Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NC Mermania 2018 official thread

Speaking of vending: How many people would be interested in chainmaille/scale maille items for purchase? I wore the bronze and gold scale maille armor at the last Mermainia. My husband makes it, and jewelry as well. I am trying to convince him to vend next year and I was wondering if this is something people would be interested in? I can post pics of my armor, and links to his facebook page if anyone is interested in seeing his work. Thanks, and I can't wait to see everyone!

Junior Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Curls View Post
    Speaking of vending: How many people would be interested in chainmaille/scale maille items for purchase? I wore the bronze and gold scale maille armor at the last Mermainia. My husband makes it, and jewelry as well. I am trying to convince him to vend next year and I was wondering if this is something people would be interested in? I can post pics of my armor, and links to his facebook page if anyone is interested in seeing his work. Thanks, and I can't wait to see everyone!
    Extremely interested!! I would love to be able to see photos!!
    life is short... smile while you still have teeth

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Oh I remember seeing yours last year and thinking dang she should sell that hahah

Here is a link to his facebook page, Dreams In Chains. https://www.facebook.com/DreamsinChains/

The armor in my avatar is his.

AniaR, I know, right?
    Last edited by Mermaid Curls; 07-10-2017 at 04:03 PM. Reason: addressing a specific person

I won't be able to go, but I have been wondering why more people didn't use the anodized aluminum scale maille. It seems to me like the perfect material, but then, I also do chainmaille.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

How do merfolk who are from out of town and flying in usually get there from the air port? Dose everyone just usually take a taxi? I am 24 so not quite old enough to rent a car. Also all of you who fly with your tail how do you do it?

I really hope I can save up the money to go! I'd love to meet other mers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaidcassidy View Post
    How do merfolk who are from out of town and flying in usually get there from the air port? Dose everyone just usually take a taxi? I am 24 so not quite old enough to rent a car. Also all of you who fly with your tail how do you do it?

I know at others cons I've gone to there's typically airport busses that go from the air port to all the major hotels but you could always uber

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)

I am pretty sure there was a shuttle last year.

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm bringing few other girls and we are all rooming together, hopefully at the closest hotel. If saving money is an issue, we might have room in the hotel?

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook

Really should not be a problem. Renting a car would be rather pointless anyway, as everything is close together.

Quote Originally Posted by Audrielle View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm bringing few other girls and we are all rooming together, hopefully at the closest hotel. If saving money is an issue, we might have room in the hotel?

That at sounds like a awesome idea! I am trying to figure out all the costs right now! Like my plane ticket from Houston to the closest air port there witch I'm not even sure witch one it is lol. And how many days the convention will be. ( can't wait for Raina to post all the info )

i am am also trying to work up the nerve to ask my boyfriend if he will go with me! Lol

That at sounds like a awesome idea! I am trying to figure out all the costs right now! Like my plane ticket from Houston to the closest air port there witch I'm not even sure witch one it is lol. And how many days the convention will be. ( can't wait for Raina to post all the info )

i am am also trying to work up the nerve to ask my boyfriend if he will go with me! Lol

Haha! I understand that as well! It is quite a difficult question.

Quote Originally Posted by Audrielle View Post
    Haha! I understand that as well! It is quite a difficult question.
    Hahahaha yeah plus I am a bit of a wimp. I have asked him if he would go with me to a convention and he said ,Anne depends on what it's about and when lol ......... gotta broach the whole mermaid topic with him lol but I looked at planet tickets and they aren't as bad as I thought they would be.

Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Hahahaha yeah plus I am a bit of a wimp. I have asked him if he would go with me to a convention and he said ,Anne depends on what it's about and when lol ......... gotta broach the whole mermaid topic with him lol but I looked at planet tickets and they aren't as bad as I thought they would be.
    Plane Tix aren't all that bad, esp. if you can get them far enough in advance and shop around online.

The kicker is the Check Luggage fee - and if you have a Tail, you're checking at least one bag.

Some people will rent cars like I did and we can car pool. I think once everything is figured out more threads will appear looking for room and car sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by MerGreg View Post
    Plane Tix aren't all that bad, esp. if you can get them far enough in advance and shop around online.

The kicker is the Check Luggage fee - and if you have a Tail, you're checking at least one bag.

So so when you fly with a tail you check it? I wish I had my tail and could see if it fit in a suit case.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    It's just an idea but in the past some airlines use to have a promo with the UPS Stores where you can get half off shipping to the location you are flying to by showing proof of the plane ticket. With everyone having tails, I wonder if it would be worth anyone wild to talk to a shipping store and see if they will allow a bulk rate to make things cheaper for all of us. That way we get a discounted rate on sending our tail and not have to worry about how to bring our tails onto a plane. It's just an idea.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Add MerGreg on Facebook
    So so when you fly with a tail you check it? I wish I had my tail and could see if it fit in a suit case.
    Fabric tails go into suitcases. No, I mean the big silicone tails - those are NOT carry-on.

Quote Originally Posted by MerGreg View Post
    Fabric tails go into suitcases. No, I mean the big silicone tails - those are NOT carry-on.
    I am getting the thick silicone mermaid tail from mernation. ( so sometimes people ship via UPS? ) the don't fly them as checked luggage? Is everyone excited for the next mermainia !!! )