Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what am I supposed to wear inside of my tail being a merman?

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thatotakugalaxy View Post
    Hehe, have you tried swim shirts and swim leggings at the same time...? I wear swim shirts in the cold:3 im very self conscious about my shoulders and arms because im still going through puberty and have alot of acne on my body, so i feel really embarrassed when people see my acne...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't, but I want to! I didn't go swimming a lot before getting into mermaiding a few years ago, so most of my swim gear is secondhand because I haven't had any income since we moved out here. I also like the ideas of swim shirts & leggings because my skin hates sunlight 😆

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Never worry about acne as everyone goes through that phase. We all been there. Just remember if you worry about your looks, my back is full of stretch marks so you got it better than me and I'm not worry about my stretch marks either anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by thatotakugalaxy View Post
    Hehe, have you tried swim shirts and swim leggings at the same time...? I wear swim shirts in the cold:3 im very self conscious about my shoulders and arms because im still going through puberty and have alot of acne on my body, so i feel really embarrassed when people see my acne...

If you do end up going with something that isn't officially swimwear, be sure it doesn't become transparent when it gets wet! With the sports clothing it probably won't be see through, but you always want to be sure before you go out in public.

For the ladies checking out this thread who don't like swimsuit tops - try swimming with a sports bra on instead. You won't be worrying about those stupid strings coming untied and if you jump off of a diving board your top won't fall off or pull up - seriously how do girls jump off of cliffs with flimsy suits on?! I would say try to find a sports bra where the padding is sewn securely to the top though. I hate it how when you swim it shifts the padding around and then you have to straighten it out. Nothing takes away the fun of swimming like constantly adjusting a stupid top because you are worried it will come off if you do anything.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of The South thatotakugalaxy's Avatar
    Add thatotakugalaxy on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Never worry about acne as everyone goes through that phase. We all been there. Just remember if you worry about your looks, my back is full of stretch marks so you got it better than me and I'm not worry about my stretch marks either anymore.

Alrighty also, i had stretch marks when i was younger, i used to be one of those kids who sat downstairs every day after school and ate doritos and played gears of war till i got 30 pounds over xD it wasn't till i was 10 that i started to run more often, so i didn't ever notice the stretch marks on my hips and thighs. I kinda just left them alone

St Augustine FL mermaid! I'm a bit crazy, but I swear I can be fun to be around

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    If you do end up going with something that isn't officially swimwear, be sure it doesn't become transparent when it gets wet! With the sports clothing it probably won't be see through, but you always want to be sure before you go out in public.

For the ladies checking out this thread who don't like swimsuit tops - try swimming with a sports bra on instead. You won't be worrying about those stupid strings coming untied and if you jump off of a diving board your top won't fall off or pull up - seriously how do girls jump off of cliffs with flimsy suits on?! I would say try to find a sports bra where the padding is sewn securely to the top though. I hate it how when you swim it shifts the padding around and then you have to straighten it out. Nothing takes away the fun of swimming like constantly adjusting a stupid top because you are worried it will come off if you do anything.
    I have a long silverish purple shirt, and its way to big on me, so i swim in it as my swim cover, it becomes a little transparent, but you never notice underwater. I used to swim in a sports bra, but the problem i had was the bottom of the bra kinda curled up and once it ended up showing off my chest to the world xD i was at a spring though so i quickly just turned to the corner with no people

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Go commando!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    One thing about bicycle shorts: They can have padding between you and the bicycle seat. When you hold your legs together, that padding bunches up and becomes a bit uncomfortable. The jammers seem to be a better option.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    One thing about bicycle shorts: They can have padding between you and the bicycle seat. When you hold your legs together, that padding bunches up and becomes a bit uncomfortable. The jammers seem to be a better option.
    You used to be able to take the padding out... maybe you can cut a tiny slit and pull it out....?

YOUR AMAZING -many bubbles from Cyan

Member Euro Pod
    I know that feeling-
    I just got some swimming trunks in the same colour as my top ^^''