Thread: Mermaid Dreams

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar

Mermaid Dreams

Hello everyone! Has anyone of you mers ever had a mermaid dream before? (If there is already a thread discussing this, feel free to delete this)

Last night while I was staying at my friends house I had a mermaid themed dream. I dreamt I met Mermaid Melissa and swam in her tails. It was the most interesting dream I've ever had. What have been your mermaid dreams?

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    Well, I've had one where I had an orca tail [with the dorsal and pectoral fins!] and swam with a whole pod of orcas. I could understand them, and they sang to me in voices like angels!
    It felt so real and so nice... I wish I could dream that again

Your dream sounds pretty cool, too! <3
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rebela Hunter View Post
    Well, I've had one where I had an orca tail [with the dorsal and pectoral fins!] and swam with a whole pod of orcas. I could understand them, and they sang to me in voices like angels!
    It felt so real and so nice... I wish I could dream that again

Your dream sounds pretty cool, too! <3
    Wow! When I was dreaming, I dreamt I swam really fast and strongly in Mermaid Melissa's tails. The one I was wearing fit me but it was a little big in the waist.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I have mer dreams about 2 times a week. I should start detailing them here the next time I have one. Please keep in mind there may be a lot of detail because I am very much a lucid dreamer For those others who are lucid dreamers, sleep with a pillow resting on above your ankle on your legs to help trigger your mind a tail feeling. Doing that almost always trigger the mer dreams to me. I promise detail on the next dream. I don't remember enough detail of the one I had last night.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merdude Ricky's Avatar
    I remember one dream I had. I was walking around outside of my house and when I was about to go inside I remember looking under one of our cars for some reason. Under the car was a mermaid. She was scared and curled up. I helped get her out of there and put her in a tub and prepared to take her back to the ocean. I don't remember many details because I had that dream when I was a kid. I think I've talked about this dream in a different thread. Don't remember what I wrote there though I hope dream me got her to the ocean.
    Formerly known as FishyRicky

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I have mer dreams about 2 times a week. I should start detailing them here the next time I have one. Please keep in mind there may be a lot of detail because I am very much a lucid dreamer For those others who are lucid dreamers, sleep with a pillow resting on above your ankle on your legs to help trigger your mind a tail feeling. Doing that almost always trigger the mer dreams to me. I promise detail on the next dream. I don't remember enough detail of the one I had last night.
    I want to hear all about it! The more detail the MERrier!

I don't got much time to really post a detail of the one from last night because having to work shortly. One of my favorite thing to do in a dream is to find a mirror and tap my index finger one that. It's always like a 50% chance it'll result in a ripple. That when that kind of dream goes awesome because I'll through that mirror "portal" to an alternate reality of the same exact dream. The key differences is well...it's all underwater and the legs become a tail. It's still the same above land look but it's all underwater and you swim all over the place. Sometime I'll try to go through the dream like normal and testing out how much I can goof around. It's always always a surreal experience until you wake up. Then it becomes a disappointment because well..legs. One of the more entertaining part is watching a bunch of mers race in the subway tunnels as they are basically glorified race tracks for mermaids and merman. I'll tell more about other mer related dreams when I get the chance. Time for me to head for work.

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod Meerihua's Avatar
    I used to have dreams where I could swim and breathe underwater a lot (probably because I stopped breathing in my sleep.) Lately, not so much. But last night I did have a dream that I was able to buy all of the fabric-y items for a spandex tail from Hobby Lobby. All I needed was my monofin! I was really excited until I woke up and realized I was still in a household with non-mer-understanding people. :\

I had a dream where there was a flat wooden bridge going across a pretty lake (it could have even been a spring) and I was walking across it and at one point in the bridge it had steps going up to a covered portion. Sitting on the steps was Mermaid Raina and I was really surprised and I started talking to her about her tail. She had on a tail that was green-yellow with a light pink fluke. The tail looked like rock candy. I asked Raina about it and she said it was a fabric tail that she covered in coconut oil and sugar using some kind of process that made the ingredients crystallize on the tail. I asked her how she kept it from disintegrating and she pointed to the heel area where the texture was already 'melting' off. Raina said that it wasn't a permanent thing - that she only did this to a tail for special occasions. Then we looked over the edge of the bridge and Mermaid Mutiny was happily swimming around and Raina jumped into the water to join her. Then I just walked along the dock following them as they swam around.

It was a bit odd but it was a great dream. Unfortunately I don't remember anything else from the dream. I think a lot happened in it but I only remembered the mermaid part haha.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

I've had several mermaid dreams on and off for the past few weeks. In one of them I took a quiz to enter a mermaid academy, in another I was spending a day at a pool with Mermaid Melissa, and in another one I was swimming around with a mermaid I didn't recognize and someone I know decided to buy me a tail. All of those dreams ended way to soon....
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Since I started mermaiding twice a week, I haven't had no more mermaid dream since. It kind of makes me worry as I accomplish my other dreams if I'm going to stop dreaming about it at night.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

I had my first tail dream this morning. Pink and green sparkly samples were being made.
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/ZNXtyNg9u1SF2" width="480" height="272" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>