Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nim's 1st made to order full silicone tail - video series

Oh my goodness! Your webpage is stunning! And... you're on Europe?? I think I know who will be my future tailmaker when I could afford one silicone tail...

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~

This is astounding! I have to say, so far these are some of the most realistic scales I've ever seen. The first video could have been pulled straight off of a fish!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Euro Pod Freshwater_Nim's Avatar
    Thank you everybody for your awesome feedback! I'll go and put it all to use over the weekend 😊
    EARTH WITHOUT ART IS JUST EH. --- Scales by Nim ---
    Tailmaking Diary

Hi lovlies,

Just here to say I've been taking your suggestions to heart and have added more info to the Read Me section (about the order process) as well as to the actual product page (detailing a whole lot about what a 'basic mermaid tail' actually means, including the materials used.)
    Tailmaking Diary

Senior Member Euro Pod Moonchild's Avatar

Follow Moonchild on Tumblr Follow Moonchild on Flickr
    OMG NIM That blue tail is so amazing!!! I honestly wish I had 1300€ bc I'd order one right now. I love the color so much!! And the heels special is such a good idea. Basically I love everything about your tail, I'm just sad I can't afford one before it gets expesive (bc trust me, it looks amazing, I'm 100% you'll start getting orders very soon)

Beautiful website! I'm a web designer myself and can't really find much to critique. Maybe just add an "About me" type page that gives a little more personal insight into your mermaid story. You could also highlight the naturalistic style of your tails, as I think that's what makes you stand out from other fantasy style tailmakers.

I looooove the shiney of your tail! Is there something extra in the top coat that gives it that iridescent sheen or is that just the normal pigments you're using?
    Lauren Chu ~ Mermaid Soluna
    HamptonsMermaid.com @HamptonsMermaid
    Miss Mermaid USA 2016/17, Miss Mermaid International 2016/17 2nd Runner Up

Hey Nim, I was wondering if you have a picture of the zipper you could add. Im stingy considering taking that June spot

Thanks everyone! Thriled to hear you like my page

@ HamptonsMermaid: Thank you for your feedback! I just added all of your suggestions to the webpage. And as for your question; I use a very transparent silicone and paint the inside And the outside of the tail, so I get a very realistic light-scattering effect like real fish scales have as well. The pigments are just the same as everyone elses.

@Vee: I'm sorry dear the June Slot is already taken. But, there's gonna be quite a few more opportunities for a discounted Tail :-) I attached a picture where you can see the zipper really well. To hide it I would put the two halfs of the dorsal fin on each side (alike the H20 tails) which you then can close over the zipper to make it invisible. Obviously the longer the dorsal the longer the zipper can be.

Tailmaking Diary

Hey Nim, I love your tails they are beautiful! You are doing an amazing job.
    I just have a bit of a health concern for you. Iridescent colors are supper pretty and very reminiscent of fish scales but those same pigments are extremely hazardous to your health. Chemical gas masks need to be worn when mixing these pigments and if you are doing any airbrush work with them you need to wear it then too. These can cause major neurological disorders and brain cancer.
    I use to be an airbrush artist for Windstone Editions and their paint mixer and I can tell you how important this is and that we've lost some great artists in the industry due to improper handling of materials.
    Keep yourself safe and healthy! We want you around for a long time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Leenius! Thank you so much for your concern! <3

I'm always wearing my airbrush breather mask when painting . It's gas/spray proof so I think it should be safe enough?

But I'll make sure to be extra careful from now on!

PS Most of my pigments are usually used for cosmetics, are they such a big health hazard as well?
    Tailmaking Diary

I saw that you did wear your mask for painting, very good! Those fumes would give me a migraine!

If they are for cosmetics then you are pretty safe, those are meant for the face so they go through pretty vigorous regulations and are the safest of the bunch.

Phew, oh I'm happy to hear that. ^^

Thank you so much for your feedback and advice!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Tailmaking Diary

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    The pink and blue color shift reminds me of Sleeping Beauty's magic dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Celaeno View Post
    The pink and blue color shift reminds me of Sleeping Beauty's magic dress.
    Oooh love that.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    Nim, I have been following your thread since it started and can I say, your tails are absolutely stunning.
    I am a HUGE fan of fish-realistic tails. And this one you are wearing in your sig is just breathtaking. I love the colour shift, and the small 'spots' along certain parts of the fluke and body.
    I had a look at your website, and was thrilled to see a spot available for a tail. I am seriously considering taking it, if it is still available.
    Do you have any photos of side fins, or a dorsal fin with the hidden zipper? I would LOVE to see how they come out!

Huge kudos to you for the website too! It's very easy to navigate and read, which is refreshing.
    I am in total LOVE! <3

Hi Nim,

I really like your website and LOVE your work so far! We clearly have a new, talented tailmaker in the field

And as your from Europe... it's likely I'll purchase my first silicone tail from you!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLyara View Post
    Hi Nim,

I really like your website and LOVE your work so far! We clearly have a new, talented tailmaker in the field

And as your from Europe... it's likely I'll purchase my first silicone tail from you!
    Im excited for you I can't wait to see more updates on this tail.

Aww thanks Moomer! <3 Any Lyara <3 I hope to live up to your expectations.

New video added in the initial post. Having a tendency to ramble, it always takes me a while to edit these, so they're somewhat behind the actual progress of the tail.

I'll do my best to keep the updates coming more regularly in the future. Next up is the actual work with the silicone, and after that it'll be the sculpting of an entirely new fluke based on the exceedingly glamorous Halfmoon Betta fish.
    Tailmaking Diary

Just chiming in so that Nim knows who I am on here. Hello, I'm the one who's getting the tail. I'm very excited about it and curious and fascinated by the process. And so happy and not at all surprised to see that I'm not the only one who thinks you're talented.

Also... 'Exceedingly lovely creature', Aww thanks.

The cat is adorable, playing with the clay.

Can't wait to see what you do with the fluke.
    Last edited by Glinda Rose; 04-26-2017 at 03:16 PM. Reason: grammar
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/ZNXtyNg9u1SF2" width="480" height="272" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Nim, you are so talented! Your tails look like movie pieces.