Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: NC Mermania 2018 official thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaidcassidy View Post
    I am getting the thick silicone mermaid tail from mernation. ( so sometimes people ship via UPS? ) the don't fly them as checked luggage? Is everyone excited for the next mermainia !!! )
    This year's MerMania was SO much fun. My point about your tail is that it wouldn't fit in carry-on - shipping it might be the way to go, if you don't have a large enough suitcase. Also, I think fragile Shipping would be less damaging than luggage on an airline.

Quote Originally Posted by MerGreg View Post
    This year's MerMania was SO much fun. My point about your tail is that it wouldn't fit in carry-on - shipping it might be the way to go, if you don't have a large enough suitcase. Also, I think fragile Shipping would be less damaging than luggage on an airline.
    How did the last mermainia work did you just pay for like a pass for the whole convention or pay for access to each event. I have never been to a convention before. If I come by myself is it easy to get to know people to do things with? I'm kinda afraid of being the person who showed up to have fun but wind up as a quite wall flower lol.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    there were convention passes, and then certain events were separate due to needing exact numbers prior (such as the ball)

we plan to have a limited amount of "all inclusive passes" that include everything, but because we still need to put in food orders by a certain date, anything with food has to be separate!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    there were convention passes, and then certain events were separate due to needing exact numbers prior (such as the ball)

we plan to have a limited amount of "all inclusive passes" that include everything, but because we still need to put in food orders by a certain date, anything with food has to be separate!
    Thats awesome, I hope I can snag one. I'd love to meet and talk with new friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    How did the last mermainia work did you just pay for like a pass for the whole convention or pay for access to each event. I have never been to a convention before. If I come by myself is it easy to get to know people to do things with? I'm kinda afraid of being the person who showed up to have fun but wind up as a quite wall flower lol.
    This is the PERFECT description of me this past winter. I had only heard this entire community even exists on the Monday before. (Needless to say, didn't fly - about a 5 or 6 hour drive each way.) I knew nobody, I knew nothing about mer-life.

I HAD A BLAST.

Satine, this is the friendliest bunch of folks you could hope for. I certainly started out as a wallflower when I first arrived at the Aquatic Center on Saturday afternoon, but by Saturday evening at the Ball, I was a full-on Part Of The Group.

Hope to see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by MerGreg View Post
    This is the PERFECT description of me this past winter. I had only heard this entire community even exists on the Monday before. (Needless to say, didn't fly - about a 5 or 6 hour drive each way.) I knew nobody, I knew nothing about mer-life.

I HAD A BLAST.

Satine, this is the friendliest bunch of folks you could hope for. I certainly started out as a wallflower when I first arrived at the Aquatic Center on Saturday afternoon, but by Saturday evening at the Ball, I was a full-on Part Of The Group.

Hope to see you there!
    i am so excited !!! I can't wait for Raina to put out the info and to be able to to purchase tickets for the even, the plane and the room.

I now have a gym membership, a personal trainer, my tail is paid for except for a few extra fins, and I have started saveing money for the trip, I can't wait to meet awesome mers. ( would love to drag my bf along but he prob wouldn't come if I asked )

I'm gonna try to come next year!

I'm planning to be there this year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk