Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Is the Pod of the South Facebook group active?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar

Help! Is the Pod of the South Facebook group active?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't seem to join it. Here the page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/309118012463977/ Everytime I try to join, it gets deny within 1 minute. I message all 3 admin about getting in and mention my mernetwork name but I'm hearing nothing at all. If the current admin abandon the group, may I create a new Pod of the South group? I know I can help build up the south pod. Thank you for any replies. Also please make a note here for anyone else that couldn't get into the facebook group as I know I'm not the only one.

Senior Member Pod of The South thatotakugalaxy's Avatar
    Add thatotakugalaxy on Facebook
    i've tried multiple times, it doesn't seem like its active ;-;

One more week of no answer, I'm going to make a new pod of the south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of The South thatotakugalaxy's Avatar
    Add thatotakugalaxy on Facebook
    Alright, Link it here once you finish and maybe i can help out in some way

Mermaid Nerine is in charge of that particular FB group, Mers of Florida (or Florida Merfolk) is another group you can try.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

I'll try that but pod of the south needs new admin or a new group. All 3 never even looked at the messages.

Survivor of cyberbullies

I'll go bug her. If your profile says that you are not from the south, it tends to throw her off.

I don't really want it to sound like a new guy is coming over and taking control. I see a community beyond Florida trying to grow but the last 9 months people are left out. Since Jan the pod of the south number went from 108 to 105. The other pod were they are the only 3 admins, they haven't had new members. All messages are unread from Facebook. I'm not trying to takeover Celeste. Next week will be a month of push with no results. I'd be happy to be a admin for the so people could join.

Survivor of cyberbullies

TBH, it's not that big of a deal. I don't think that it should be a closed group, because we are an ever-changing group of individuals with different ideas of what we want to get out of being merfolk- but the mods wanted to tighten security after some mers used the page for alternate purposes instead of meet ups and mermaid stuff. Again, don't worry about it, we will find a way of getting you and the others into the groups. Just be patient.

No problem

Survivor of cyberbullies

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    (I feel bad for not getting back to you, Slim) I did contact Nate to see what's up but he and I are pretty busy lately.

It's fine Wesley. We all get busy at some point. I'm happy you remember though

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    (I feel bad for not getting back to you, Slim) I did contact Nate to see what's up but he and I are pretty busy lately.

I just want to give an update that now the group won't even come up. I'm being patience about it but I think I might had been blocked by accident as they are (if they are) working on it. I know people can't fix what they don't know which is why I'm leaving this message.

I want to give a happy update that Rebela and I are now in the Pod of the South group. Thank you for everyone help

I keep sending requests and either they are being deleted, or ignored, I have a lot of friends in that group so idk if they think I'm not a mermaid or something (nevermind the giant mermaid coverphoto I have but okay) Or maybe it's because I live in AZ? I live in AZ but I visit the south a lot to visit family.

Help! Is the Pod of the South Facebook group active?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    I keep sending requests and either they are being deleted, or ignored, I have a lot of friends in that group so idk if they think I'm not a mermaid or something (nevermind the giant mermaid coverphoto I have but okay) Or maybe it's because I live in AZ? I live in AZ but I visit the south a lot to visit family.
    It's the admin. Send Iona a message on Facebook, the other admin won't let anyone in. Check the latest post in the b*tch it out post and you'll see what I mean. ☹️

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    those pod groups were all set up by nate back when mernetwork first started I think. Same with the pod groups here on mernetwork. Many of them (like the "Unions of pods of the North") had admin set who weren't even from the area, just seems like the same group of people adminning them? It seems like of the few that are active there have been some issues with each pod.

My advice is to just find some Florida groups for merfolk. When we couldn't make the Union of the Pods of the North work for us, we just made out own Canadian mermaid group instead The pods were created early on without much input from the people who actually live there, and based more on geographical location than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    those pod groups were all set up by nate back when mernetwork first started I think. Same with the pod groups here on mernetwork. Many of them (like the "Unions of pods of the North") had admin set who weren't even from the area, just seems like the same group of people adminning them? It seems like of the few that are active there have been some issues with each pod.

My advice is to just find some Florida groups for merfolk. When we couldn't make the Union of the Pods of the North work for us, we just made out own Canadian mermaid group instead The pods were created early on without much input from the people who actually live there, and based more on geographical location than anything.
    Thank you AniaR. That what I'm going to do with southeastern mers. The current situation for the region feels outcast as much as I hate to say it so it's the best idea. If you're ever in Florida, do join all of us for a swim at Alexander Spring.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Don't let one person who isnt even in that state make you feel bad. *hugs*

AniaR, I refuse to let anyone make me feel bad. When stuff like this happens around me, I always wonder how many else is it affecting and can anything get done. I will always end up better than where I started on any down situation. I may not be famous now but I know I will be later and I will always make the stand for everyone. Thank you for the hug. If you ever like to chat or view random cat pictures taken by me from my photo album, send me a friend request on Facebook. I'm always willing to talk, help, and be there for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Don't let one person who isnt even in that state make you feel bad. *hugs*

Survivor of cyberbullies