. It just fits.

Quote Originally Posted by moomer View Post
    Oh you will. It's just the best. For fear of sounding cliché, it's like finally being in the right skin. It just fits.
    That sound exciting Cliche is good.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Yay! Another Central Coast Mer! I used to live in Wyong, but I live in Sydney now.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Welcome! Australia must be amazing!

It is a pretty amazing country. Certainly not without its faults.
    One of our minor (but devastating) faults is that we are slowly staring to ban mermaid tails!
    It's awful!
    But lucky we have so many beautiful natural places to swim instead! Salt water mermaid right here!

Welcome to MerNetwork! I know I'm a little late but I really wanted to say I love that tail!! It's so pretty!!

Sent from my Shell-Phone

Thank you so much! It's such an easy tail to make because it's just fabric!

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    Welcome to MerNetwork ! <3

I'm glad there's still access to free places to swim where you are - I'm sure the tail bans are getting frustrating!
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by moomer View Post
    Hello to fellow mers!

As it says, I am from Newcastle, Australia!
    I have always loved the ocean, and always been a swimmer. My family used to joke that I am more fish, and less human. Much like you all I am guessing!
    I recently was invited to be in a mermaid photoshoot, which really excited me. It was from there that I bought a merfin (from Mahina Mermaid) and set about making my first tail. The aim was to be able to swim in the tail so begun my sewing adventures.
    From there I have simply made more accessories, trialed new tail making techniques and generally reveled in all sorts of crafty goodness!!
    I am passionate about my countries amazing beaches, lakes, and creeks, and their conservation. I am sure you have all heard and seen out Great Barrier Reef, and how that beautiful haven for all sea creatures is under threat. My voice has been added to the masses to help save what is left.
    I hope to find a pod of my own to call home!
    Thanks! And happy swimming!

(full credit to makeup/hair from
    https://www.facebook.com/SarahOswaldMakeupArtist/ and photo/editing from http://www.mapetitecoquetteboudoir.com/)
    Belated greetings from Melbourne! Hope you're enjoying this group. I know there are a couple of other Newcastle Mers around, your best bet for finding them is to join the Merfolk Pod of Oceania Facebook group and then make a post asking who is local to you. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Andrew View Post
    Belated greetings from Melbourne! Hope you're enjoying this group. I know there are a couple of other Newcastle Mers around, your best bet for finding them is to join the Merfolk Pod of Oceania Facebook group and then make a post asking who is local to you. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
    Hiya Merman Andrew!

I think we have been chatting on the Facebook post Oceania already
    But thanks!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Your tail is so beautiful! I love it!
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Thank you very much!! It's looking a little worse for wear now. I've been swimming in it a fair few times now.
    I'm currently working on my next tail

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk