Thread: Heart Attacks vs Mermaiding

Heart Attacks vs Mermaiding

So, I've been speaking with my parents about learning to becoming a mermaid, and told them all about it, the risks, how it could help me, etc. And their number one goal is to get me healthy. My heart is weak, it will be weak for the rest of my life. So our goal right now is to put a little extra weight off of my heart, so I have to change my life style. I thought that, since I'm mermaiding, I'll be working with cardio and core work, that I could add it to my daily routine.

I can swim competitively for five hours, with breaks and not have any problems, and sense each gig is roughly 45 minutes-2 hours, I thought I would be safe. Are there any other mermaids/men in the community who have heart problems as well? If so, how do you deal with it in your mermaiding buisness?

Hello! I have asthma and a tachycardia. I find that swimming in general has been really helpful for both (along with finding the right medication). It really forces you to regulate your body. Mermaiding is not that different really. I would say i experienced cramps mor often until i built up more muscles for that kick action. And especially with the above issues i NEVER mermaid without a buddy.

As far as the businsess side goes I'm more geared towards entertaining kids than free-diving so i mostly stay in the shallows and its not physically exerting really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk