Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NC Mermania 2018 official thread

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    the hotel rate was discounted ($120), and was the lowest rate we could get in the entire area while still having all the amenities that people wanted. It wasn't fancy, it was honestly, just basic. if we went fancy, it would have been 199$ a night.

we are switching to a different hotel for 2018 and aiming to keep the price the same or if we can, lower.

Senior Member Pod of The South thatotakugalaxy's Avatar
    Add thatotakugalaxy on Facebook
    so i should save about 400 dollars...? 300 for 2 nights, and 100 for food and other things..?
    St Augustine FL mermaid! I'm a bit crazy, but I swear I can be fun to be around

I am getting excited already!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    the hotel rate was discounted ($120), and was the lowest rate we could get in the entire area while still having all the amenities that people wanted. It wasn't fancy, it was honestly, just basic. if we went fancy, it would have been 199$ a night.

we are switching to a different hotel for 2018 and aiming to keep the price the same or if we can, lower.
    That's cool I can't wait to hear more...I know our room was about 142 or something at the end...

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

oh lord... thats alot!!

Quote Originally Posted by thatotakugalaxy View Post
    oh lord... thats alot!!
    I mean the hotel itself I found really cool, just because I have never been anywhere like it before. I feel like it's not so bad compared to other hotel rates now a days that aren't like a Motel 8

XD true

I can't really tell you what to save until we confirm the costs on our end which will be another few months. it'll all be posted here, and on FB, and on the website

Do you usually try to choose hotels with saltwater pools? I can't go to this one, but I'd love to eventually go to a mermania. However, I would not be able to swim in chlorine pools, since I have moderate reactions to them. (Even the chlorine content in my tap water where I live makes me feel like I need to rip my own skin off if I'm in it for long.) I'm just wondering. Also, it's probably a good thing to make widely known, because I know there are other people with low tolerance for chlorine.

Alrighty!:3 i'll go ahead and have extra money for the trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the hotel pool is more an after hours thing, it's not party of the main convention, and most pools have chlorine. we have to choose a hotel that fits the most amount of needs.

I understand. So great if it is saltwater, but that's not a priority. XD I'll still end up making it to mermania eventually though, because I'm going to have to meet other mer people. XD

Isn't the dive well at the GAC a saltwater pool? Cause I can usually swim in chlorine just fine, but that made my eyes sting a lot.

yeah the GAC was salt.

Hey folks we've had some more media come out, this is from BBC!

Here is a clipped version of the interview that went to air: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04txlrq

And the video with Dan's audio on the website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04txkn9

Here is the post on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BBCOutlook/...5014158952902/

I'd love to go to MerMania this year. It would be my first time attending. There's just one problem though: Unless my family has a good reason to go to North Carolina at the time of the convention, I seriously doubt I'd be able to travel that far. It would take a few days to drive there and back, nevermind hotel costs.
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Celestia View Post
    I'd love to go to MerMania this year. It would be my first time attending. There's just one problem though: Unless my family has a good reason to go to North Carolina at the time of the convention, I seriously doubt I'd be able to travel that far. It would take a few days to drive there and back, nevermind hotel costs.
    Oh, honey chile. Carolina BBQ and hush puppies ALONE are Good Reason To Go To North Carolina!!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Next one is January 2018...so you've got some time to come up with a reason to get there!
    Last edited by PearlieMae; 03-03-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Next one is January 2018...so you've got some time to come up with a reason to get there!
    actually we havent confirmed it'll be in January. we are trying to work with the GAC to find a date in winter or spring where they can provide us with more pool space. our priority this time around is making sure we get more pool space! But we're trying to keep it within Jan-April.

How much does it cost to attend MerMania? I tried clicking the link the website offered, but it came up as an "Error" page. :/
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."