Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Little Mermaid 2017- Merbella's tails and tank

Oh my goodness! This is amazing!!! I cannot wait to see the movie!!!! And even the idea that Raven was part of it is fantastic!!!

The minute I saw the fluke, I knew it was a Merbella. lol I can't wait for this movie!

So many great things about this movie! The smallest child's name is Claire (no lines in the trailer, but apparently a couple in the movie). She's a sweet, adorable little singer. I've crashed hard for this little girl! The story line and artwork look amazing. And NOW Merbellas? I so have to pre-purchase this movie! <3

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
    The difference between a dream and a goal is a deadline. ~Steve Smith
    Start strong, stay strong and finish strong by always remembering why you're doing it in the first place. ~Ralph Marston
    user formerly known as Critter

Losing weight and THEN getting a tail. 41 pounds down, 100 to go! July 16 and still going strong! Inspired to educate and then work as a fitness and nutrition coach.

This isn't the Disney version is it?

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    It not.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    This isn't the Disney version is it?
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

For the movie's sake, I wish they hadn't chosen the title "The Little Mermaid." When it first aired on YouTube, it got so many more dislikes than likes, and there were some pretty terrible comments calling it a bait and a ripoff. It must have gotten so bad that now they have both likes and comments disabled. Lots of people have been anticipating a live action remake of Disney's version, and everyone seems to be disappointed by this.

I'm really hoping that people end up coming to see and enjoy this movie, it looks like it is going to be fantastic.
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    hilarious because it literally was filmed in the time it took any of these studios to even fully confirm or cast. so really people think it's a knock off but was in production long before the others were confirmed.

OMGoodness I want to see this so bad! Does anyone know when it's coming out?
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Omg this looks incredible! When's it coming out??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Euro Pod Astridia's Avatar
    SQUEALING ....just EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE can't wait. so tempted to take my tail with me to see it, just all "Yup, mermaids watching mermaid movies.... ya got a problem with that?.. least We ain't wet" XD

Bumping this thread because I went to the premier of this movie last night at the Tampa Theatre. The official release is Aug 17, 2018. The Merbella tail and top (& hair clips) were my favorite part! It was a beautiful blue and yellow tail with tattered fins & obvious Merbella fluke. There wasn't a ton of tail screen time but when it was on the screen it was beautiful.

After the film showing the actors and directors did a Q&A. Poppy Drayton, the mermaid, talked about how difficult it was to get into the tail. She talked about all the swimming and training that she did. Then she talked about the underwater filming they did at Weekie Wachee. I will post some of the video I took.

The film itself was obviously a small budget film directed st very young kids. Even though their were some big name actors: Shirley MacLain (the grandmother), William Moseley (the male lead, Narnia & the Royals), and others like Jo Marie Payton (Harriet Winslow from Family Matters) ...the acting was really substandard. Polly was the only, sort of, stand out in the film. She had a song (that she really sang) in the middle of the film that was truly beautiful!

The circus props were really fun. They were from an authentic 1930's circus. And finally there was a bit of a cameo by a real elephant that was sort of confusing (Spoiler alert: Will let the elephant go free just as he was trying to free the mermaid). They sort of talked about her during the Q&A, saying she was a bit hands on with Will and tossed him around a bit during filming. And she liked jolly ranchers (for some reason that comment really stood out to me. LOL)

I'm looking forward to others seeing the film and giving their thoughts about it.

https://youtu.be/aH-7amOeqYQ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Aerial Princess

Florida Springs Mermaid
    "You Can Swim With Us!"
    https://www.facebook.com/floridapods/

Tampa Bay Mermaid
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidaerialprincess/

Senior Member Pod of The South MidsummerMermaid's Avatar
    I've been sceptical about changing the original movie. Was it still good?

Sent from my shell phone using MerNetwork mobile app
    ***** I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living *****

it's my fluke

Quote Originally Posted by MerFantasy View Post
    I've been sceptical about changing the original movie. Was it still good?

Sent from my shell phone using MerNetwork mobile app
    My real review is a bit harsh, honestly.

The story line was OK but got weirdly magical at the end. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who might love it. And little kids will probably still love it. Poppy probably put it best when she was asked what she thought of it after seeing it for the first time. She said with a soft loving look, "Its really sweet."

It isn't a movie I'd pay to see in theater (as a 40+ year old hardcore mermaid fan). There was too much really bad acting, awkward pauses, bad makeup, and inconsistencies for me to truly enjoy it. It felt like there was a lot of backstory that may have been cut out as there were some characters who had a big presence at the end who barely had scenes throughout. I may be totally biased but other than the mermaid in the tank, the underwater scenes and mermaid transformations I could do without.

Again, I loved the mermaid tail!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Aerial Princess

Florida Springs Mermaid
    "You Can Swim With Us!"
    https://www.facebook.com/floridapods/

Tampa Bay Mermaid
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidaerialprincess/

The film is on Netflix already, so I watched it. I thought the movie sucked. And a hokey wizard instead of a sea witch?! Come on really?! I was very disappointed cause I wanted so much for it to be good. But I looooove the beautiful tail and the mermaid is so pretty. It’s worth watching only for the magnificent merbella tail

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    I actually liked it if you ignore the terrible acting Haha

Interesting premise and wooow that gorgeous tail o.o

just another B movie lol

Junior Member Pod of New England pinki_girl513's Avatar

Visit pinki_girl513's Youtube Channel
    I saw this on Netflix a while ago and loved it, it’s a nice twist on how things could’ve happened in the original story if the ending was changed up a bit and the ending of the movie was great. Spoiler stop reading here if you don’t want to be spoiled: I liked how the mermaid didn’t end up with the girl’s uncle because hey she didn’t risk her life to get back to her family after all this time to not go back and see them and just stay with this guy who yes did help her but he didn’t try and sweep her off her fins and ask her to stay with him cuz hey if I was away from my family for a long time and they would probably think I’m dead after awhile I would probably want to go see them and if something did grow between the two of them she can go back with her family’s knowledge and see where the relationship goes, without having to give up her soul.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

I worked with Poppy as the set medic on "Home by Spring" she and I got to talking about the mermaid movie and she had picks of that tail on her cell phone ������.