Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: MERMAID SPOTTING

Wow Jazz, I would love to go to a rocky, foresty waterfall area, that would be a great freshwater mermaid photoshoot
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

These photos are all so beautiful! I love the idea of finding perfect mermaid spots. I'm always on the lookout! My favorite spot that I think will be perfect for a mermaid this summer is Folly Cove in Rockport, Massachusetts. I scuba dive here but this summer will be my first with my tail! I love that this site feels really secluded but is open to the public.
    Name:  IMG_1751.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  600.3 KB

Senior Member Pod of Cali Neria's Avatar
    They'd have to be a pretty tough mermaid to stay afloat in all the craziness of the water crashing, but I think Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe would be a pretty awesome place for a mermaid sighting. I can totally picture mermaids hanging out somewhere down below in a more mellow spot, maybe with some fairies for company
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    User previously known as "Marina".

I'm in love with the beach in Portugal

Name:  praira de ursa1.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  829.4 KB (Praia de ursa)

Forgot about this other photo I took while in Jamaica, not as magical as luminous lagoon but the water was so beautiful unfortunately I didn't get a pic, but there was a cave you could go in that led to a small pool of water, which led to the ocean! Looked like it was a moon pool from h2o or something!
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    All of these pictures are making me so itchy for travel. I have to get out of this (beautiful) desert and get to the ocean!

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Sirenia View Post
    Forgot about this other photo I took while in Jamaica, not as magical as luminous lagoon but the water was so beautiful unfortunately I didn't get a pic, but there was a cave you could go in that led to a small pool of water, which led to the ocean! Looked like it was a moon pool from h2o or something!
    Do you happen to remember the name of this location Sirenia? I want to look it up and see if I can find a pic of that cave, it sounds amazing!
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

Quote Originally Posted by RisingMermaid View Post
    Do you happen to remember the name of this location Sirenia? I want to look it up and see if I can find a pic of that cave, it sounds amazing!
    It's at some Cafe in Negril, I can't remember the name specifically but I can see if I can figure it out there were bats in the cave too! It was dark but beautiful!
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Found 2 places not terribly far from me where I simply HAVE to get pics when my tail is finished.

Bridal Veil Falls

Opal Creek

Wow Lily you have THAT near you!? You definitely need to get some photos there!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of The South SeaMonkey's Avatar
    r u kidding me? i would freakin LIVE there
    I'm no ordinary girl
    I'm from the deep blue underworld
    Land or sea the worlds my oyster
    I'm the pearl
    No ordinary girl

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Sirenia View Post
    I wish, but sadly if you do that the microorganisms will die, my 8 year old brother decided to be dumb and drink the water though... his urine glowed 
    Omg I died >.<
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Found 2 places not terribly far from me where I simply HAVE to get pics when my tail is finished.

Bridal Veil Falls

Opal Creek
    Whatwhatwhat No fair!!!!! I would build a little cottage and swim there every day omg
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

These places are all so amazing! How have I never found this thread before??

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanWhisper View Post
    These places are all so amazing! How have I never found this thread before??
    Ditto here! I have to download every pic and use them as screensaver. So much beauty!
    Here is my contribution: Islas Cíes in Galicia, Spain:

Name:  islas cies.jpg
Views: 2220
Size:  56.7 KB

Name:  islas cies 2.jpg
Views: 1648
Size:  72.2 KB

They are a natural protected park; there is a huge colony of marine birds that make their nests in the cliffs. The sand is white and so thin that you sink on it and it takes real effort to walk on it. The water is very clear, but freezing (about 10º C, 50 F). Very worth the visit!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    All from my trip to Honduras...

Name:  10361976_10104772324699920_4450988529688532847_n.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  105.4 KB
    Under the dock waiting to scare humans....

Name:  10509538_10104772323073180_3612480136830067984_n.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  165.4 KB
    At the jungle's edge...

Name:  10457174_10104772322778770_9040766017842502623_n.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  140.7 KB
    In the jungle's shallows...
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Somebody's pool I found on Google... Private Grotto!

Attachment 19952
    Looking at something like this (or lovely swimmming ponds) is the only time I really regret not having money.

Natural places are wonderful, but not so practical for mermaiding if you don't live there (damn expensive, and in tropical or warm climates, also risky), it's too cold to swim in most of the time, currents, dangerous wildlife etc to be wary of and so on.

A naturally looking indoor (or maybe outdoor) private pool though, not too chilly, done up mermaidy looking...

These places are all mermazing!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

I swam at one of my dream mermaid locations last week! The Hidden Beach at Islas Marietas in Mexico. Here are some pictures of the beach from around the internet.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1429899858918.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  190.9 KB

Pictures my mom took while there:

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1429900052936.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  137.5 KB

And so far, the only two decent pictures I got out of it.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1429900153164.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  432.9 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1429900395526.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  133.5 KB

Still hoping to work done editing magic on the others to make them useable. There was so much chaos it was hard to concentrate on looking pretty lol.

I realize that this isn't quite the "pristine natural pool" that the rest of the thread showcases, but dang do I want to do a photoshoot at the local "boat graveyard."

Name:  Snohomish_River_shipwreck_paddling_Everett_WA.JPG
Views: 1989
Size:  164.2 KBName:  Img_4299x.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  429.8 KBName:  47117938.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  140.4 KB

maybe it's the darker mer in me, but I love me some shipwrecks