Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: NC Mermania 2018 official thread

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    you're in California? They have the Sacramento Mermaid weekend there.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    you're in California? They have the Sacramento Mermaid weekend there.
    Yes! I am in Sacramento!, i will look into it thank you

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    yeah it's super frustrating! The problem with crowdfunding is people expect something in return often, like will someone donate 50$ but then still pay for a ticket? you know?
    Unfortunately, yeah, it would be hard to crowdfund without some kind of reward.

What really sucks about this is that the first two years seemed to do so well and there’s plenty of opportunity for this to get bigger, especially with mermaids being so popular right now. And shoot, I imagine that the live action Little Mermaid will only increase popularity. Seeing Dan basically give up on Mermania is disappointing. If I made more money I’d definitely support another convention.

yeah I have investigated a lot of options... it's frustrating for everyone. but TBH it was quite traumatizing running it, LOL

How much does it cost to join in on Mermainia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please answer how much does it cost to get in to Mermania

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's not happening.

So sad to hear that

Sent from my SM-N950U using MerNetwork mobile app

I was planning on attending this year for my first ever mermania

sorry guys. not my choice.

sorry guys. not my choice.
    It's ok I just wish things could have worked out thanks for all your efforts and working so hard to try to pull it off @AniaR

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by themusicalmermaid View Post
    I was planning on attending this year for my first ever mermania
    On the flipside, sounds like other large meets are being planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    On the flipside, sounds like other large meets are being planned.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    NC Mer-Mania will return. We have simply run into a snag trying to grow the event.

Our venue, the Greensboro Aquatic Center, could not grant us additional space during what is their busy season. Last time, we had 300+ mermaids in a pool designed for a maximum of 193 swimmers. We had four folks in scuba gear when only one was allowed. We had mermaids with infants in a pool that was clearly marked as being for advanced swimmers only. And of course there was the obligatory drama.

I am in constant communication with the GAC, regarding NC Mer-Mania. They want us back. We may simply have to move to a different timeframe is all.

New is forthcoming! We appreciate your patience!
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Our venue, the Greensboro Aquatic Center, could not grant us additional space during what is their busy season. Last time, we had 300+ mermaids in a pool designed for a maximum of 193 swimmers. We had four folks in scuba gear when only one was allowed. We had mermaids with infants in a pool that was clearly marked as being for advanced swimmers only. And of course there was the obligatory drama.

I am in constant communication with the GAC, regarding NC Mer-Mania. They want us back. We may simply have to move to a different timeframe is all.

Literally what we told you for MONTHS and you ignored us. We already talked to the Gac, and had several dates, we were waiting on you and you just ignored messages for months.

Cookie has literally managed to organize a meetup in NC

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    NC Mer-Mania will return. We have simply run into a snag trying to grow the event.

New is forthcoming! We appreciate your patience!

EAT A DICK, Daniel. You are all talk.

You seem to forget that YOU are the sole reason why we currently do not have an official Mermania 3.0 this year.
    DON’T even act like it is not a big deal. We lost amazing sponsors because YOU ignored emails for months.
    Last edited by Merman Arion; 01-26-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Literally what we told you for MONTHS and you ignored us. We already talked to the Gac, and had several dates, we were waiting on you and you just ignored messages for months.

Cookie has literally managed to organize a meetup in NC[/COLOR]

I talked with the GAC about moving off of January... February, March, April, May were all declined by the venue when it came to reserving more than the Diving Well.

Cookie managed to pay to reserve a few lanes at TAC, a policy GAC does not hold but is now considering, thanks to Mer-Mania. We have their attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post

EAT A DICK, Daniel. You are all talk. You seem to forget that YOU are the sole reason why we currently do not have an official Mermania 3.0 this year.
    DON’T even act like it is not a big deal. We lost amazing sponsors because YOU ignored emails for months.
    We have those here, Arion... though the slippery dick is a bit small for eating.
    I am NOT the sole reason for moving off of the January timeframe. The GAC simply could not grant us additional space.
    Stay tuned for "official" news of NC Mer-Mania 2018...
    Lost amazing sponsors? Whaaa? News to me.. We have amazing sponsors ready to make our next gathering quite amazing.

Name:  slipperydick.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  42.9 KB

For everyone else I apologize, but since Dan ignores every single message and email and he seems to be posting and paying attention here, it's the only place I can seem to actually get him to listen

Maybe while you're doing that you can set the record straight with Eric Nova who STILL claims *I* wouldn't let Naja sponsor the event. You watch these people lie about our hard work all the time and never ever ever speak up. You watch them lie and say we "falsified a police report" a report YOU made as well but we take the fall for that. Your buddy whose stuff you're always liking just said "Alex the cripple" and Venessa and I deserve to be led into a gas chamber.

You couldn't possibly hang us out more to dry. Or run us over anymore. We gave up so much to run this event. So much. And even after a year, we get so much abuse because you can't back us up and tell the truth. A YEAR later these people still twisting it all around and using it as an excuse to harass us and threaten us and lie about us.

We had to pass on sponsorship from Finis, Finfun, and other big companies. Ive had every single major media group contact me in the past year as recently as yesterday. Not just in the US but UK. You STILL haven't read the messages we sent you. STILL. MAYBE IF YOU EVER READ ANYTHING WE HAVE EVER SENT YOU YOU'D KNOW HOW MUCH WE LOST.

PS:
    thanks to Mer-Mania. We have their attention

Thanks to our hard work actually. They were frustrated you never replied to their communication, and even contacted me in Canada for something not mermania related because they couldn't get ahold of you.
    Last edited by AniaR; 01-26-2018 at 08:04 PM.