Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what am I supposed to wear inside of my tail being a merman?

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar

So what am I supposed to wear inside of my tail being a merman?

I really didn't want to ask this question but at the same time I need to know the answer. I'm having a very great hybrid tail being made and I know it maybe a tad tight if I was to wear swim trunks. I only wore swim trunks my whole life so I'm not familiar if there are other swimwear or not. So the question I need to ask is what do I wear underneath? I thinking boxer brief would adsorb water and make a tight area tighter. I just don't know. Input and help will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I really didn't want to ask this question but at the same time I need to know the answer. I'm having a very great hybrid tail being made and I know it maybe a tad tight if I was to wear swim trunks. I only wore swim trunks my whole life so I'm not familiar if there are other swimwear or not. So the question I need to ask is what do I wear underneath? I thinking boxer brief would adsorb water and make a tight area tighter. I just don't know. Input and help will be great.
    The Mertailor makes a pretty awesome line of merman swimsuits, many of them are speedos so it might not be your thing. I think there might also be a few less small options but I mean I've never looked, being a lady and all. If that's not your thing, you could grab some leggings and put breifs underneath idk....

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Senior Member Pod of The South thatotakugalaxy's Avatar
    Add thatotakugalaxy on Facebook
    I'll be honest, i really recommend getting a speedo, depending on the side of your tail, your swim trunks might give an outline under the tail, making it unrealistic. The speedo wont do that though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    St Augustine FL mermaid! I'm a bit crazy, but I swear I can be fun to be around

I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Speedo would make me feel nude which I hate that feeling in public. I'm hoping to avoid that and crossing my fin there something out there that I don't know about. I still don't understand how girls can get used of that feeling with bikinis.
    Last edited by Slim; 02-22-2017 at 07:37 PM. Reason: I forgot THAT (literally)

I've seen swimmers at my pool wear something more Iike longer speedo - it was like swim trunks. And welcome to the world of sexual glorification sir.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I hate bikini's!! Since im a tiny bit chubby, i hate showing my legs and stomach, but i know one thing you could try.... the mermaid leggings, put those on then the tail..? In honesty, one of my tail skins is really tight, so i wear the bottoms that came with the suit, but my other one is very loose, so i wear leggings with that one

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest mermaid mazu's Avatar
    Maybe like a bicycle short?

That would work

Senior Member Pod of Cali WaterDragon's Avatar
    Maybe try something like this? It's speedo brand but looks more like bicycle shorts: https://m.swimoutlet.com/p/speedo-en...CwkBoC8Kfw_wcB

I wear spandex bike shorts. I find they work wonderfully. Have had my current pair for a couple years now, no wear or fading on them or anything

Just be careful, some bicycle shorts have padding in the crotch, which is great for biking but probably not so great for swimming.

There are also swimsuit shorts that various companies make. The skin-tight, short type of swim bottom are usually called "Jammers" so you might try searching "mens swim jammers" and seeing what turns up. (for Example)
    Last edited by Triton-Mahtlinnie; 02-22-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Triton Mahtlinnie of Puget Sound
    Facebook / Tumblr

Thank you for the ideas everyone. I would had never though to consider bicycle short or jammers but that actually a great idea. Thank you

I never been a fan of the who sexual glorification thing anyways on why people dress the way they do. If they feel good about it, that one thing. If their wearing it to impress and making themselves feel less than perfect, I don't want them no matter how well they look.

I totally agreee with you slim

I can say from wearing bike shorts into water i would not recommend it. (I am a female btw) the padding in good bike shorts will soak up water and their is no good way to put it... feels like wearing a diaper. Since you will need something tight but don't like the briefs cut then jammers are what you want. The speedo link posted by WaterDragon is an example. I was a competitive swimmer for a long time so I've seen a good deal of men in swimsuits (lol) and i think that product will give you the coverage you desire without the difficulty of putting loose fabric into a tight tail. In the warmer months you should be able to find jammers in local sports stores. Good luck!

I agree with Ed here- go with jammers. From what I hear, they are pretty comfortable, they don't put your junk on exhibition, and they are fantastic for just wearing while swimming or wearing with your tail. Heck, I know guys who switched to wearing jammers instead of trunks after trying them.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    The reason why most swimwear is so tight and consists of as little fabric as possible is not to be "sexually glorificating"
    (except maybe bikinis and tangas, dunno about those, never wore them), but to have the least water resistance.
    You'd be the fastest in the nude

The other reason is hygiene.
    I'm sure you noticed just how much dirt and gross stuff some people trail behind them when they swim, and it's always the worst with dudes who wear those baggy "swim shorts" and such.
    Very, very few people really shower and wash their things before they swim, so the less fabric their gear has, the less dirt they will deposit in the pool.

And there is a third reason: the more fabric you wear in the pool, the greater the water loss from the pool when you get out. That can be really costly for a pool to replace all the lost water, which is why some pools banned fullbody swimsuits and the like.

Senior Member Pod of The South Marlin's Avatar
    Add Marlin on Facebook
    Compression shorts work just fine for me. They are pretty thin and tight so they hide well under the tail, and do a good job keeping the "merman bump" down. They also don't absorb a ton of water and dry out pretty quick and easy.
    Even mermaids need tech support.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    I personally am self-conscious of wearing a bikini, especially if anyone is going to see me out-of-tail (I also identify as an androgyne/non-binary, so I feel weird wearing bikinis sometimes, LOL). I like to wear leggings or tights with my bikini bottoms to cover all that extra skin! I find that my briefs-style bottoms get bunched up inside my tail, being uncomfortable and making funny lines to the tail, so I do wear shorts-cut bikini bottoms under my tail.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu View Post
    I personally am self-conscious of wearing a bikini, especially if anyone is going to see me out-of-tail (I also identify as an androgyne/non-binary, so I feel weird wearing bikinis sometimes, LOL). I like to wear leggings or tights with my bikini bottoms to cover all that extra skin! I find that my briefs-style bottoms get bunched up inside my tail, being uncomfortable and making funny lines to the tail, so I do wear shorts-cut bikini bottoms under my tail.

I personally hate bikini's, in all honesty, i hate people who wear those bikini's that barely cover there boobs at all :-; i also hate the bottoms that come with them, i wear swim shorts and either a leotard shaped suit or a tankini, but i just can't stand bikini's..

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thatotakugalaxy View Post
    I personally hate bikini's, in all honesty, i hate people who wear those bikini's that barely cover there boobs at all :-; i also hate the bottoms that come with them, i wear swim shorts and either a leotard shaped suit or a tankini, but i just can't stand bikini's..

Lol I have yet to find an affordable pair of swim trunks that get along well with my enormous hips 😆 the bottoms I have are the closest to trunks I can get, though! It is always a struggle to find a top that fits & covers everything - my body shape is not catered to by affordable clothing brands 😒

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu View Post
    Lol I have yet to find an affordable pair of swim trunks that get along well with my enormous hips the bottoms I have are the closest to trunks I can get, though! It is always a struggle to find a top that fits & covers everything - my body shape is not catered to by affordable clothing brands

Hehe, have you tried swim shirts and swim leggings at the same time...? I wear swim shirts in the cold:3 im very self conscious about my shoulders and arms because im still going through puberty and have alot of acne on my body, so i feel really embarrassed when people see my acne...