Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Carolinian Mers?

Exclamation South Carolinian Mers?

Aloha fellow mers! I was wondering if there is any upstate South Carolinian merfolk? doesn't seem to be a lot...

I'm guessing you mean more of the Greenville area? I'm in Myrtle Beach so I'm kinda upstate on my side of the state haha

Senior Member Pod of The South saborigakusei's Avatar
    Well I'm from Charleston, so not upstate. I feel like there aren't too many of us down here either haha.

But if anyone's ever in my area I know plenty of tail-friendly pools and am always down for a swim. ^^

I live in Savannah, GA! I know it's not in South Carolina but it's right on the border.

Hello! I am brand new and am from SC, more specifically the upstate area. I hope to see more mers here from SC. It would be fun to have more merfriends nearby

Vyki

Hi, I am a new mermaid. I go to college in Myrtle Beach. I'm a lone mermaid in my home town so I'm very interested in making some mer-friends.

I'm in NC but sometimes travel down to Myrtle Beach or other areas in SC. Not many public pools where I am but I'd be down to meet up in SC with some mers upstate sometime

Quote Originally Posted by NomadicMermaid View Post
    I'm in NC but sometimes travel down to Myrtle Beach or other areas in SC. Not many public pools where I am but I'd be down to meet up in SC with some mers upstate sometime
    Please let me know when you come down to Myrtle Beach! I'd love to hang out!
    Misha The Magical Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by FreckleMermaid View Post
    Hi, I am a new mermaid. I go to college in Myrtle Beach. I'm a lone mermaid in my home town so I'm very interested in making some mer-friends.
    Can't believe I missed this! Do you go to Coastal? We should totally hang out sometime!
    Misha The Magical Mermaid

Misha, where in Myrtle Beach do you swim? Are there some good tail-friendly spots?

I'm from Charleston, but I do go to Myrtle occasionally, and I'm always down for a swim. ^^
    ~Azuri the cave siren~

Quote Originally Posted by MishaTheMagicalMermaid View Post
    Please let me know when you come down to Myrtle Beach! I'd love to hang out!
    I definitely will! Probably sometime in November.

Hey SC mers! Meetup in your area early November. hotel rates start at $61 per night that weekend and photographer will be onsite. More are welcome to do TFP and anyone can come!

Name:  Design.png
Views: 480
Size:  360.4 KB
    Mermaid Titania
    A traveling mermaid - mostly west coast USA and abroad but you'll never know where she might pop up!

Member Pod of The South Mermaid Kalele's Avatar
    I'm in the Columbia area, not exactly upstate but not too far away

Welcome. There are plenty of tail-friendly pools in Charleston if you're ever down this way.

Have you found any good swimming spots in Columbia yet?
    ~Azuri the cave siren~

Quote Originally Posted by saborigakusei View Post
    Welcome. There are plenty of tail-friendly pools in Charleston if you're ever down this way.

Have you found any good swimming spots in Columbia yet?
    Thank you! I may make a short trip down to Charleston this summer and would like to meet other merfolk.

As for swimming around my area... I'm not sure yet. My gym has allowed me to swim with my Mahina merfin (MUV Fitness). I am waiting on my first tail from Swimtails and will ask if I can use it in the pool. There is Lake Murray also for open water swimming.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quick update and a question:
    Are there going to be any South Pod meet-ups this summer/year?
    I talked to a manager at my gym in Lexington, SC (MUV Fitness) and they are tail friendly. I get my tail tomorrow merfolk!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kalele View Post
    Quick update and a question:
    Are there going to be any South Pod meet-ups this summer/year?
    I talked to a manager at my gym in Lexington, SC (MUV Fitness) and they are tail friendly. I get my tail tomorrow merfolk!

I'd be interested in a meetup. What's the pool like? How deep is it?
    ~Azuri the cave siren~

Quote Originally Posted by saborigakusei View Post
    I'd be interested in a meetup. What's the pool like? How deep is it?
    I got my tail yesterday and water tested it today! The pool at my particular Muv Fitness is chlorine, only 4ft deep, and not particularly big but it's great for doing laps in one of three lanes. I've heard other locations have bigger pools.
    Name:  20180523_160606.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  72.4 KB

I am also in NC, but I travel to south Carolina quite frequently (my parents own a surfing brand, they come down for events quite often - sometimes I tag along) Usually to either Charleston or Myrtle beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Chloe-Marie View Post
    I am also in NC, but I travel to south Carolina quite frequently (my parents own a surfing brand, they come down for events quite often - sometimes I tag along) Usually to either Charleston or Myrtle beach.
    That's cool your parents own a surf company, did you grow up around the water?

Maybe we should plan a meet up in Charleston/Folly Beach or Myrtle Beach.