Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: NC Mermania 2018 official thread

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    he owns it, so no one else can use mermania. someone will have to make their own

AniaR, would you mind messaging me about this idea? I have a few questions about what it would require to set up an event like MerMania.
    Mermaid Titania
    A traveling mermaid - mostly west coast USA and abroad but you'll never know where she might pop up!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Would it be possible to try and set up a new merfolk convention for 2019? That is if 2018 is too soon.

I'm Im not sure what the cost would be, and I'm sure setting up a convention of that size is extremely difficult.

to be honest guys I am bowing out until Dan steps up. I appreciate everyone reaching out but the issues are vast and not really anything anyone but he can do.

anyone can do a mermaid convention. You just can't call it "mermania" . It cost about 40k to put on mermania and I suspect a third one would be between 60-70k based on how much the first 2 grew.

Check out the most recent post on the NC- Mermania page on facebook!!

None of the staff were consulted before Dan made that post. No idea what's going on.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    None of the staff were consulted before Dan made that post. No idea what's going on.
    I don’t think he knows what he’s doing. 3 months left on the time he picked is going to be a disaster. There just too many attendees and no time for a proper plan . I’m afraid people are going to get hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Saw your reply to him, Ania. I'm appalled by his treatment of you and Venessa.

yeah I don't really know what to say. He can do what he wants but it's a shame all my hard work went to waste.

yeah I don't really know what to say. He can do what he wants but it's a shame all my hard work went to waste.
    Wow Raina I'm so sorry about what happened. I hope you are going to be compensated for all of the time and money you spent on this. I hope things get resolved soon.

Seems way too risky for myself to make plans to go out there with all thats been going on.
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    I really hate to see this happening! This is convention is really the only time I get to be with other Mers, but seeing the way Dan has treated Raina and Vanessa, I don’t know how I feel about it anymore.

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

yeah it's really hard for me I worked so much to make it a reputable name and gain some klout so people would feel good about attending. *sigh* I think this is just a big sign I need to cultivate more in my own country

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    yeah it's really hard for me I worked so much to make it a reputable name and gain some klout so people would feel good about attending. *sigh* I think this is just a big sign I need to cultivate more in my own country
    Much love to you Raina! Also to Sean, Vanessa and everyone else who worked so hard for MerMainia!

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

I am sooooo sorry Raina.i don’t know what happened but for someone to make you feel this way is awe full !!!! I was really hopeing to get to go to mermainia and meet you this year. This guy must be the biggest jerk to make you feel that way !!!! You are sooooo special and an inspiration to sooooo many out there. You help me get through my day and keep my head up. Maybe one day I’ll make it to Canada to meet you and see all of the wonders >.^

Dont let let this man get you down.

lots of love from here in Texas

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Shame this happened, especially since the con was growing in popularity and should have gotten MORE viable, not less. I wonder if some of the money for a new con could be raised through crowdfunding.

yeah it's super frustrating! The problem with crowdfunding is people expect something in return often, like will someone donate 50$ but then still pay for a ticket? you know?

Anyway here's the latest update

As far as the official Mermania the future is uncertain. After lengthy discussions with Dan I'm still unsure of what will happen with the main convention. However, Dan would still like to host a meetup in January for people who can attend, it just wont be an actual con.

It's terrible having all that work go down the drain. I honestly wish things had been communicated better so that doesn't have to happen.

A successful event deserves that much, and it's far better to miss a year than deliver a substandard third edition with in so little time.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

AGREE. I had no issue doing a later in the year 2018, or an early 2019. He just seems to hellbent on January.... the fact of the matter is we can't do this event at the same scale or larger without more pool space. And either the GAC meets our need or we go to a different facility.

Oh man i wish it wasnt so far from me! I would love to go meet the mermaid community in person!