Thread: Is creation sirene really that bad?

Is creation sirene really that bad?

Hey everyone, I'm looking into getting a decent tail and I came across Creation Sirene, a tailmaker based out of France. The prices are much better than any other tail maker I've seen so far so I was exited to get an estimate on how much a tail from them would cost. Talking to this tailmaker has been frustrating as they don't speak English and I'm not sure how much I say is being lost in translation and how much is simply being ignored. I am currently trying to figure out what measurements I need to supply them because the diagram on their website translates into pure nonsense and they keep telling me that they need the measurements indicated on the diagram. I have told them multiple times that I can't read the diagram but they still respond the same way...
    because I was getting frustrated I decided to snoop them out here to see if this is a normal problem with them and dang it sounds like this person is just a pain to work with... I also hear that their quality of work is pretty awful...
    im pretty bummed hearing about this since this was the first tailmaker I had found in my price range but I'm glad I heard before I went and purchased a tail from this person.

I was interested in getting a partial latex tail from them which would probably run me around $400-$600, which is about my price range, is the quality worth the price or is there just no such thing as a nice tail that cheap?

If you're looking for a partial tail, I sell neoprene/silicone tails that start at $260. You can find a link to my facebook page in my signature.

I was around when the initial issues with creation sirene were around, and honestly even if I weren't a tailmaker I wouldn't suggest them. She makes her monofins with acrylic which is incredibly unsafe, along with other issues.

There are a few other affordable tail options, like mertailor's basic tails, and finfolks mythic tails which both fit within your price range I believe.

Haha I'm talking to you right now on facebook actually
    Yeah between everything I've heard and how difficult it is to talk to her I think I'm going to avoid doing business with her..

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Yes she really is that bad. I havent seen a legitimate single happy customer.

Yeah she is bad, actually last week another unhappy customer posted in the mermaids group on Facebook with pictures of the tail, it was total crap. I would go with purple mermaid studios, their tails are affordable and NOT latex (latex can cause severe allergic reactions in people and you don't want to send some poor child into shock or worst).
    There is also Matty's company (I'm so sorry I can't remember the name, I always forget the name lol) which I think makes partial tails beginning at $700 or so?

Is it bad that I actually want to see ALL the tails she's put out to customers? Like they all look pretty bad but I would like to see if she's maybe evolved/learned anything over the years or if the customers are always the same ones who don't know much about the community/tailmakers or if she's got some pretty informed people too, I'm also very curious about the paint jobs because they're very flat and odd to me.

Sleepy Siren, I totally understand wanting to go with a less expensive option, but in this case, you need to DEMAND that she uses a polycarbonate/Lexan or refuse the order if she will only use acrylic. The acrylic WILL break, and it will break in shards.

Hi I'm late to this but I'm the producer of a mermaid web series being filmed this summer, creation sirene offered me a discounted tail as it is to be featured on the show but after a month of communicating she then told me it would take 4 months to be bad and that doesn't include shipping time, I also found that she didn't supply much information to me and was hard to talk to

I'm in the process of actually buying a silicone tail from her and I really didn't know about the bad reviews! When I first ordered from her, she did ignore a few questions I asked such as how long will it take to ship etc and the English isn't tragic but not amazing. I ordered the tail on the 7th of May and she said she is starting work on it tomorrow (3rd July). The tail won't be getting here till late September. The measurement instruction are completely insane to read due to bad translation though. I ordered the Goldfish Silicone tail. I will keep updating this thread when I get more information. When I receive it, I will be doing a review and take photos for you guys to see.

Just found out she use to use bad materials. https://youtu.be/5h239njltsI

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepySiren View Post

I was interested in getting a partial latex tail from them which would probably run me around $400-$600, which is about my price range, is the quality worth the price or is there just no such thing as a nice tail that cheap?

Mermaid Mazu sells hybrid silicon/neoprene tails at your price range, shes great to work with and you can completely customize your tail and she doesn't charge for paint jobs ill drop some pics of my tail in progress and her regular tails.

She recently added the 3D scale option to her shop, actually my tail is the second one shes made in this style and she did great!Her regular tails have a flat scale as opposed to the raised scale look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest mermaid mazu's Avatar
    Aww ty for the shout out Mortimer. Far I was actually going to comment on your ordeal before I realized you were already in this conversation. Share your story here

Banned
    Follow MermaidAnnabella On Twitter
    Visit MermaidAnnabella's Youtube Channel
    I almost ordered a tail from her until my friend told me to check out Mernetwork for comments about her work.
    To be fair - her English isn't great because she's based in France. If you were a tail maker and had a customer that only spoke French and little English, it'd be unfair of you to get annoyed when it's simply a communication barrier. When I talked to her I used google translate so she could speak clearly and freely and that helped me form a positive opinion of her.

Her tails on the outside are beautiful, so it's a real shame that she dupes buyers this way. On the bright side, if you buy a tail from her on Etsy and it becomes unsafe or different from the description, you can open up a case with Etsy to get a refund and protect your purchase.

Banned
    Follow MermaidAnnabella On Twitter
    Visit MermaidAnnabella's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    Is it bad that I actually want to see ALL the tails she's put out to customers? Like they all look pretty bad but I would like to see if she's maybe evolved/learned anything over the years or if the customers are always the same ones who don't know much about the community/tailmakers or if she's got some pretty informed people too, I'm also very curious about the paint jobs because they're very flat and odd to me.

If this helps, you can see her past sales on Etsy. Looks like she did an H2o knockoff, which is a no-no: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Creationmermaid/sold