Thread: Tail Dimensions?

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod

Lightbulb Tail Dimensions?

I have an idea for something but I need to get an idea on what most people have for tail dimensions.To try and find the average size. Silicone tails overall length and width(widest part 2nd to the fluke). Fluke length (just above the ankles) and width. Weight (rounded up to nearest pound) Photos appreciated as well. THANKS!!!

Also as a bonus question. What items do you always need when you take your tail to your swimming hole? (oils to help get on, most common accessories, etc)
    Last edited by amaya1700; 02-13-2017 at 03:14 AM.
    Amaya1700

Just try to remember that the more silicone you're using the heavier it will be. My first tail- I made the fluke a fine size (about 2-1/2 ft) but I put Too Much silicone in the mold and it made the tail 1000 lbs (not Literally)

But the demmensions do Not have to get that specific- just sculpt out a design that You like and that you think you could swim easiest with and it will be perfect for you !

Here's some pix for you-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod

Lightbulb Tail Dimensions

I want to thank you for the info you gave. I guess I should be a little more clear in my original post. I am not making a tail but I am making an invention for silicone tails. It will be adjustable I just need to start with some averages on dimensions.
    Amaya1700