Thread: New Maryland Mermaid here!

New Maryland Mermaid here!

Hey everyone! My name is Jessi, mermaid name Sirena. I am totally new to mermaid community but have loved mermaids for as long as I can remember. I am from Maryland and would love to chat with some other mermaids from the area! I don't own a tail yet, but I am going to work on that right away!

Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeeHerSparkle3899 View Post
    Hey everyone! My name is Jessi, mermaid name Sirena. I am totally new to mermaid community but have loved mermaids for as long as I can remember. I am from Maryland and would love to chat with some other mermaids from the area! I don't own a tail yet, but I am going to work on that right away!

Can't wait to meet everyone!!
    Nice to meet you! I live in Maryland also in the DMV, where exactly are you located?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Welcome! I am in the Greater Philly Area, but Maryland is not far!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Aria View Post
    Nice to meet you! I live in Maryland also in the DMV, where exactly are you located?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    I live near Baltimore. I work in Delaware.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Welcome, Sparkle! Down here in the NoVA area.

Awesome! So great to meet you!

Nice to meet you! I live in Maryland too! Silver Spring, to be precise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! I live in PA but go to Baltimore area for work quite often!

Are you looking into making a tail or buying one?

Quote Originally Posted by StellaRae View Post
    Welcome! I live in PA but go to Baltimore area for work quite often!

Are you looking into making a tail or buying one?
    I actually bought my first fabric tail last week! It was a dark purple Mertailor EcoTail. I absolutely love it! It fits like a dream!! I am already working on a design for a silicone tail that I want to have made. It's going to be a kind of cosmic design and since I'm a Pisces, I'm going to have the constellation put on the tail somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHerSparkle3899 View Post
    I actually bought my first fabric tail last week! It was a dark purple Mertailor EcoTail. I absolutely love it! It fits like a dream!! I am already working on a design for a silicone tail that I want to have made. It's going to be a kind of cosmic design and since I'm a Pisces, I'm going to have the constellation put on the tail somewhere.
    Yo if you have an embroidery machine or can hand embroider, here's a really cool Pisces file from one of my favorite sites: http://www.urbanthreads.com/products...ductid=UT14776
    Idk how embroidery would work on a fabric tail (I'm a noob) but it's a cool design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Member Pod of Cali Morgana1999's Avatar

Follow Morgana1999 on Tumblr
    I'm in Maryland! I'm not far from Baltimore either!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod swordwhale's Avatar
    Follow swordwhale On Twitter Add swordwhale on Facebook
    Follow swordwhale on Tumblr Visit swordwhale's Youtube Channel
    Hi! I'm in York COunty PA, but travel to places on the DelMarVa peninsula as often as possible. I have, in fact, amused a few beach goers at Rock Hall MD, and Assateague Island.

My personal experience and opinion about tails goes thusly (and echoes some of the pros I love):

Fabric tails look great and are easier to use, get on, get out of, require no mertenders (I put mine on in waves at Rock Hall and in the swash at Assateague island beach), and are easy to repair. Silicone is fabulous and great for pros, but expensive and hard to use and maintain.

I love the Fin Fun tailskins, cheap and sturdy and amazing variety and gorgeous. They make good enough monofins but the Linden is the same price or cheaper, and a better monofin, speed, power, easy to fit all kinds of feet, and fits in the Fin Fun skins. I also like the Luna and Mahina, though they barely fit my huge feet.

There seems to be a small pod that swims at Dutch Springs in PA (clear water but cold, it's set up for diving, which is what I did there years ago).

There are some awesome beach photo ops at Rock Hall MD, (as well as a fun swim in shallow water with nice waves), Turner's Creek Landing MD on the Sassafras River (set out in a kayak, go down river, turn into the tidal creek, play in the tide pools on sand, get pics among the lotus), and Eastern Neck Island National Wildlife Refuge (mouth of the Chester River). All Chesapeake Bay water, that is, not very clear... unless you add a wetsuit to the outfit and go in December.

I have a facebook page for mermaiding at any level: Gramma Swordwhale's Mermaiding Page

It's fun, and you don't have to match the stereotypical image, or have a lot of money.

I'd start with the Linden or Luna (also fits in the Fin Fun, mostly) and a Fin Fun skin.

Just keep swimming, swimming swimming...

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod swordwhale's Avatar
    Follow swordwhale On Twitter Add swordwhale on Facebook
    Follow swordwhale on Tumblr Visit swordwhale's Youtube Channel
    Oh hey congrats on the new tail... but wait... there's more!