Thread: Finfolk Silicone tail Raffle

Finfolk Silicone tail Raffle

Hi Everyone!

I'm not sure if this thread already exists, but I wanted to let y'all know that FinFolk is having a raffle for a full silicone tail! Each ticket is only $25, and the price of your ticket pays for your tail. It's such an awesome opportunity, some lucky mer is going to win a custom full silicone tail for only $25! Plus, all proceeds are going to the twin's dad, they are raising money to help him with some medical costs. Honestly this opportunity is too good to pass up. Not only do you have a chance to win a full silicone tail for $25, but you are also donating to an excellent cause. Be sure to visit their website for more information.

Good Luck everyone!!

(p.s. if this thread already exists please go ahead and move or delete this message, I don't want to repeat something that has already been said!)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Tula's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Tula On Twitter Add Mermaid Tula on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Tula on Tumblr
    I saw that this afternoon! I'm exited and I'm hoping to enter it! 25$ is not a bad price for a full silicone tail!!
    Hi! I'm Sam, aka Mermaid Tula, aka Comatose Angel.
    Hey everyone. I just opened my store on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/tulastidepool

Mermaid Tula's Facebook Page

User previously know as "Comatose_Angel"

This is a wonderful idea. I bought a raffle ticket. I'm happy to contribute to their father's medical expenses and their tail business. That I'm also getting a chance at winning a full silicone mermaid tail is a great bonus.

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    I bought two, however I would of just donated; granted throwing in a tail obviously gets way more people involved -cause who wouldn't want a free one? One person mentioned they bought seven? I'm curious how'd it work out though, like would the money raised actually help cover the cost of the medical bills and the silicone materials? Guess it would depend on the tickets available. It's a great opportunity. I didn't know their dad designed the leggings. That's just so cool.

What one upgrade option would you do though? I say heels cause that's the only "flaw" (bad word but it's the best off the top of my head) I tend to see in their tails; the heels can be prominent, especially for some mers. It just depends on the tail and person. But what would you choose? (And why? )

^Good question. I'd pick scale tipping as an upgrade and keep the rest of the tail simple when it comes to fins etc. Perhaps just some small ankle and/or heel fins.

Reason: scale tipping adds depth and realism. Plus I fell in love with this simple tail: http://mernetwork.com/imgs/tailmakers/Mertailor.jpg I used to want every extra fin upgrade, but seeing this tail made me reconsider that. It even made me reconsider red as my mermaid tail, lol.
    Last edited by MermaidLiara; 02-10-2017 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer Coralia View Post
    I bought two, however I would of just donated; granted throwing in a tail obviously gets way more people involved -cause who wouldn't want a free one? One person mentioned they bought seven? I'm curious how'd it work out though, like would the money raised actually help cover the cost of the medical bills and the silicone materials? Guess it would depend on the tickets available. It's a great opportunity. I didn't know their dad designed the leggings. That's just so cool.

What one upgrade option would you do though? I say heels cause that's the only "flaw" (bad word but it's the best off the top of my head) I tend to see in their tails; the heels can be prominent, especially for some mers. It just depends on the tail and person. But what would you choose? (And why? )
    I would choose a dorsal fin! I have always found them so beautiful and adds an extra touch of fishyness. Of course, a silicone tail is still a while off for me (assuming I don't win the raffle) so I'm trying not to get too excited about anything yet.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I would do either some heel fins or the individual scale upgrade. Tough choice, but at least the money is for a good cause.
    ~Mermaid Kailani~

^I'm not sure if the individual scales will be an option for the winner, as it's much, much more expensive than the other upgrades. It costs about the same as the other upgrades combined.

But it would be cool if it was an option.

Oh I wish I could enter!!! I really really wish I could enter... I rarely have money for things though- School is so expensive! Still- this is quite the opportunity and it would be nice to help out... Urggg... XP

*Edit*

So- in an attempt to find money to send/be healthier- I decided I would give up one of my favorite fast food places on campus this term- because I go about 3 times a month- and so if I don't go for a month it'll basically be the same as buying a raffle ticket. - so I have purchased a ticket, and AM NOT allowed to eat out "just because" until finals! I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope Scotty gets better soon!!!
    Last edited by SteampunkMermaid01; 02-10-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    we donated to their gofundme, and also bought a ticket

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    I donated to both and wish for a speedy recovery
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLyara View Post
    ^I'm not sure if the individual scales will be an option for the winner, as it's much, much more expensive than the other upgrades. It costs about the same as the other upgrades combined.

But it would be cool if it was an option.

Yeah... I started thinking that'd be a cool option too, but it's just so expensive compared to the rest and time consuming. Still cool to consider though.

Quote Originally Posted by SteampunkMermaid01 View Post
    Oh I wish I could enter!!! I really really wish I could enter... I rarely have money for things though- School is so expensive! Still- this is quite the opportunity and it would be nice to help out... Urggg... XP

*Edit*

So- in an attempt to find money to send/be healthier- I decided I would give up one of my favorite fast food places on campus this term- because I go about 3 times a month- and so if I don't go for a month it'll basically be the same as buying a raffle ticket. - so I have purchased a ticket, and AM NOT allowed to eat out "just because" until finals! I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope Scotty gets better soon!!!

Good for you! Best of luck! I did a food reset recently, barely for two weeks and my tastebuds changed drastically, like I started getting stomachs from sugar, so I ended it early. I can't give that stuff up Dx (I'm too picky and I have a major sweet tooth)

But the fast food can really crunch your wallet so good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    we donated to their gofundme, and also bought a ticket

Wait they have one?? That would have been nice to know. =/ Can someone still link it? Did they post it in Instagram?

Why is it when I don't check in on the mer community for a little while something like this happens and I miss out?
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus