Thread: What lip stick should I use for my underwater photo shoot?

What lip stick should I use for my underwater photo shoot?

Are there any brands that you guys recommend to make sure my lipstick doesn't come off while I am swimming?

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
    M

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I think I might be expected as the last person to answer this question however I kept all my connection in retail so I was actually able to get an answer to this. A couple of the dolphin trainers at SeaWorld Orlando buys MAC makeup (it's a brand) http://www.maccosmetics.com/. They do have a waterproof line and it does last all day on the trainer. They operate as a vendor in Belks here in the south. The MAC lady inside the store I work will ship free and can take orders over the phone. I will always suggest to look around and do your research. She is aware of the mermaiding community so I can provide her location phone number if you have question. I'm the cleaning and stock guy in that store so I get no credit for recommending btw. Hopefully that helps you out.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Tula's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Tula On Twitter Add Mermaid Tula on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Tula on Tumblr
    I've used Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour lipstick https://www.maybelline.com/lip-makeu...y-24-lip-color a few times. It's mostly in reds and pinks, though they do have some purples. Stila, makeup forever and Nyx also have some long wear waterproof lippies too. One thing you can try is going to Ulta or Sephora and talk to the workers there and ask them about waterproof lip color that will last through chlorinated, salt and fresh water.
    Hi! I'm Sam, aka Mermaid Tula, aka Comatose Angel.
    Hey everyone. I just opened my store on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/tulastidepool

Mermaid Tula's Facebook Page

User previously know as "Comatose_Angel"

Thank you!

I will try those out. Someone suggested Lipsense. Have you ever heard of it?

M

I use cover girl outlast lip color. It is about $7 at Target. It lasts all day, in the pool, eating, etc. If I am swimming I don't use the tube of gloss that comes with it. It makes your lips feel a little sticky at first so maybe not the creamiest , luscious lip stain, but it really lasts for me.
    Lilyrose Fish

I use NYX, both the liquid suede and the Full Throttle. First is a liquid, second is an actual lipstick! Tons of fun colors and some basic ones, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    I use OCC, you need to let it dry first but once it is you can do anything in it!

Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Yes to the Lipsense! I started using it in December and I'm in love

Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

Sephora Collection's Liquid Lip Stain (it's a liquid lipstick) is amazing! It's water-proof, smudge-proof and to a certain degree even food-proof! I love it so much.