Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: LADIES deal with that time of the month in eco friendly style!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Usagi's Avatar
    Gross? It takes a lot to gross me out. haha I thought I was about to start my period..my tracking app says so it was supposed to be today lol I used a tampon yesterday because I did notice a bit of blood when I peed but there hasn't actually been blood-blood in the cup. Just the wonderful pre-menstruation stuff or whatever. I read that right before your period starts, your body gets rid of anything that's already in there, like blood from your last period that never made its way out. So I just like to refer to that stuff as "the leftovers" lol
    Do you want this anemone to sting you?
    ......yes!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yeah so it may not be working for you because you aren't on it yet

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by sydthefairebrat View Post
    I think you should start a tampon/pad combo. Like wear a pad with the small tampons. then work your way up to the bigger ones and eventually you won't need a pad (maybe a liner, though. I have to use one at the beginning of my period even with the gigantic tampons) and you'll feel like a changed woman. Stress-free.

Reminder to whoever: always carry extra tampons. You never know if you'll drop one in the toilet! lol

andrea- I may be 18, but I think if my mother found out I had a bottle of lube, I would be in trouble. Lol but I've read that coconut oil can be used as a lubricant, even for sex, so if I ever have the need (period-wise), I'll probably just use that. I know it's weird. But at least it smells good! haha
    Thanks! WIll do! SO glad you helped me out! If I were talking face to face, I'd give huge hug, but I'll just have to settle for being very happy.
    Swamp fish noises intensify

Can I just say I'm really happy with how this thread turned out? I'm thrilled so many of you are trying these things, and that we have a safe place to discuss it!

PERIODS ARE WEIRD, MAN. lol I have a theory that the cup released air when I put it in, and now there's air pressure keeping everything in. Haha!
    I like having a place to talk about periods without feeling awkward. I don't know why society sees it as a hush hush thing. Maybe it goes back to puritans (or whoever) who sent women into the forest when they were menstruating because they thought there was something with the devil going on. Something like that.
    ......yes!

We are just too magical maaaan!

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    Raina, lOL. you never know, MAYBE that IS why. That's an interesting thought. And it does feel nice to have a place where I can talk about it.
    Swamp fish noises intensify

Well, I actually took a course on women's history and we read this really interesting book called "The Body Project". It pointed out how in North America, periods are treated as being dirty and not something we talk about. Where in other parts of the world, they're a huge coming of age for women and are celebrated. My stepmom home schooled my two baby sisters, and as they both approached their teens years, she and I talked a lot about this. So when they finally got it, we celebrated. I want to do the same thing for my own kids

I like that you guys did that Raina. It shouldn't be a taboo thing to avoid talking about. I wasnt taught about periods until I actually started bleeding. I thought I was dying and my mom started laughing at me

This time around we're educating my 7 year old niece and she already knows what it is and where it comes from and what you're supposed to do.

Is anyone on this site a gyno?
    ......yes!

no don't think so, and even if they were I don't think they're legally allowed to give out advice unless it's through specific chanels

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Diva Cup. Every woman needs one. I converted my best friend! I got one years ago and never looked back, used tampons once since (lost my cup) and immediately ran out for a new one.

No emergency runs to the drugstore, no embarrassing your guy with having to go get them, less cramps, lighter period, better uhm... smell and taste, from what my guy says. I never accidentally get the bed or my clothes, because now my lady parts have timed it so that, no matter what time I go to sleep/wake up, I don't start bleeding until the first time I go to the little fishies room after waking. And man, has that thing saved my butt at some festivals!

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)